• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Boshi Devours the Competition! WAIT! Don't go! Hear Me Out First

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Well i do want Boshi in smash i think he'd make it as DLC as his popularity only came when Echo fighters came.
Well it's been more gradual as I basically been building up the support on my own. His inclusion is most definitely dependent on Geno's chances. If Boshi doesn't get in Ultimate, base or DLC, then I'll keep soldiering on :yoshi:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
I think if we got Boshi he is going to get Yoshi's brawl idle animation I don't think he will stand up like bowser and yoshi when they came to SSB4 and SSBU since Boshi never did stand up when he was in SMRPG he didn't appear in any new game after SMRPG

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I think if we got Boshi he is going to get Yoshi's brawl idle animation I don't think he will stand up like bowser and yoshi when they came to SSB4 and SSBU since Boshi never did stand up when he was in SMRPG he didn't appear in any new game after SMRPG
I could easily see them updating his stance to modern Yoshi standards. But if they do go about the hunched-over dinosaur model that you suggested, I hope they alter other aspects enough to compensate. Trust the longtime Yoshi main on this: the hunched over Yoshi was objectively worse due to the awkward hurtbox...

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
If Geno could help Boshi then I’ll start supporting Geno.

I could easily see them updating his stance to modern Yoshi standards. But if they do go about the hunched-over dinosaur model that you suggested, I hope they alter other aspects enough to compensate. Trust the longtime Yoshi main on this: the hunched over Yoshi was objectively worse due to the awkward hurtbox...
They might makes he’s idle stance with a little more aggressiveness in it

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
Really sorry to double post

I feel like Ganondorf says otherwise, even if they try to market him as his own "unique" fighter.
But Ganondorf isn’t an echo, and echos was not the concept back in melee.

So with the official name of echos, being 100% clones it’s probably safe to assume Ganondorf was a one time special deal back in melee

smash puffle

Smash Ace
So... We just got news that Yoshi will have a Crafted World costume. What does this mean for Boshi? Is he still a costume? Like a second costume just like how Mario has 2 special costumes, or his chances of being an echo fighter have increased?

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
So... We just got news that Yoshi will have a Crafted World costume. What does this mean for Boshi? Is he still a costume? Like a second costume just like how Mario has 2 special costumes, or his chances of being an echo fighter have increased?
I'm gonna go on a limb that his chances are still the same as it was after the August Direct (which is to say not a lot), but more than it was before. The alt costume idea is killed I think unless green Crafted Yoshi is the only color and there's more costume ideas they can put in...

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Whelp...

Sakurai confirmed that Echoes won't be DLC...

So unless by some miracle Boshi becomes a unique, the road ends here...

At least for Smash Ultimate. Maybe if I can keep the support going, the impossible can happen!!! :yoshi:

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
Um...

Excuse me?
That neutral special. That's what you tout as your proudest achievement. Everything else is of lesser importance to that, from the way you indicated it in your OP.

Sorry but I don't think that's a good enough reason to include him.

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
That neutral special. That's what you tout as your proudest achievement. Everything else is of lesser importance to that, from the way you indicated it in your OP.

Sorry but I don't think that's a good enough reason to include him.
That's on the moveset portion of the post, and I highlight it because it's the most distinct part of his that I came up with. You certainly ignored the rest of the post where I make it quite clear that Boshi is my most wanted due to how much of a wasted opportunity he was in SMRPG and that he could've been as Yoshi's evil counterpart. But no, just focused on that one part that may indicate some "nefarious motive." Everything is of lesser value according to you, even though I never implied that.

And as for why I came up with it, it was for 2 reasons. 1. to tie his character closer to Wario's and 2. to amplify his opposing personality from Yoshi's THROUGH his moveset. And besides, I would accept the idea of him being an Echo wholeheartedly (as you can tell, that post was made long before the knowledge of Echoes even though I tweaked it here and there) with no consideration to the moveset I came up with, as like I said, there are other reasons to why I want the Bad Yoshi in Smash

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
This post has been infracted. Please don’t go into character support threads only to bash the character/it’s supporters.
That's on the moveset portion of the post, and I highlight it because it's the most distinct part of his that I came up with. You certainly ignored the rest of the post where I make it quite clear that Boshi is my most wanted due to how much of a wasted opportunity he was in SMRPG and that he could've been as Yoshi's evil counterpart. But no, just focused on that one part that may indicate some "nefarious motive." Everything is of lesser value according to you, even though I never implied that.
Well, no, that's not true. You actually said it yourself, and I quote from your blurb about the Neutral Special:

In all honesty, I could ignore EVERY argument for Boshi's inclusion and just use this one point and I'd be happy.
You dismissed the importance of the rest of your moveset in your own post and said that this one vore/poop pandering move is the kicker.

Your ideas outside of that just make for a very unexceptional and boring echo of an already kinda boring character.

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Well, no, that's not true. You actually said it yourself, and I quote from your blurb about the Neutral Special:

You dismissed the importance of the rest of your moveset in your own post and said that this one vore/poop pandering move is the kicker.

Your ideas outside of that just make for a very unexceptional and boring echo of an already kinda boring character.
1. Calling it a "vore/poop pandering" move is a rather close-minded way of looking at it when you realize where the inspiration comes from and why it would fit for Boshi.

2. I worded things that way because it was more for how I would present the case for Boshi's inclusion rather than the reasons I personally want him (but since you decided to make a total stink out of it, I guess I was way off base for thinking that...)

3. Don't EVER call my boi boring!!! :yoshi:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So... you want him in to satisfy your vore/poop fetish.

Sorry, I'm not convinced.
I guess they call you psycho for a reason when you whip out that bullying fetish you got there. :239:

Do you have nothing better to do that isn't bashing a man, assuming what he likes in the sheets, and then making fun of something he wants in a game?

D

Deleted member

>"JDCabrera likes Mr.Fantastic, so he must have a fetish for things that expand!"
>"Crash sounds too close to Crack, so JDC must be addicted to that drug! He totally isn't denied by his medic to do so!"
>"Godzilla is huge, so JDC likes stretchy and long things!"
>"Samus is a girl! JDC must have a fetish for her!"

Do these sentences feel stupid or like desperate attempts to defend a weak argument? Because these claims against Zinnith are also stupid and unjustified.

D

Deleted member

>"JDCabrera likes Mr.Fantastic, so he must have a fetish for things that expand!"
>"Crash sounds too close to Crack, so JDC must be addicted to that drug! He totally isn't denied by his medic to do so!"
>"Godzilla is huge, so JDC likes stretchy and long things!"
>"Samus is a girl! JDC must have a fetish for her!"

Do these sentences feel stupid or like desperate attempts to defend a weak argument? Because these claims against Zinnith are also stupid and unjustified.
Thank you.
See, people? Don't jump to conclusions! Jeez...

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
Salutations from the Geno Thread, as a Yoshi Main I reaallly would love to see Boshi making it into the roster (As an Echoe please), I remember my old days playing Melee with Blue Yoshi thinking it was Boshi.
Man, What old times.

What do you guys think about Boshi as an Yoshi's Echo but with Bowser's Side-B?

D

Deleted member

That’s some sweet art.
I haven’t been to a his thread in like, three months. Why’d I get a notification?

D

Deleted member

Ah, thanks man. Congratulations on this support thread’s popularity too! :b:

Last edited by a moderator:

Yoshi_smash

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, a rather unorthodox inclusion to put it mildly. When it comes to insane "pie-in-the-sky" character speculations, no one (at least in the 1st party realm) comes close to Boshi. You sayin' this one-off character from Super Mario RPG--the same game that has freakin' GENO AND MALLOW--who barely made an impact besides being a run-of-the-mill Yoshi but with an attitude problem can make it into Smash?
I support Boshi for Smash. At the very least, Boshi could be an alternate of Yoshi (in the same way that the Koopalings are alternates of Bowser Jr.)

Top Bottom