• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Boshi Devours the Competition! WAIT! Don't go! Hear Me Out First

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I know the chances are slim even if Geno makes it in. But I promise you Zinith Zinith if Boshi makes it in with Geno in the Season Pass as a surprise bonus Echo Fighter for Yoshi, I will make Boshi one of my mains and I will become the best Boshi player in the world.

I'm not surpised Boshi isn't a spirit.
He probably will be if Geno get's in the Season Pass even though Geno is already a Spirit. There is nothing yet that says "Spirits deconfirm characters" as at this moment, it's only a stupid fan rule yet to be proven true.

Last edited:

ArchRanger

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't mind seeing Boshi make it in as an echo character. There's a few other characters I'd like to see make it in first but he would be a welcomed addition to go alongside Yoshi.

DeputyDalmatian

Smash Cadet
Holy Crap I had no idea this thread existed! This is fantastic, I would love any kind of Boshi representation in smash. Hell even a sticker at this point. If Geno finally comes true I’ll be tossing all my support here and to Klonoa :)

DeputyDalmatian

Smash Cadet
Hey Zinith Zinith with the Geno thread on lockdown what are your current thoughts of the lack of Game Awards announcement? Think we’ll hear soon about who FP5 is, and what kind of post pass content we’ll get? I’m still hoping post pass stuff could be upgrades or echoes, give our boy Boshi a shot too!

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Hey Zinith Zinith with the Geno thread on lockdown what are your current thoughts of the lack of Game Awards announcement? Think we’ll hear soon about who FP5 is, and what kind of post pass content we’ll get? I’m still hoping post pass stuff could be upgrades or echoes, give our boy Boshi a shot too!
No fighter announcement is one thing, but NO first party announcements? That's strange. My biggest hope is Year of Yoshi 2020 :yoshi:

DeputyDalmatian

Smash Cadet
No fighter announcement is one thing, but NO first party announcements? That's strange. My biggest hope is Year of Yoshi 2020 :yoshi:
I agree! We got the year of Luigi no reason not to have one for Mario’s longest friend. Personally, I think it would be cool to revisit the gameplay/style of Yoshi’s story. I loved the storybook aesthetic and the music in that game especially still finds its way into my head regularly

Geno Boost

Smash Master
alright its been a long time but so i will continue my idea about Boshi for fun
lets talk about the alt skins basically there many option we can choose for his alt for SMRPG references
1- Boshi default look

2/3/4-
color based on the original SMRPG Yoshi with red spike and shoes.
the yellow Yoshi with red spike and shoes.
the pink redish yoshi that has blue tounge in his original SMRPG sprite with blue spike and shoes.

5- color based on Czar Dragon i think lava texture would be interesting to use for this one

6- color based on Zombone

7- color based on Bahamutt

8- color based on Croco (adding the top hat and white gloves to this Boshi skin would be extra awesome reference to the fact that Croco became friend with Boshi at the end of SMRPG)

however thats not all lets talk about the kind of egg Boshi would use
the egg that Boshi would throw in his up special is Star Egg

it will function similar to Sephiroth neutral special

the egg will always spawn a single Starslap which is the stronger star to hit however the longer you charge up special the more Zeostar you will get to spin around the fighter, a fully charged up special would give 2 Zeostar and 1 Starslap however if it get thrown again charged it can increase the number of stars up to 5 stars just like Sephiroth
alright now about the 2nd egg Boshi will have is the mystery egg

in SMRPG its regarded as useless item but i think it will be interesting if it works the same way as Mr. Game & watch side special by giving a random status effect from 1 to 9 when it hits even thought the number are invisible but instead you will hear the different sound of each hit when you hit someone from it will have different attack sound from SMRPG and it would be better if its basically be the Light Egg Roll Yoshi custom move from SSB4 and not the same as what Yoshi is using now.

speaking of the custom moves Yoshi's custom neutral special Lick can be given to Boshi and a timed hit can be implemented into it Boshi doesnt need to lay eggs like Yoshi as we dont see him do that in SMRPG also the tounge can be angled which would be great for Boshi to have
lets talk now about the down special Boshi will basically spawn an item like Peach but it will be 4 kind of Bombs randomly you will get so lets start
Fire Bomb will be strong and deal a big damage

Fright bomb will be like Mario side special and it can cause reflect of a projectile when thrown and if it hits someone it will flip them to the other side

Ice bomb is basically like the freezie item it basically freeze someone who is thrown at

Sleep bomb will cause someone to sleep if hits someone even in the air

alright thats all what i have for now for moveset idea but lets talk about if Boshi will be given a stage then Mushroom Derby/Yo'ster isle would be great option for him with many background SMRPG characters appearing and most importantly the big Yoshi himself

and thats all the ideas i have for now i think i made Boshi into a clone rather than echo buts its cool to explore the idea

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
There is something that came to my mind regarding Boshi side special i think it can just be like Banjo's side B the only difference is the Feathers being replaced by Yoshi Cookies and he will be able to use it 5 times and it will be on his character icon.

The reason why i thought of this is because during racing Boshi in SMRPG using a Yoshi cookie gives you a boost it can be used few times only so it would make a lot of sense to reference this in Boshi's moveset despite being similar to Banjo's side special.

Top Bottom