• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Book of [MU]dora Index.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515

This thread is meant to serve only as an index, a portal into the actual threads where each individual MU is being discussed, both from Link’s perspective and from his opponents’. Do no talk about actual MU here; just click on the Link into each respective thread and post there.

This thread is a continuous work in progress since there are many MUs which still haven’t been discussed. If one of the links below doesn't work it’s because that thread doesn't exist yet. If you have a question or want to talk about that thread, and it’s not listed here, feel free to create it. If you stumble on any thread not listed here, please post the address either on this thread or PM me and I’ll edit it into the list.

Let’s work and show the community what Link is truly capable this time around. Do work Link mains.

General MU discussion thread on the Link boards.

* Most of these threads actually redirect to a general MU thread, not a Link specific one. Some boards, while they do have a MU thread, still haven't discussed Link's MU.

Last edited by a moderator:

CostLow

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2509-2293-9367
I'm going to try and find some more MUs for you but it looks like the only one for Bowser is actually in a DHD discussion. Basically, they say Bowser sucks against characters that have good projectile spamming. Their response is to get close enough that when they roll they will be up in your face and to get you in the air. Bowser players expect us to be weak in the air, so make sure you have your aerial game in check if you want to keep him at a distance. Dominate the air and he'll have to stick to the ground (which may be even worse for him). I don't know if the Hylian shield can block his fire breath, but if someone else can verify that for me I'd really appreciate it. :)

I'm not going to lie. I don't think people are going to be posting many MU requests for Link any time soon. Almost everyone that I see with a general MU thread asks about dealing with campers, and they never mention Link (though they do mention Tink). Even with his boosts people aren't worried about him right now. Do you think that's because Link is still a lower tier character or just not enough people playing him now that the demo is past?

Last edited:

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
Premium
BRoomer
Yeah, it takes time. Eventually, every conceivable combination of X vs Y thread will exist. For now, it's our job to play Link so much that they get frustrated and make threads to discuss it. XD

FSK

Smash Ace
I don't think Link is a low tier character anymore. One of the reasons they do not talk about Link is because he's been pretty bad in all the smash games so far that people are used to sleeping on him. Expect people to take Link more seriously in the following months after the Wii U version hits.

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
I don't think Link is a low tier character anymore. One of the reasons they do not talk about Link is because he's been pretty bad in all the smash games so far that people are used to sleeping on him. Expect people to take Link more seriously in the following months after the Wii U version hits.
I'm seconding this.

In the past game Link was low tier. Although I enjoyed using Link for his character, his abilities were never really that great... and everyone knew that. Therefore, nobody played Link in Brawl. That's a key factor in why nobody plays Link in Smash 4.

Since nobody really plays Link, nobody knows what kind of damage Link is really capable of... hopefully it stays that way passed the Wii U version. I look forward to surprising a lot of people

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
I've seen a lot of MU threads that talk about "riding the wind" from the boomerang, thinking that it catches Link off-guard and totally vulnerable.
Suckers. They don't that that's what we WANT them to do. It's the complete opposite. :seuss:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Anyone know any potential hard-counters to that damn elf? I'm ashamed to say that I've never even beaten one Link player. I'm sick of being killed at 50% or lower.

TheBuzzSaw

Premium
BRoomer
Anyone know any potential hard-counters to that damn elf? I'm ashamed to say that I've never even beaten one Link player. I'm sick of being killed at 50% or lower.
I recommend you post in the relevant matchup thread.

Do you play as any particular character?

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I recommend you post in the relevant matchup thread.

Do you play as any particular character?
:4yoshi: / :4gaw:, usually. Link is the only character that I have trouble this consistently against.

I tried :4palutena: as a counter, but her defense doesn't work against him like it does against Mega Man.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
Along with the table of indexed character MU's, do you think you can post ratios next to them regarding who's favor it's in?

Also, I'm surprised no one has mentioned Keitaro, who surprisingly mains Link. I feel that alone might get him places.

LightLelouch89

Smash Cadet
:4yoshi: / :4gaw:, usually. Link is the only character that I have trouble this consistently against.

I tried :4palutena: as a counter, but her defense doesn't work against him like it does against Mega Man.
Give up. Link is invincible! hahahaha.

:rosalina:. I ran up against some downright amazing Rosalina players recently Against someone who really knows what they are doing (which fortunately, isn't the case 90% of the time in FG), it's a fight for your life for any Link main. I've gotten pretty good against her, but it's a serious chore when you're up against the right person and you cannot afford to make ANY mistakes as Link. One wrong move and the match is as good as done.

I've only ran into one really amazing :4palutena:player. She has potential, but the reflector is useless against a :4link: who isn't predictable.

So yeah, I recommend getting good with :rosalina: if you hope to really make :4link: struggle. Most people around here agree that's she's more or less anti-Link repellent. With everyone else, if skill isn't a large factor and the other player is creative (i.e. doesn't just sit there and spam arrows), Link is godtier.:awesome:

Last edited:

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Along with the table of indexed character MU's, do you think you can post ratios next to them regarding who's favor it's in?

Also, I'm surprised no one has mentioned Keitaro, who surprisingly mains Link. I feel that alone might get him places.
I got in on a stream with NAKAT and Keitaro. Sadly, I didn't get to face him, but I did face NAKAT's Tink, who wasn't half-bad IMO.

Anyway, I haven't heard much from the Jiggs MU. From my viewpoint, I think it's 60/40 in Link's favor. I've won against many Jiggs in online tournaments, but I've lost to a couple, mainly due to getting a bit too reckless on the last stock. If you camp Jiggs hard, there's nothing she can do against your projectiles. She's vulnerable in the air, so if you bait an air dodge or an aerial, you can punish it. Also, whiffed Rest=Automatic KO. She's extremely light, so take advantage of that. As long as u play the MU safely, Jigglypuff isn't much of a hassle at all.

CostLow

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2509-2293-9367
http://smashboards.com/threads/mast...ressions-matchup-thread.369356/#post-17705146

This is the beginning of the Greninja MU discussion. They bring him up a lot in the first 3 pages of their MU discussions. Mostly, greninja players fear campy players and are often overwhelmed by Link mains at first. What they try to do to get around that is shuriken spam. The shuriken is faster than any one of our projectiles, so I'd imagine that the bomb-cancel will be very aggravating in this MU for greninja. Basically, anything to make his shurikens weaker. Also, they expect to gimp us and launch us in the air ASAP. So, quick falls, bomb drops, and the likes will probably be quite useful here. I don't have a lot of experience against good Greninjas but I assume that most of these tactics will help. Seems like this MU is actually in our favor right now.

LightLelouch89

Smash Cadet
http://smashboards.com/threads/mast...ressions-matchup-thread.369356/#post-17705146

This is the beginning of the Greninja MU discussion. They bring him up a lot in the first 3 pages of their MU discussions. Mostly, greninja players fear campy players and are often overwhelmed by Link mains at first. What they try to do to get around that is shuriken spam. The shuriken is faster than any one of our projectiles, so I'd imagine that the bomb-cancel will be very aggravating in this MU for greninja. Basically, anything to make his shurikens weaker. Also, they expect to gimp us and launch us in the air ASAP. So, quick falls, bomb drops, and the likes will probably be quite useful here. I don't have a lot of experience against good Greninjas but I assume that most of these tactics will help. Seems like this MU is actually in our favor right now.
I concur. Greninja's shuriken spam is useless since the range doesn't compare to Link's arrows or his ability to toss cancel after firing an arrow. His Dair is extremely baitable and has won Link a multitude of matches. This Ryu Hayabusa knockoff is nothing to the elf with the green tunic!

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Made a Jigglypuff MU thread since I haven't seen any on the character boards: http://smashboards.com/threads/mu-link-vs-jigglypuff.376700/
The way things are looking for Jiggs are pretty bleak. This is the only MU I think will get WORSE for her once the WiiU version comes out with (hopefully) new ATs for Link. Man, do I feel good about picking Link as my main 6 years ago... :grin:

TheBuzzSaw

Premium
BRoomer

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Hey Link boards. We begin discussion today on the Lucina boards on the match-up against Link. We would appreciate any input you can bring to the discussion!
Thread

Last edited:

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
^Help each other learn how to beat each other?
image.jpg

But in all seriousness, I'm excited to see what groundbreaking stuff you guys are developing with Lucina.

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
For MU ratios, I always measure in 10s and not in 5s, so it might seem a bit off. Then again, this is just purely speculation.
Vs.:4lucina:- 70/40
Vs.:4jigglypuff:-60/40
Vs.:4ness:-50/50
Vs.:4littlemac:-90/10
Vs.:4myfriends:- OVER 9000/1. :p

This is just from prior experience. I've debated whether or not to rate the Ness MU 40/60 unfavorable for Link. I've recently developed my Link meta, and it seems to be very affective against him since I can easily punish PK fire now, which is why I decided to make the MU even. See it here: http://smashboards.com/threads/vide...g-new-member-vids.369394/page-3#post-17964159

Last edited:

FEaR.7

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FEaR.7
Eventually we should start putting up the ratio's of the matchups. Even just a speculation wouldn't hurt.
Agree. So far this is my take on some, even if it's too soon:

Link/Peach: 5/5 or slightly in peach's favor
Link/Ganondorf: 6/4
Link/Ike: 6/4
Link/Little Mac: 5/5
Link/DiddyKong: 4/6
Link/Sonic: 3.5/6.5
Link/KingDDD: 5.5/4.5
Link/ROB: 5/5
Link/Marth: 5/5 or slightly in Marth's favor
Link/Rosalina: 3.5/6.5
Link/Villager: 5/5

Haven't played a decent Sheik to have an opinion there.

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
I think it's too soon to put a ratio on Sheik because she's with-holding a lot of potential due to 3ds limitations. And by a lot of potential, I mean DACUS. That will screw Link over for sure. W/o it, it takes a really long time to KO Link. I've faced really good Sheik players, but it seems that they all have trouble KO'ing him. Many of my matches have ended with me at over 180+% at 2 or 1 stock.

Last edited:

CostLow

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2509-2293-9367
Well, that means that most of our "here" threads could be advertised on the other boards so that we could potentially get those "there" threads as well.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Well, that means that most of our "here" threads could be advertised on the other boards so that we could potentially get those "there" threads as well.
Not a bad idea actually. It'd be good if the person that goes to their boards advertises our threads. The new MU index thread should be live this afternoon/evening. I have a question though, so vote please. Should this thread be locked once I finish revamping it? I vote for yes, so it's only an index and no discussions take place here. What do you guys say?

CostLow

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2509-2293-9367
I vote yes as long as this thread instructs people on how to get updates made to the OT.

Vidiot825

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0275-8558-7913
Hey guys, is there a lucario mu thread yet? I'm having a bit of trouble trying to "kill him off quickly," as people keep putting any lucario match up. To me it seems like because link is a character that racks up massive damage before a kill half the time that he's put at a disadvantage going for the actual close up finishing hit against a great melee character like lucario.

If this is the wrong place to post, sorry!

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Hey guys, is there a lucario mu thread yet? I'm having a bit of trouble trying to "kill him off quickly," as people keep putting any lucario match up. To me it seems like because link is a character that racks up massive damage before a kill half the time that he's put at a disadvantage going for the actual close up finishing hit against a great melee character like lucario.

If this is the wrong place to post, sorry!
Don't worry, this is still the right place to post since the MU index isn't finished yet. I don't think there's a Lucario thread. If there isn't you're welcome to creating one that starts with the tag [MU]. Also make sure there isn't one by reading the titles of the threads and using the search bar. If there isn't, go ahead and create one.

Updated OP. Help me keep it updated. If there's no Link to the MU thread you're looking for here it's because we still don't have one.

@ Scabe Scabe , could you edit the title of this Thread (since I can't edit titles) to "Book of MUdora Index"

Last edited:
Top Bottom