• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Boost Grab

NotSym

Smash Rookie
What are some of your opinions on sheiks boost grab? How useful is it?

cisyphus

Smash Ace
7-8 for Peach
8-9 for Lucario, Metaknight, Ness, Charizard, Squirtle, Sheik, and Icies
9-10 for Marth, Mewtwo, Pikachu, Rob, Roy, and Dedede
10-12 for Diddy, DK, G&W, and Zelda
10-11 for Kirby, Pit, Jigglypuff, Sonic, and Wario
11-25 for Olimar
11-22 for Yoshi
11-13 for Ike
11-12 for Falcon, Falco, Fox, Ganon, Snake, Luigi, and Wolf
12-19 for Link and Toon Link
12-14 for Ivysaur
12-13 for Bowser, Mario, and ZSS
15-23 for Lucas
17-30 for Samus
Sheik has the second fastest dash grab in the game (frame 8-9, tied with a lot and only slower than Peach's) as well as a huge distance gain from the dash attack cancel. You basically go the distance of a JC grab when you Dash attack cancel, and THEN go another JC grab distance to boost grab. On top of that, dash grab's hitboxes cover both in front of and behind Sheik. Also, pivot grabs can be dash attack cancelled, meaning you get all of that momentum on top of a pivot grab—great for crossups on shield to mixup throw DI.

So it's really really really good.

Last edited:

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
@ cisyphus cisyphus

I don't understand what you mean by dash attack cancel.

I know the following grab types.

Standing Grab
Dash Grab
Pivot Grab
Dash Pivot Grab
Jump-Cancelled Grab (in which you dash, and you cancel the dash with a jump, and immediately cancel the jump with a standing grab)
Boost Grab (in which you dash attack, but immediately cancel the dash attack with a grab and you get a small distance boost from the dash attack into a dash grab)

cisyphus

Smash Ace
@ cisyphus cisyphus

I don't understand what you mean by dash attack cancel.

I know the following grab types.

Standing Grab
Dash Grab
Pivot Grab
Dash Pivot Grab
Jump-Cancelled Grab (in which you dash, and you cancel the dash with a jump, and immediately cancel the jump with a standing grab)
Boost Grab (in which you dash attack, but immediately cancel the dash attack with a grab and you get a small distance boost from the dash attack into a dash grab)
Reread your list and I think you'll see.

Top Bottom