• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

boomerang shine spike? or J-Shine Spike

pinoyfox

Smash Cadet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yk9xKVsegWE

its official at 3:48 you see falco throw his Shine and it hits Pit and he is knocked back.. as i reviewed it many times.... so what does that mean? You can shine spike him by throwing your shine at the person ....it doesnt stun them like Foxes shine where it electrocutes you but it knocks you back a lil so... if u can continuously do this to edgegaurd or maybe in a combo maybe you can throw it up and knock them upward instead? it might work it also comes back like a Links boomerang as you can see in 6:20 where he throws his shine and the shine follows Falco when it comes back when Falco is falling... Theres a new way of shinning then This could be called the J-Shine Spike or boomerang Shine Spike... ill figure a name later I must test this out if it works ill update on this discovery with a video if i can make one

Black/Light

Smash Master
Ok, seeing as you are looking soo deep into this could you tell me what Falco does at 4:58 to Ike?

And do you have the game?

wiito

Smash Apprentice
looks like he hits ike with his head... and at 4:27 you can completely see how the shine hits pit out of the stage and knocks him back and then cant explain what pit does but finish dead xD

Bakemonky

Smash Apprentice
Have we seen any vids of the reflector being thrown, hitting someone, and SPIKING them? I honestly don't think that the reflector will spike anymore. I imagine it will knock the opponent away and possibly upwards a little. I mean, a spike that you could safely do from the edge? That kind of edge guarding is not just cheap, its n00btacular.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
The knockback seemed terribly weak for the shine at 3:48. It seems like you'd need to shine them a few times to finish them off. It might be good for stealing jumps though.

Zero_P

Smash Ace
*clap clap* Hey sakurai, this is great. Edgeguard away from the edge? Isn't this something to behold, I apologize for me saying you're a lazy old man that doesn't have enough balls to give falco a unique FS. Falco has never even used a landmaster in his games, AND he's an "Ace Pilot" arwing? anyways yay allow me to show you my ranged shinespike

Ok, seeing as you are looking soo deep into this could you tell me what Falco does at 4:58 to Ike?

And do you have the game?
By the looks of it, a very quick grab to foward throw or a shine...maybe he grabbed an item right before he hit him...wtf is that...:ohwell::laugh:

Dais

Smash Cadet
Doubt it will spike. At Least Falco has Something Different going for him. Also, He's got a different looking N-Air (maybe its Forward-Air) And his Rapid Kicks from melee is ..... different looking! It looks bad as hell! Hopefully his Shine-throw thingy is helpful, we'll all be kinda mad if the reflector is replaced by some move that sucks. I'm glad its different but I still want it to be a good move. Here is a Vid of someone Unlocking Falco in 100 Man Brawl. If you can sit threw watching this guy sh*t up the screen with Yoshi he fights Falco at the very end, so you can watch for Falco's new moves. I don't believe he ever lands the shine-throw unfortunatly. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cR8RjKN3OaA

pyroroth

Smash Journeyman
Doubt it will spike. At Least Falco has Something Different going for him. Also, He's got a different looking N-Air (maybe its Forward-Air) And his Rapid Kicks from melee is ..... different looking! It looks bad as hell! Hopefully his Shine-throw thingy is helpful, we'll all be kinda mad if the reflector is replaced by some move that sucks. I'm glad its different but I still want it to be a good move. Here is a Vid of someone Unlocking Falco in 100 Man Brawl. If you can sit threw watching this guy sh*t up the screen with Yoshi he fights Falco at the very end, so you can watch for Falco's new moves. I don't believe he ever lands the shine-throw unfortunatly. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cR8RjKN3OaA
His rapid kicks aren't kicks at all anymore =O. I believe they're his arms/wings?

D.Q

Smash Apprentice
I have a great idea!

Let's never use the name 'J-shine' again.

For anything.
i agree
this name is stupid
i mean, it's not even a new technique
people have been shine stalling ever since ssb64
it's more like the physics of the shine rather than a technique
even jump-shine sound better

True Fool

Smash Ace
*clap clap* Hey sakurai, this is great. Edgeguard away from the edge? Isn't this something to behold, I apologize for me saying you're a lazy old man that doesn't have enough balls to give falco a unique FS. Falco has never even used a landmaster in his games, AND he's an "Ace Pilot" arwing? anyways yay allow me to show you my ranged shinespike

By the looks of it, a very quick grab to foward throw or a shine...maybe he grabbed an item right before he hit him...wtf is that...:ohwell::laugh:
Jeez, b*tch much? It doesn't look like it spikes, and I haven't seen him throw it out consecutively like Link's boomerang. Look into something before you complain about it.

...Who really cares about his FS anyway. Everyone says it as though a cloned Falco with a different FS would be a good thing. His FS can be cloned for all I care, I'm just happy his moveset changed and his pillar was eliminated.

Justaway

Smash Apprentice
Pyr0, that link doesn't work for me. Is there a youtube version??

edit: never mind, it works now.. stupid internet, it hates me -_-

Titan05

Smash Journeyman

If I recall, Sheik's chain could "edge guard" away from the edge. It doesn't mean it was useful.
As for the FS. Yeah... He could have done a better job but, I wouldn't be THAT harsh.

Top Bottom