• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Borrowed Advance Tech] Levin Landing

LordOmo

Smash Rookie
NNID
Shaun2Cool
[Disclaimer: I'm extremely inexperienced when it comes to making things like this, but I wanted to get the word out about this. If you have any suggestions on how to improve this 'guide,' please let me know.]

Notice the Bronze Sword changing into Levin Sword upon each landing.
Video Breakdown:
1st clip: Shows Levin Landing U-Air into shield.
2nd clip: Shows Levin Landing U-Air into fox trot.
3rd clip: Shows Levin Landing U-Air sword discard into shield.
Note: The first two clips were to simply show the non-existent end lag to Levin Landing. The Third clip is where the use comes in. You do not need to do any grounded action for the Levin Landing to work.​

Tech Name: Levin Landing (Borrowed from RosaLuma's Lunar Landing tech . See tutorial for more information.)

Explanation: Similar with Rosa's Lunar Landing, If you input an aerial close enough to the ground, the aerial will be canceled and you'll receive 0 landing lag, but the Levin Sword use will still be registered. This is only possible using Robin's Levin U-air and Levin F-air. You'll know when you do it correctly when Robin lands with the same animation he does when he lands from a full-hop. This becomes useful when Robin has only one use left for his Levin sword as it will be instantly discarded without any indication to the opponent, making a sudden hitbox without any animation what-so-ever. However, note that the levin sword will always be thrown behind Robin (starting slightly in front, but only hits if the opponent is almost literally overlapping you.)

Variations (possibly, needs more testing but i'm fairly positive): Levin Landing has possibly 2 slight variations when it comes to discarding the Levin Sword. The two variations have differing discard angels from what i can tell. However the timing for both is more or less the same so if you get one down, you probably get the other, too.

U-air Variation: This variation is, in my opinion, the better of the two, as u-air has a slightly larger autocancel window so it's a bit more forgiving if you mess up. Due to Tome Discard Manipulation, the u-air levin land discards the levin sword closer to robin, letting it ultimately land further behind robin (about 1 square distance on Omega Colosseum stage). This also allows the sword to immediately hit any opponent standing directly behind Robin.​

F-air Variation: This variation, while slightly stricter, has it's uses as well. While almost identical to the u-air variation, the levin sword is discarded slightly more in front of Robin, ultimately landing closer behind him than the u-air variation, as it lands almost directly behind him. This angel causes the sword to fly upwards and then fall on top of any opponent standing behind you, rather than immediately hitting them. You have to use your imagination as a Tactician to see a use out of this altered angel.​

Possible Uses: There are a few uses I can see this having.
1. Landing Option: This is the most practical use for it as you're able to land and throw out a completely lagless hitbox that will often surprise your opponent if they try to hit you. This is incredibly useful for those who try to cover your landing with a grab as they'll instead be hit by the Levin Sword. Since you have no landing lag from this, you can integrate other defensive options along with this instant hitbox, such as Roll or shield.

1b. Offensive Followups: if you manage to land the Discarded Levin Sword's hit on the opponent, you can follow this up with almost any of Robin's moves as he has no landing lag to this. How ever, as you lose your levin sword with this, smashes and aerials are more or less useless. My personal favorite follow ups are turnaround grab / dash grab and Nosferatu at low percents and using arcfire at higher percents. Follow ups for this is highly unexplored so if you learn any reliable follow ups let me know.

2. Levin Sword Durability Burning: While probably being a use not many will have, it's still useful as you can get rid of your final uses of levin sword without worry of being punished and be on your way to a fresh one.​

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Nice little tech guide you have here, I mean it's a bit verbose for a relatively simple concept, but hey, it's always better to over-explain something than under-explain it. Robin has a lot of "little techs" like these, and I'm always glad when we get fresh content here on the Robin boards. I think this is something I've thought about in the past but never very hard, but now seeing it in plain text I think it will be pretty easy to incorporate it into my gameplay. No suggestions I can really give you, but thanks for putting in the effort~ :colorful:

Top Bottom