• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Boot.elf error

justincando

Smash Rookie
Hello, so I decided to try out project m for my brawl game and every time I try to put the files on my sd card that is 2GB while installing the computer prompts an error. The error tells me that some of boot.elf's properties are not able to be moved what would you like to do with them. First time I just pressed continue and it finished downloading the rest of the file and moved it to my wii. I boot up my smash game and go into stage select the screen does it's thing where it tells me the hex values then goes to code dump error with a load beep noise and does not continue i try this process 3 more times all to the same problem. I then take my sd card to my computer then try different version of it and still it does not work. so finally as a last effort i reformat and still the same problem occurs. thank you for helping for any future posts i really appreciate it.

MaxThunder

PM Support
have you tried redownloading?.. sounds like your boot.elf got corrupted or something when you downloaded it the first time...

justincando

Smash Rookie
Thank you for the advice but I have tried different downloads of it and I have tried re downloading it and so I have also tried downloading gecko os and stealing the boot.elf from there as well and still to my dismay it does not work.

MaxThunder

PM Support
it actually does sometimes... and other than that i have no idea why it won't let you put those on the card...
the boot.elf is the actual app you're trying to load through stage builder, so not being able to put thme on the card means you can't play PM...

justincando

Smash Rookie
Does it matter that I once had home brew on the sd card but I did uninstall it and everything else from my sd card before putting the information on there? So it was a blank sd card before I tried.

MaxThunder

PM Support
that wouldn't matter, no... actually it makes the problem weirder as whatever homebrew apps you had on there also had boot.elf files...

justincando

Smash Rookie
I think I may have figured out the problem when I formatted my sd card it changed to be a FAT property but the files it can not accept are ADS but to fix it I formatted the sd card to be NTSF which can take in the ADS properties i hope this may help for any one that has this problem in the future. Thank you for the help MaxThunder

justincando

Smash Rookie
i was not right there disregard please and if you have the same problem as I did go here nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/220/~/how-to-format-an-sd-card

Top Bottom