• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Boosted Aerial Up B - Increase your horizontal distance by an inch.

PHYTO-1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHYTO-1
Using your Up B out of an aerial, airdodge or even counter in rare cases, will give your Up B the added boost forward that it normally sees when used on the ground. You can buffer it out of getting footstooled- so don't waste frames on a nair*.

Test it out yourself- jump then up-b vs jump then nair to up-b. you'll see the difference.

So just nair to Up B and youll get a slightly better recovery every time! yay

Note: not too sure how this works but the game seems to check if mac has done any actions while airborne- if he has then he gets a boost.
What actions give him a boost?
- Aerials (includes neutral b and counter)
- bumping your head against the ceiling
- getting footstooled
- getting knockback
- item throw**
- airdodge**

IMPORTANT:
*Using a jump- be it double jump, footstool, walljump (/tech) will reset the game's "action check" (see above list) and you will need to perform a proper action to get the boost again.
*Buffering Up-B out of an airdodge or item throw will not give the boost- you must wait past the buffer window

Also- useful for killing with Up B! get a surprise kill with the slight boost.
Ex: you get juggled near the ceiling but opponent fails to connect their attack- you can try to pop them with boosted up b.

hopefully this raw replay can make it clear as to what im saying

Last edited:

SuperBottle

Smash Cadet
NNID
El Toro
3DS FC
4356-0343-9127
Seems to work with side b too by the tiniest margin.
https://youtu.be/d_6Pf7pJpSQ

However doing a reverse up is hindered accordingly but seeing as how this is for recovery it will most likely always be used going forward and not reversed.

Last edited:

PHYTO-1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHYTO-1
Seems to work with side b too by the tiniest margin.
https://youtu.be/d_6Pf7pJpSQ

However doing a reverse up is hindered accordingly but seeing as how this is for recovery it will most likely always be used going forward and not reversed.
hmm i could never tell if i was going further or not-i didnt want to post it without a good video to prove it. but i came up with a set up to show it. thanks for helping! changing the meta one inch at a time.

in the video i do regular non boosted side b and i grab the ledge . (3 times)

-then i finally do boosted side b and it puts me past the auto-grab window to which I then die

also- you can do dtilt > FH fair > up b or (platform shark) FH fair > up B. doesnt work as a kill confirm unless you do it on the top of BF or dreamland. just for damage

Top Bottom