• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bonfire Lit - Chosen Undead for Smash!

Would you like to see the Chosen Undead in Smash Bros?

• Yes!

Votes: 28 46.7%
  • No...

Votes: 7 11.7%
  • PRAISE THE SUN!

Votes: 25 41.7%

• Total voters

GolisoPower

Smash Master
The Chosen Undead

Who is the Chosen Undead?
The Chosen Undead is the protagonist of the From Software video game Dark Souls. In the game, the Chosen Undead was prophesied to bring an end to the Age of Fire, a Golden Age that would become prolonged by Lord Gwyn, one of the three gods that began this era, and give birth to Undeads and the Hollow.

Why should he be playable?
With the announcement of Dark Souls Remastered coming to the Nintendo Switch, it would make sense for Chosen Undead to make it in. Not to mention, Dark Souls has a massive impact on the gaming industry by sparking the beginning of “Souls-like” games, a kind of genre where the games are unforgivingly difficult. Not to mention, the last Smash Bros has two Capcom representatives with Mega Man and Ryu while Sega has Sonic and Bayonetta. As Dark Souls is published by Bandai Namco, the same team who helped work on Smash 4, this puts the Chosen Undead up as a potential second Namco rep alongside Tekken’s Heihachi, Tales of Symphonia’s Lloyd Irving and Xenosaga’s KOS-MOS.

What would make him different from the rest of the cast?
The Chosen Undead has loads of weapons and magic, as well as parries and the occasional dodge roll and restorative items. Similar to Smash 4’s Robin and Corrin, as well as Dovahkiin, The Chosen Undead is created by the player to play how they wish. If you take a look at all the different builds across all the different gameplays, you can see that he has a lot to work with.

How would he play?
I personally imagine the Chosen Undead to play a lot like Akuma from Street Fighter: highly evasive and hard-hitting, but frail and has very few defensive options, with parry being a sort of damage nullifying counter. But like I said, the Chosen Undead is a player-generated character, so it would be up to the devs as to how he would play should he get in.

—————————————————————

If you wish to see this guy in Smash Bros, show your support so that if the Chosen Undead is announced, we shall engage in jolly cooperation!

Note: This is my first time making a thread, so any constructive criticism would be appreciated!

Fellow Sun Praisers:
Geassguy Geassguy ,
Graizen Graizen , Schnee117 Schnee117 , Zeox Zeox , Geassguy Geassguy , MrElectroG64 MrElectroG64 , WertQuadNine WertQuadNine , M MarioRaccoon

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
\[T]/ JUST PRAISE \[T]/

Just give an Anor Londo stage, a GiantDad alt and the Final Smash being Jolly Co-operation with Solaire.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I had this random thought the other day of a Dark Souls character being added to Smash Bros along with Pious Augustus from Eternal Darkness as an assist trophy...

and the "Congratulations" montage would include the Dark Souls character facing off against Pious Augustus. (I mean that seems like the kind of thing that would appear in one of those montages, I could even hear the music to go along with it)

I don't know a huge amount about this series, but I'm interested in trying out that network test.

Accursed

Smash Journeyman
A Dark Souls character would be great. I'll see if I can come up with a unique moveset that everyone'll enjoy.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
A Dark Souls character would be great. I'll see if I can come up with a unique moveset that everyone'll enjoy.
I look forward to it! :)

You know, now that I think about it, I've thought of an idea for parrying: make the normals so there are certain frames where a parry is successful, similar to the deflect frames you generally see with Tusk from Killer Instinct.

StingHobbes

Smash Rookie
I spent a couple hours creating a moveset for the Chosen Undead, and it's awesome that a thread was already made for this character. I also included some stage/item ideas, but the character is the bulk of it. It's pretty long, so prepare to read.

The Chosen Undead is a high risk, high reward character, and you'll see that mentioned frequently. He has medium combo potential, but he's played best when you're using calculated, patient attacks. He has lots of end lag on lots of attacks, but most of them have some crazy mechanics if you land them. Read your opponents' moves and punish effectively!
I tried making him sound like he came right out of the Dark Souls game, so patient play is rewarded. One of the most fun things to do in Dark Souls is play with lots of different weapon builds, so I tried to include a lot of weapon types within the character. He primarily uses a straight sword, but greatswords, spears, crossbows, axes, miracles, pyromancies, and sorcery also come into play. He has a pretty awful recovery, so getting him offstage would be your best bet. Another strategy is to bait out his very laggy moves, and punish accordingly. I put thought into nearly every aspect of this character, including sleeping animations, victory poses, etc.

Grounded Attacks
Jab
: 3 sword swings.

Forward Tilt: Shield Break Kick, can cause player to trip.

Down Tilt: Kneeling, Jutting out stab attack.

Up Tilt: Sword Swing in an arc motion.

Dash Attack: Uses a spear, very long range.

Aerial Attacks
N-Air
: Two slashes, one left, one right.

F-Air: Shield Bash (akin to Palutena's B-air), high knockback.

B-Air: Crossbow Shot, similar to Villager's F-air and B-air, but can't be spammed as fast.

Up-Air: Straight stab motion upwards, low knockback.

Down-Air: Plunge Attack, extremely high knockback, works similar to how it does in the Dark Souls games, high landing lag, spikes.

Smash Attacks
Forward Smash
: Greatsword Swing, slow, but high knockback.

Up Smash: Black Knight Greataxe Two-Hand R2, does chip damage at the start when dragged on the ground (near the feet), then does a huge circular motion (akin to King Dedede's).

Down Smash: Wrath of the Gods, a miracle that creates a shockwave around the character, more powerful near the base, low knockback if hit at the top.

Special Attacks
Neutral B
: Pyromancy. The more you hold the button in, the better the pyromancy is. The weakest to strongest pyromancies would be Fireball > Fire Orb > Chaos Bed Vestiges. This move would act similar to Greninjas, as you can't store the projectile, but it has a slight downwards arc. If the projectile hits, it does huge knockback.

Side B: Parry/Backstab. If the enemy is facing you, your character will do a parry with their shield (counter). If the enemy attacks you during certain frames of the parry animation, you then get to do a high damaging visceral attack, but there's no knockback. The enemy then collapses, (similar to Ryu's Down-B) which can lead into some combo potential. This also reflects projectiles.

If the enemy is turned away from you, and you're shoulder-length apart, your character will do a backstab instead of a parry, which does the same effect as the visceral attack after a parry. If you're too far away though, it'll work like a normal sword stab and you won't get the collapse animation.

Both attacks need to be timed well, and if you fail, there's lots of ending lag. If used in the air, it's just a high knockback backstab, no collapse animation.

Down B: Etsus Chug. An extremely high risk, high reward healing move. Etsus is basically Sunny D that heals you in the actual game. It's not able to be used in the air. You have limited etsus, but each drink heals 50%, so it's extremely valuable. The amount of etsus you have is determined by how many stocks you have or how long you play your match. For example, if you're playing a 3 stock match or a 2:00 time match, you'll have 3 Etsus for that match. If you play with 99 stocks, you'll have 30 or so etsus chugs. Drinking etsus is very slow, like the games, and if the animation is interrupted, you lose the etsus and heal no percentage. Once your etsus is depleted for the match, your character will shrug when trying to use it.

Up B: Gargoyle Lift, similar to Duck Hunt's Recovery, a gargoyle lifts up the Chosen Undead (like how they do in Anor Londo in DS1 and Undead Settlement in DS3). The wings that flap do very minimal damage, it's not the best vertical recovery, and it doesn't last very long.

Grab, Pummel, and Throws
Grab
: Dark Hand, a unique magic/fist weapon that allows you to grab your opponent.

Down Throw: Lifedrain, a move similar to Snake's down throw that inflicts damage upon the opponent, and heals around 5% for the Chosen Undead. Abusing this throw results in less and less healing.

Up Throw: Simple upward throw, sword slash combo.

Forward Throw: Simple throw forward, sword slash combo.

Back Throw: Homing Soulmass, big throw behind character, then 3-5 magic balls fly towards the player (akin to Fox, Falco, and Mewtwo's throws).

Pummel: Simple sword swing

Roll
The Chosen Undead's roll is like any other character's, but has just few extra invincibility frames. If you spam it, though, you eventually have less invincibility frames than usual due to "losing stamina".

Passive Abilities
Passive Ability:
Embered Up. An ability that rewards skill and calculated play. After knocking a player into the blast zones, The Chosen Undead becomes embered, like how they do after defeating a boss in DS3. This ability boosts your defense SLIGHTLY, reducing the amount of damage you take. It's nothing incredibly overpowered, it's similar to Lucario's aura or Cloud's Limit Break buffs, just with defense boosts. Once the opponent takes a stock from you, you lose the buff until you take a stock off them again. It also creates a cool, embered look on your character's armor.

Passive Ability: Shield, works exactly like Link or Toon Link's shield.

Cosmetic Passive Ability: Going Hollow. After losing a stock, your character takes the appearance of a hollow and the voice clips sound more monstrous.

Unique Death Sound: When losing a stock, the "You Died" soundclip from the DS games plays.

Taunts
Gestures are a fun little mechanic in Dark Souls, and they'd make great taunts.

Up Taunt: Praise the Sun! (This HAS to be a gesture.)

Side Taunt: Well, what is it? (Fan favorite gesture. The legend never dies.)

Down Taunt: Point Down. (Extremely disrespectful. Should only be used in rare circumstances.)

Honestly, there's a lot of gestures from the Dark Souls games that would work. I'd like Bow to be a gesture, hopefully 4 taunts could be a thing.

Special Animations

Sleeping Animation:
The Sleep gesture (DS3)

Shield Break Animation: Similar to any other character, not many gestures that relate to this one.

When knocked down: Stretch Out Gesture

When on the edge: The Chosen Undead waves his arms around in circles slightly cartoonishly.

Entering the Match: Gets summoned in by a summon sign.

Victory Screen Poses
Bonfire Rest: Chosen Undead resting at bonfire

Invader Banished: Character is doing the Jump for Joy gesture with the words "invader banished" covering the screen (but not result stats).

Bow: Character does the Bow gesture

If The Chosen Undead loses: They do the Applause gesture

Victory Theme: Not sure what they could do for this. Perhaps an uplifting remix of Firelink Shrine? Maybe the riff that plays when you enter Anor Londo?

Final Smash
Darkeater Midir: Midir (dragon) flies down and shoots the stage with his Godzilla beam and/or fire. The beam stuns the players, and then shortly explodes and does incredible knockback. This final smash could literally pertain to any boss, but I really like Midir.

Costumes/Skins

Default Costume: Elite Knight Set

Catarina Set (Siegward)

Armor of the Sun Set (Solaire, this is a must)

Faraam Set (DS2 Armor)

Firelink Set (DS3 Armor)

Havel's Set (Fan Favorite)

Xanthous Set (For magic users)

Deprived costume (No armor, best way to play)

I'd love more costumes, as there's a ton of iconic armor sets from the game, but I tried picking the 8 most recognizable ones. Hopefully someone will mod in Giant Dad.

Dark Souls Stage
Anor Londo

Anor Londo is a fan favorite area in Dark Souls 1 that features a giant castle and a large elevator. The arena takes place a fair distance away from the castle, giving you a breathtaking view. On very rare occasions, Anor Londo appears very dark and has a more blue palette (This is basically what the real Anor Londo looks like, the sun and brightness is just an illusion in the game).The stage itself is a simple courtyard with no walkoffs and a couple of symmetrical platforms raised up by non-interactable pillars. You can't go under the stage. Black Iron Tarkus and other NPCs from the Dark Souls games can be spotted. The elevator in the background also goes up and down occasionally, and enemies can be spotted patrolling the castle. Two certain boss enemies actually show up to interupt the battle...

Boss
Ornstein and Smough

Occasionally, Ornstein and Smough show up, and they'll both give you quite the beating. It's possible to beat them, and beating them once will cause them to go away for the rest of the match. If you don't beat them, they eventually leave, but come back later. Unfortunately this means the stage isn't legal, unless a stage hazard toggle is implemented.

Music
Dark Souls 1 Medley (Remix)
Asylum/Taurus Demon Theme (DS1)
Bell Gargoyle Theme (DS1)
Gwyn's Theme (DS1)
Ornstein & Smough Theme (DS1)
Sir Alonne's Theme (DS2)
DS3 Main Theme (DS3)
Slave Knight Gael's Theme (DS3)
Abyss Watcher's Theme (DS3)
Soul of Cinder's Theme (DS3)

I'm being pretty optimistic here. I'd probably cut down this list in half, but I really like Dark Souls' soundtracks.

Assist Trophy
Artorias of the Abyss
This guy's a fan favorite boss, he'll just run around and swing his sword around and do some cool magic attacks.

Any boss or NPC could work for this though.

Items
Chest: similar to the chests in The Great Cave Offensive stage, some items are available inside them when attacked. The chests only have really good weapons though, like master balls and assist trophies.

Mimic Chest: Sometimes, the chests are actually Mimics, and whoever hits them takes MASSIVE damage and knockback. Hitting the chests is a super high risk, high reward chance, so be careful. If you look closely, you can tell whether it's a chest or a Mimic (look at the chest chain), but in the heat of battle, that'll be difficult to do.

Those are all my ideas for Dark Souls related things in Smash. I mostly used Dark Souls 1 references, as that's the one that'll be on the Switch soon. I definitely went overboard and honestly, I think The Chosen Undead sounds extremely OP, but there's just so much you could do with him! He has a little bit of everything, but hopefully the difficulty of his playstyle would balance his options out. LOTS of fanservice for sure, but I had a lot of fun making it despite it just being ideas and speculation. I'd love to hear thoughts, criticisms, and more ideas, so feel free to do so!

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I spent a couple hours creating a moveset for the Chosen Undead, and it's awesome that a thread was already made for this character. I also included some stage/item ideas, but the character is the bulk of it. It's pretty long, so prepare to read.

The Chosen Undead is a high risk, high reward character, and you'll see that mentioned frequently. He has medium combo potential, but he's played best when you're using calculated, patient attacks. He has lots of end lag on lots of attacks, but most of them have some crazy mechanics if you land them. Read your opponents' moves and punish effectively!
I tried making him sound like he came right out of the Dark Souls game, so patient play is rewarded. One of the most fun things to do in Dark Souls is play with lots of different weapon builds, so I tried to include a lot of weapon types within the character. He primarily uses a straight sword, but greatswords, spears, crossbows, axes, miracles, pyromancies, and sorcery also come into play. He has a pretty awful recovery, so getting him offstage would be your best bet. Another strategy is to bait out his very laggy moves, and punish accordingly. I put thought into nearly every aspect of this character, including sleeping animations, victory poses, etc.

Grounded Attacks
Jab
: 3 sword swings.

Forward Tilt: Shield Break Kick, can cause player to trip.

Down Tilt: Kneeling, Jutting out stab attack.

Up Tilt: Sword Swing in an arc motion.

Dash Attack: Uses a spear, very long range.

Aerial Attacks
N-Air
: Two slashes, one left, one right.

F-Air: Shield Bash (akin to Palutena's B-air), high knockback.

B-Air: Crossbow Shot, similar to Villager's F-air and B-air, but can't be spammed as fast.

Up-Air: Straight stab motion upwards, low knockback.

Down-Air: Plunge Attack, extremely high knockback, works similar to how it does in the Dark Souls games, high landing lag, spikes.

Smash Attacks
Forward Smash
: Greatsword Swing, slow, but high knockback.

Up Smash: Black Knight Greataxe Two-Hand R2, does chip damage at the start when dragged on the ground (near the feet), then does a huge circular motion (akin to King Dedede's).

Down Smash: Wrath of the Gods, a miracle that creates a shockwave around the character, more powerful near the base, low knockback if hit at the top.

Special Attacks
Neutral B
: Pyromancy. The more you hold the button in, the better the pyromancy is. The weakest to strongest pyromancies would be Fireball > Fire Orb > Chaos Bed Vestiges. This move would act similar to Greninjas, as you can't store the projectile, but it has a slight downwards arc. If the projectile hits, it does huge knockback.

Side B: Parry/Backstab. If the enemy is facing you, your character will do a parry with their shield (counter). If the enemy attacks you during certain frames of the parry animation, you then get to do a high damaging visceral attack, but there's no knockback. The enemy then collapses, (similar to Ryu's Down-B) which can lead into some combo potential. This also reflects projectiles.

If the enemy is turned away from you, and you're shoulder-length apart, your character will do a backstab instead of a parry, which does the same effect as the visceral attack after a parry. If you're too far away though, it'll work like a normal sword stab and you won't get the collapse animation.

Both attacks need to be timed well, and if you fail, there's lots of ending lag. If used in the air, it's just a high knockback backstab, no collapse animation.

Down B: Etsus Chug. An extremely high risk, high reward healing move. Etsus is basically Sunny D that heals you in the actual game. It's not able to be used in the air. You have limited etsus, but each drink heals 50%, so it's extremely valuable. The amount of etsus you have is determined by how many stocks you have or how long you play your match. For example, if you're playing a 3 stock match or a 2:00 time match, you'll have 3 Etsus for that match. If you play with 99 stocks, you'll have 30 or so etsus chugs. Drinking etsus is very slow, like the games, and if the animation is interrupted, you lose the etsus and heal no percentage. Once your etsus is depleted for the match, your character will shrug when trying to use it.

Up B: Gargoyle Lift, similar to Duck Hunt's Recovery, a gargoyle lifts up the Chosen Undead (like how they do in Anor Londo in DS1 and Undead Settlement in DS3). The wings that flap do very minimal damage, it's not the best vertical recovery, and it doesn't last very long.

Grab, Pummel, and Throws
Grab
: Dark Hand, a unique magic/fist weapon that allows you to grab your opponent.

Down Throw: Lifedrain, a move similar to Snake's down throw that inflicts damage upon the opponent, and heals around 5% for the Chosen Undead. Abusing this throw results in less and less healing.

Up Throw: Simple upward throw, sword slash combo.

Forward Throw: Simple throw forward, sword slash combo.

Back Throw: Homing Soulmass, big throw behind character, then 3-5 magic balls fly towards the player (akin to Fox, Falco, and Mewtwo's throws).

Pummel: Simple sword swing

Roll
The Chosen Undead's roll is like any other character's, but has just few extra invincibility frames. If you spam it, though, you eventually have less invincibility frames than usual due to "losing stamina".

Passive Abilities
Passive Ability:
Embered Up. An ability that rewards skill and calculated play. After knocking a player into the blast zones, The Chosen Undead becomes embered, like how they do after defeating a boss in DS3. This ability boosts your defense SLIGHTLY, reducing the amount of damage you take. It's nothing incredibly overpowered, it's similar to Lucario's aura or Cloud's Limit Break buffs, just with defense boosts. Once the opponent takes a stock from you, you lose the buff until you take a stock off them again. It also creates a cool, embered look on your character's armor.

Passive Ability: Shield, works exactly like Link or Toon Link's shield.

Cosmetic Passive Ability: Going Hollow. After losing a stock, your character takes the appearance of a hollow and the voice clips sound more monstrous.

Unique Death Sound: When losing a stock, the "You Died" soundclip from the DS games plays.

Taunts
Gestures are a fun little mechanic in Dark Souls, and they'd make great taunts.

Up Taunt: Praise the Sun! (This HAS to be a gesture.)

Side Taunt: Well, what is it? (Fan favorite gesture. The legend never dies.)

Down Taunt: Point Down. (Extremely disrespectful. Should only be used in rare circumstances.)

Honestly, there's a lot of gestures from the Dark Souls games that would work. I'd like Bow to be a gesture, hopefully 4 taunts could be a thing.

Special Animations

Sleeping Animation:
The Sleep gesture (DS3)

Shield Break Animation: Similar to any other character, not many gestures that relate to this one.

When knocked down: Stretch Out Gesture

When on the edge: The Chosen Undead waves his arms around in circles slightly cartoonishly.

Entering the Match: Gets summoned in by a summon sign.

Victory Screen Poses
Bonfire Rest: Chosen Undead resting at bonfire

Invader Banished: Character is doing the Jump for Joy gesture with the words "invader banished" covering the screen (but not result stats).

Bow: Character does the Bow gesture

If The Chosen Undead loses: They do the Applause gesture

Victory Theme: Not sure what they could do for this. Perhaps an uplifting remix of Firelink Shrine? Maybe the riff that plays when you enter Anor Londo?

Final Smash
Darkeater Midir: Midir (dragon) flies down and shoots the stage with his Godzilla beam and/or fire. The beam stuns the players, and then shortly explodes and does incredible knockback. This final smash could literally pertain to any boss, but I really like Midir.

Costumes/Skins

Default Costume: Elite Knight Set

Catarina Set (Siegward)

Armor of the Sun Set (Solaire, this is a must)

Faraam Set (DS2 Armor)

Firelink Set (DS3 Armor)

Havel's Set (Fan Favorite)

Xanthous Set (For magic users)

Deprived costume (No armor, best way to play)

I'd love more costumes, as there's a ton of iconic armor sets from the game, but I tried picking the 8 most recognizable ones. Hopefully someone will mod in Giant Dad.

Dark Souls Stage
Anor Londo

Anor Londo is a fan favorite area in Dark Souls 1 that features a giant castle and a large elevator. The arena takes place a fair distance away from the castle, giving you a breathtaking view. On very rare occasions, Anor Londo appears very dark and has a more blue palette (This is basically what the real Anor Londo looks like, the sun and brightness is just an illusion in the game).The stage itself is a simple courtyard with no walkoffs and a couple of symmetrical platforms raised up by non-interactable pillars. You can't go under the stage. Black Iron Tarkus and other NPCs from the Dark Souls games can be spotted. The elevator in the background also goes up and down occasionally, and enemies can be spotted patrolling the castle. Two certain boss enemies actually show up to interupt the battle...

Boss
Ornstein and Smough

Occasionally, Ornstein and Smough show up, and they'll both give you quite the beating. It's possible to beat them, and beating them once will cause them to go away for the rest of the match. If you don't beat them, they eventually leave, but come back later. Unfortunately this means the stage isn't legal, unless a stage hazard toggle is implemented.

Music
Dark Souls 1 Medley (Remix)
Asylum/Taurus Demon Theme (DS1)
Bell Gargoyle Theme (DS1)
Gwyn's Theme (DS1)
Ornstein & Smough Theme (DS1)
Sir Alonne's Theme (DS2)
DS3 Main Theme (DS3)
Slave Knight Gael's Theme (DS3)
Abyss Watcher's Theme (DS3)
Soul of Cinder's Theme (DS3)

I'm being pretty optimistic here. I'd probably cut down this list in half, but I really like Dark Souls' soundtracks.

Assist Trophy
Artorias of the Abyss
This guy's a fan favorite boss, he'll just run around and swing his sword around and do some cool magic attacks.

Any boss or NPC could work for this though.

Items
Chest: similar to the chests in The Great Cave Offensive stage, some items are available inside them when attacked. The chests only have really good weapons though, like master balls and assist trophies.

Mimic Chest: Sometimes, the chests are actually Mimics, and whoever hits them takes MASSIVE damage and knockback. Hitting the chests is a super high risk, high reward chance, so be careful. If you look closely, you can tell whether it's a chest or a Mimic (look at the chest chain), but in the heat of battle, that'll be difficult to do.

Those are all my ideas for Dark Souls related things in Smash. I mostly used Dark Souls 1 references, as that's the one that'll be on the Switch soon. I definitely went overboard and honestly, I think The Chosen Undead sounds extremely OP, but there's just so much you could do with him! He has a little bit of everything, but hopefully the difficulty of his playstyle would balance his options out. LOTS of fanservice for sure, but I had a lot of fun making it despite it just being ideas and speculation. I'd love to hear thoughts, criticisms, and more ideas, so feel free to do so!
Holy HECK! You certainly put a lot of effort into this! Great job! :D

StingHobbes

Smash Rookie
Thanks! Yeah, lots of brainstorming went into the moveset. Hopefully some more people think of their own ideas too, there's so much to pull from this series. I'd love to see some momentum rolling for this character, cause I think it's relatively possible for them to appear! They'd be a second Bandai Namco rep, Solaire has an amiibo now... everything seems to be aligning perfectly.

But for now, it's just speculation :)

Zeox

Smash Champion
Only if playing as him is as hard as playing dark souls and you have to roll everytime to dogde attacks, and heal your % with estus.
Ok I'm kinda kidding, but I would like to see Dark Souls representation.

Accursed

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I'm done my moveset. I hope you guys like it.
The Chosen Undead is a super heavy character with a lot of slow but powerful attacks. Their moveset has a heavy focus on relentlessly getting in and never yielding. However, they'll require a lot of reading and foresight to play effectively. They'll have a play style that will feel very familiar to Dark Souls fans.

Roll: [Backstep] Oddly enough, the Chosen Undead won't have a true roll. Instead they will have a short backstep without invincibility frames and a unique shield mechanic.

Shield: [Advancing Shield] The Chosen Undead will have a normal shield... that is, until you hold forward on your control stick. If you do that, the Chosen Undead will start slowly walking forward while their shield is still up. To counteract the possible versatility of this mechanic, the Chosen Undead's shield will take a lot more damage than other characters' shields. This downside can also be used to represent the stamina mechanic in Dark Souls.

Spot Dodge: [Parry] The Chosen Undead won't have a true spot dodge either. Instead, they parry with their shield. It'll have a lot of super armor frames, and if an enemy hits the Chosen Undead on specific frames, they will be put into a crumple state like Ryu's Focus Attack.

Neutral Special: [Pyromancy] The Chosen Undead slowly charges up a fire ball and throws it in a short arc forward. Just a generic projectile, but it'll be really slow and be really bad. You won't even be able to move while using the attack.

Side Special: [Roll] The Chosen Undead covers a fairly large distance while rolling forward. Has a lot of super armor frames and a few invincibility frames near the start. The player can press the attack button afterward to do a follow-up attack. There's really nothing more to say. Just use it like you would in Dark Souls.

Up Special: [Kindle] -> [Homeward Bone] The Chosen Undead will shove a sword into the ground and create a bonfire. They can disappear and teleport to it at any time, but they will become very vulnerable once they reappear. After the player teleports to it once, the bonfire disappears and they'll have to place it down again if they want to use it. If there's no bonfire anywhere on the field and the player needs to recover, the Chosen Undead will just jump a short distance forward.

Down Special: [Charge] The Chosen Undead holds a spear close to their chest and charges forward a long distance. It will have a lot of startup and end lag, but it will deal a lot of damage to shields.

Jab: [Greatsword Swing] The Chosen Undead swings a greatsword 4 times in a row. It has a huge range compared to other jabs, but it'll be much, much slower.

Dash Attack: [Running Slice] The Chosen Undead dashes forward and slashes horizontally with a sword.

Side Tilt: [Kick] The Chosen Undead kicks forward. Deals a lot of damage to shields.

Up Tilt: [Straight Sword Swing] Swings in an arc upward with a straight sword.

Down Tilt: [Spear Poke] The Chosen Undead pokes forward with a spear. Has a lot of range and deals more damage at the tip.

Side Smash: [Charged Ultra Greatsword] The Chosen Undead takes out an ultra greatsword, slowly walks forward, and slams the sword straight down on unsuspecting opponents. Walks further the more the player charges the attack. Has a lot of super armor on the walking part. Has a hitbox that hits above the Chosen Undead as well.

Up Smash: [Sunlight Spear] The Chosen Undead crouches down and discharges electricity above them.

Down Smash: [Great Axe Spin] The Chosen Undead Spins a great axe around themselves in a circle. Similar to Shulk's Down Smash, but not exactly the same. The Chosen Undead will still spin the great axe as the player charges the attack. The spins you land on an opponent while charging won't as powerful as the final hit.

Neutral Aerial: [Sword Slice] The Chosen Undead takes out their sword and holds it out in front of them. A sword version of a sex kick. Won't be as powerful or as quick as, for example, Mario's sex kick.

Forward Air: [Estoc Stab]
The Chosen Undead stabs forward with an estoc. Quicker than most of their other attacks, but not as quick as everyone else's.

Back Air: [Shield Bash] The Chosen Undead bashes their shield behind them. Like Palutena's Back Air.

Up Air: [Spin Slash]
The Chosen Undead gets a quick burst of agility and swings their sword around them in a circle once. Looks similar to Knight Artorias' jumping spin attack.

Down Air: [Plunge Attack] The Chosen Undead drops down quickly while holding their sword out in front of them.

Grab: Generic grab.

Pummel: [Dagger Stab] The Chosen Undead stabs the opponent with a dagger.

Forward Throw: [Riposte] The enemy drops on their knees as the Chosen Undead stabs them brutally with a sword. The impalement only shows up for half a second as the opponent is quickly launched afterward.

Back Throw: [Back Stab] The Chosen Undead turns around and stabs the opponent in the back, launching them.

Up Throw: [Lord of Cinder's Explosive Hand] The Chosen Undead holds the opponent up by the neck and causes an explosion in their hands.

Down Throw: [Guillotine Attack] The Chosen Undead throws the opponent onto the ground and slams them with a heavy butcher's knife. This attack is pretty iconic, so I had to get it in there somewhere.

Final Smash: [Summoning Phantom Knight Solaire...] The Chosen Undead summons the Knight Solaire into the world and he proceeds to help them fight the opponents. Lasts 15 seconds and Solaire can't die. If Solaire falls off the map, then he gets resummoned. Does basically everything the player can do except Solaire throws Sunlight Spears instead of fireballs.

Entrance: [Summoning Phantom Chosen Undead...] The Chosen Undead appears on the stage as if they were summoned.

Taunt 1: Drinking an estus (heals a bit of HP like Young Link's taunt).
Taunt 2: Throws down a Very Good! Carving.
Taunt 3: Bows.

Victory 1: Kindling a bonfire and using it.
Victory 2: Toast.
Victory 3: Praise the sun.

Fanfare: Gwyn's theme.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Alright, I'm done my moveset. I hope you guys like it.
The Chosen Undead is a super heavy character with a lot of slow but powerful attacks. Their moveset has a heavy focus on relentlessly getting in and never yielding. However, they'll require a lot of reading and foresight to play effectively. They'll have a play style that will feel very familiar to Dark Souls fans.

Roll: [Backstep] Oddly enough, the Chosen Undead won't have a true roll. Instead they will have a short backstep without invincibility frames and a unique shield mechanic.

Shield: [Advancing Shield] The Chosen Undead will have a normal shield... that is, until you hold forward on your control stick. If you do that, the Chosen Undead will start slowly walking forward while their shield is still up. To counteract the possible versatility of this mechanic, the Chosen Undead's shield will take a lot more damage than other characters' shields. This downside can also be used to represent the stamina mechanic in Dark Souls.

Spot Dodge: [Parry] The Chosen Undead won't have a true spot dodge either. Instead, they parry with their shield. It'll have a lot of super armor frames, and if an enemy hits the Chosen Undead on specific frames, they will be put into a crumple state like Ryu's Focus Attack.

Neutral Special: [Pyromancy] The Chosen Undead slowly charges up a fire ball and throws it in a short arc forward. Just a generic projectile, but it'll be really slow and be really bad. You won't even be able to move while using the attack.

Side Special: [Roll] The Chosen Undead covers a fairly large distance while rolling forward. Has a lot of super armor frames and a few invincibility frames near the start. The player can press the attack button afterward to do a follow-up attack. There's really nothing more to say. Just use it like you would in Dark Souls.

Up Special: [Kindle] -> [Homeward Bone] The Chosen Undead will shove a sword into the ground and create a bonfire. They can disappear and teleport to it at any time, but they will become very vulnerable once they reappear. After the player teleports to it once, the bonfire disappears and they'll have to place it down again if they want to use it. If there's no bonfire anywhere on the field and the player needs to recover, the Chosen Undead will just jump a short distance forward.

Down Special: [Charge] The Chosen Undead holds a spear close to their chest and charges forward a long distance. It will have a lot of startup and end lag, but it will deal a lot of damage to shields.

Jab: [Greatsword Swing] The Chosen Undead swings a greatsword 4 times in a row. It has a huge range compared to other jabs, but it'll be much, much slower.

Dash Attack: [Running Slice] The Chosen Undead dashes forward and slashes horizontally with a sword.

Side Tilt: [Kick] The Chosen Undead kicks forward. Deals a lot of damage to shields.

Up Tilt: [Straight Sword Swing] Swings in an arc upward with a straight sword.

Down Tilt: [Spear Poke] The Chosen Undead pokes forward with a spear. Has a lot of range and deals more damage at the tip.

Side Smash: [Charged Ultra Greatsword] The Chosen Undead takes out an ultra greatsword, slowly walks forward, and slams the sword straight down on unsuspecting opponents. Walks further the more the player charges the attack. Has a lot of super armor on the walking part. Has a hitbox that hits above the Chosen Undead as well.

Up Smash: [Sunlight Spear] The Chosen Undead crouches down and discharges electricity above them.

Down Smash: [Great Axe Spin] The Chosen Undead Spins a great axe around themselves in a circle. Similar to Shulk's Down Smash, but not exactly the same. The Chosen Undead will still spin the great axe as the player charges the attack. The spins you land on an opponent while charging won't as powerful as the final hit.

Neutral Aerial: [Sword Slice] The Chosen Undead takes out their sword and holds it out in front of them. A sword version of a sex kick. Won't be as powerful or as quick as, for example, Mario's sex kick.

Forward Air: [Estoc Stab]
The Chosen Undead stabs forward with an estoc. Quicker than most of their other attacks, but not as quick as everyone else's.

Back Air: [Shield Bash] The Chosen Undead bashes their shield behind them. Like Palutena's Back Air.

Up Air: [Spin Slash]
The Chosen Undead gets a quick burst of agility and swings their sword around them in a circle once. Looks similar to Knight Artorias' jumping spin attack.

Down Air: [Plunge Attack] The Chosen Undead drops down quickly while holding their sword out in front of them.

Pummel: [Dagger Stab] The Chosen Undead stabs the opponent with a dagger.

Forward Throw: [Riposte] The enemy drops on their knees as the Chosen Undead stabs them brutally with a sword. The impalement only shows up for half a second as the opponent is quickly launched afterward.

Back Throw: [Back Stab] The Chosen Undead turns around and stabs the opponent in the back, launching them.

Up Throw: [Lord of Cinder's Explosive Hand] The Chosen Undead holds the opponent up by the neck and causes an explosion in their hands.

Down Throw: [Guillotine Attack] The Chosen Undead throws the opponent onto the ground and slams them with a heavy butcher's knife. This attack is pretty iconic, so I had to get it in there somewhere.

Final Smash: [Summoning Phantom Knight Solaire...] The Chosen Undead summons the Knight Solaire into the world and he proceeds to help them fight the opponents. Lasts 15 seconds and Solaire can't die. If Solaire falls off the map, then he gets resummoned. Does basically everything the player can do except Solaire throws Sunlight Spears instead of fireballs.

Entrance: [Summoning Phantom Chosen Undead...] The Chosen Undead appears on the stage as if they were summoned.

Taunt 1: Drinking an estus (heals a bit of HP like Young Link's taunt).
Taunt 2: Throws down a Very Good! Carving.
Taunt 3: Bows.

Victory 1: Kindling a bonfire and using it.
Victory 2: Toast.
Victory 3: Praise the sun.

Fanfare: Gwyn's theme.
That looks to be a really fun moveset, dude!

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Can this serve as a general Dark Souls rep support? I'd rather support Solaire or Artorias personally but there's no threads for them and Solaire is pretty similar to the main character.

EDIT: Oh, there's a Solaire thread. Maybe we should merge them?

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Can this serve as a general Dark Souls rep support? I'd rather support Solaire or Artorias personally but there's no threads for them and Solaire is pretty similar to the main character.

EDIT: Oh, there's a Solaire thread. Maybe we should merge them?
Hmm...I'll have to talk to @Reila about that. She's the one who created the Solaire thread.

EDIT: Well...I can't PM her, so I'm not sure how that's gonna go...

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I'm not really a fan of the Chosen Undead pulling out random weapons for different attacks ala Villager or Mega Man.
It sounds good on paper, but the idea of a character from this slow and methodical adventure game, where limited upgrades encourage you to stick to only one or two weapons, suddenly pulling out and using a huge arsenal of random weapons for one or two attacks just doesn't sit right with me.

However, I love a lot of your ideas, guys. I think Accursed is especially on to something amazing with the spot-dodge being a shield parry.

Graizen

Smash Champion
SUPPORTING!
I think he has a great chance man , Dark Souls is popular as hell.

Quillion

Smash Hero
I'm not really a fan of the Chosen Undead pulling out random weapons for different attacks ala Villager or Mega Man.
It sounds good on paper, but the idea of a character from this slow and methodical adventure game, where limited upgrades encourage you to stick to only one or two weapons, suddenly pulling out and using a huge arsenal of random weapons for one or two attacks just doesn't sit right with me.

However, I love a lot of your ideas, guys. I think Accursed is especially on to something amazing with the spot-dodge being a shield parry.
But fun trumps faithfulness, remember? A character based around using tons of weapons for various situations would be a great addition to the roster beyond being just another heavy sword wielder.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I think it would be cooler to design them as a stance character. Their down special could either let them swap from one-handed to two-handed movesets or to another weapon, like lance or axe (or all three. go for that FE weapon triangle).

Quillion

Smash Hero
I think it would be cooler to design them as a stance character. Their down special could either let them swap from one-handed to two-handed movesets or to another weapon, like lance or axe (or all three. go for that FE weapon triangle).
Or... they could swap weapons by taunting.

Geassguy

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I want Chosen Undead for Smash. Solaire would be my pick for AT. The stage could fit in multiple locales by being centered around a bonfire, and everyone "warps" via the lordvessel from Firelink, to say... Undead Parish/Burg, Sens Fortress, Anor Londo, and maybe Izalith or the Abyss.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Been a while, thought I'd light a bonfire and bring this thread back with a moveset I created:

Playstyle: ‘The worst character in the entire game’. That is the most abundant, yet understandable first impression of playing Chosen Undead, and for good reason. He’s light and easy to launch, his ground speed is mediocre, his jump height and air speed is terrible, his moves are slow and his size is giant. However: to be good at Chosen Undead in Smash is to be good at Dark Souls. Once you overcome those weaknesses, his strengths are revolutionary: his attacks deal loads of damage, his shield and dodging doesn’t decay at all, said dodging also has more invincibility frames on use, and he has access to limited, yet on-demand, healing at any time. Most of these aspects will be explained later. He also has good projectiles and unique properties for some of his attacks. In the right hands, the Chosen Undead is a monster.

Unique Mechanic #1: Stamina: Above the Chosen Undead’s damage counter (Where Robin’s Tomes and Little Mac’s K.O. Meter are) is a green bar. This green bar is stamina, a valuable resource in Dark Souls. Many of your actions cost stamina, but even when completely empty, it’ll start charging over 3 seconds almost instantly. The actions affected are:
  • Shield: Shield does not decay, unlike the rest of the cast. Chosen Undead can also move along the ground while using this shield. The drawbacks are that strong enough attacks can completely deplete your stamina, and your shield's durability is dependant on stamina, meaning if all your stamina is gone, your shield gets broken.
  • Rolling: Dodging as Chosen Undead doesn’t decay either. He also has more i-frames than normal and covers more distance when used. However, this costs a lot more stamina than normal.
  • Attacks: All attacks except for Side-, Neutral-B and F-throw use stamina. This is to make up for the immense damage that Chosen Undead’s attacks deal. If stamina is depleted, the moves will be much slower.
Unique Mechanic #2: Parry/Riposte: Chosen Undead’s perfect shield is different: when it successfully lands, the opponent will instead stumble for a bit. If you press the attack button within 1 second after, Chosen Undead will land a devastating Riposte that causes a crumple, leaving them open to another attack. During the Riposte, both Chosen Undead and the victim are immune to damage from other sources.

Jab: Chosen Undead swings the sword left and right. This can be looped, like Wario’s jab.

F-tilt: Chosen Undead will kick forwards. Said kick is slow and doesn’t do much damage, but can stun opponents on hit. This also has some great shield-damage.

U-tilt: Chosen Undead will swing overhead and downwards with the uchigatana.

D-tilt: A low thrust with the rapier.

Dash attack: Chosen Undead jumps upwards and slashes downwards. Similar to Link’s Dash attack, but is reliant on stamina.

Pummel: The Chosen Undead jabs the opponent in the face with the hilt of his sword.

F-throw: Chosen Undead conjures a Pyromancy Flame in his hand and smacks the opponent in the face with it.

D-throw: Chosen Undead places the opponent on their back and smashes an axe into their body.

B-throw: Chosen Undead does a backstab to the opponent. This is the first grab in Smash to cause a crumple.

U-throw: Chosen Undead jumps away from the opponent, then runs back towards them before following up with an uppercut.

N-air: Chosen Undead takes a cue from Robin and swings his sword upwards both in front of him and behind him.

F-air: Chosen Undead swings a greatsword downwards in front of him.

D-air: The infamous Plunging Attack. As a hidden bonus, if Chosen Undead uses dash attack off the platform he uses it on, he can use this move while in midair for increased damage.

B-air: Chosen Undead swings the Moonlight Greatsword behind himself, firing a beam of moonlight behind him.

U-air: Chosen Undead stabs a halberd upwards. This has some good range.

Side Smash: Chosen Undead walks forward, holding the Bass Cannon Zweihander above him before smashing it downwards.

Up Smash: Chosen Undead swings Smough’s hammer over himself and smashes it into the ground, similar to King Dedede. This can heal the Chosen Undead for 2% damage on hit.

Down Smash: Chosen Undead sweeps a greatsword along the ground in front of him.

Neutral B: Pyromancy Flame: The Chosen Undead charges a fireball and throws it in front of himself. The fireball goes about as far as the Belmonts’ Cross and goes in an arc, exploding on impact. The fireball will then explode, but leave a damage-over-time area similar to the Rathalos’ fireballs.

Side B: Sunlight Spear: The Chosen Undead raises his hand and a bolt of lightning shoots from the top of the screen and into his palm. He then reels his hand back and throws a spear of lightning in front of him that hits twice and stuns on hit.

Up B: Bonfire/Homeward Bone: The Chosen Undead lights a bonfire at his current location. The Bonfire lasts for a minute after planting, said bonfire having its uses:
  • Homeward Bone: The Chosen Undead can use the Homeward Bone to transport to the Bonfire’s location, said talisman being on a 15 second cooldown. The icon of the Homeward Bone appears next to the Chosen Undead’s portrait.
  • Respawning: The Chosen Undead will respawn at the location of the Bonfire. This can prove to be a strategic advantage.
Down B: Wrath of the Gods: The Chosen Undead charges with energy and releases a large barrier around him that not only deals damage, but also blocks all projectiles. This can also break shields at close range and trip opponents at far range.

Shield B: Estus Flask: At the start of the battle, Chosen Undead starts with Sunny D Estus, which is indicated by a flask below the Homeward Bone icon. The Estus Flask has 5 charges that can heal Chosen Undead for 30% damage. When using Shield-B near a bonfire, the Chosen Undead can replenish his charges. However, drinking Estus takes time before he can heal, said drinking can be interrupted so that the Estus is spent without healing.

Final Smash: Jolly Co-operation: Chosen Undead throws a Sunlight Spear in front of him, and a cutscene appears: the Chosen Undead and a Phantom Solaire will barrage the opponent with sword strikes, Pyromancy Flames and Sunlight Spear before the two let loose a final sword slash that blows the opponent(s) away.

Not sure if I got it completely accurate, but I feel I did a good job.

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
Whoa, I love Dark Souls! I’m glad this thread is here. Count me as a supporter wholeheartedly! Here seems to be a lot of Chosen Undead support swelling as of late, so I hope he makes it in!

Additionally, I made this moveset infographic for him. It’s not a FULL moveset, but it’s made more to give an extremely detailed look into how he would play, rather than list his exact moves.

84DAA00A-82F6-4A61-8050-46A239DDC15B.jpeg

Feel free to use it in OP if you’d like!

Last edited:

[Maple]

Smash Journeyman
Dark Souls NEEDS to be in Smash. Biggest IP of the decade after Minecraft.

CHAMPIONX9

Smash Journeyman
Want poise mechanic so if hit by weak attacks they just tank it. Since i cant imagine them being particulary fast it would be helpful and make them unique.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Source Gaming just did a video on Dark Souls content we could see if the series was represented.

Anyways, even though I'm scared to play the series myself because of the difficulty, I support the Chosen Undead! I even made a moveset and Classic Mode taken straight from the Source Gaming video:
Intro: Chosen Undead gets up after sitting next to a bonfire, which then dissipates.

Stance/Idle 1: His stance from the Dark Souls games.
Idle 2: Chosen Undead gives a proper bow.
Idle 3: Chosen Undead points forward.

Notable Palette Swaps: The Chosen Undead variations from all 3 Dark Souls games.
-Chosen Undead (navy blue; default)
-Siegmeyer of Catarina (black/gold)
-Bearer of the Curse (turquoise/white)
-Solaire of Astora (green)
-Ashen One (red)
-Dragonslayer Ornstein (yellow)
-Black Knight (black)
-Silver Knight (gray)

Walk: His walk from the games. Uses no Stamina.

Dash: His dash from the games. Uses a little Stamina.

Damage: His damage animation from the games.

Jump: His jump from the games. Uses no Stamina.

Crouch: Chosen Undead feigns the Prostration gesture.

Weapon of Choice: Chosen Undead mainly uses a sword, but also has magic attacks in his arsenal.

Normal Attacks
Jab: A slow 3-hit slash combo (9%, OK knockback; uses a little Stamina)
Forward+A: Chosen Undead thrusts forward (8%, small knockback; uses a little Stamina)
Down+A: Chosen Undead slightly stabs downward (6%, small knockback; uses a little Stamina)
Up+A: A 90 degree backwards upper slash (11%, OK knockback; uses some Stamina)

Aerial Attacks
Air+A: Chosen Undead casts three fireballs around himself (11%, OK knockback; uses a little Stamina)
Air Forward+A: Chosen Undead swings two swords to the left (14%, OK knockback; uses some Stamina)
Air Back + A: Chosen Undead stabs the target with two swords (12%, OK knockback; uses some Stamina)
Air Up+A: Chosen Undead raises his shield up (9%, OK knockback; uses some Stamina)
Air Down+A: Chosen Undead swings both his swords downward, one at a time (6%-7% each, OK knockback; uses a little Stamina)

Dash Attack: Chosen Undead charges with a shield bash (12%, OK knockback; uses a little Stamina)
Edge Attack: Chosen Undead leaps off the edge and slashes down (8%, small knockback; uses some Stamina)
Get-Up Attack: A bonfire flame erupts around Chosen Undead and lifts him back up (7%, small knockback)

Smash Attacks
Forward+A: Soul Greatsword; Chosen Undead summons a sword made of souls and slashes to the left (23%, medium knockback; ⅓ of your Stamina)
Up+A: Great Combustion; Chosen Undead blows up a fireball above his head (19%, medium knockback; uses ¼ of your Stamina)
Down+A: Lightning Stake; Chosen Undead takes a bolt of lightning and slams it on the ground, which creates a moderate AOE shockwave (26%, medium knockback; uses ⅖ of your Stamina)

Grab Game
Grab: Chosen Undead grabs the target with his right hand, shield in the left.
Pummel: Chosen Undead bashes the target with his shield (2%-3%)
Forwards+Throw: Chosen Undead tosses the target and bashes them with his shield (11%, OK knockback; uses a little Stamina)
Down+Throw: Chosen Undead stomps on the target (7%, small knockback; uses a little Stamina)
Back+Throw: Chosen Undead tosses the target behind himself, not even looking at them (4%, small knockback; uses no Stamina)
Up+Throw: Chosen Undead casts pyromancy that launches the target like a cannon (13%, OK knockback; uses a little Stamina)

Special Moves
B : Homing Soulmass;
Chosen Undead summons five magic orbs around his head, which can damage opponents upon contact (2% each, small knockback; uses nearly ½ of your Stamina). Pressing B a second time (or waiting a few seconds) causes the orbs to home in on any opponents in range (5% each, small knockback; uses nearly ½ your Stamina)
B + Forwards : Lightning Spear; Chosen Undead summons a bolt of lighting and throws it (exactly as the name implies) like a spear (24%, medium knockback; uses ½ your Stamina). It can be subtly aimed in the direction the control stick is tilted.
B + Up : Homeward Bone; Chosen Undead is surrounded by mist below him, and he is instantly warped back to the stage with no Stamina lost. However, not only is the exact spot mostly random, but he can be interrupted during the startup.
B + Down : Estus Flask; Chosen Undead takes one drink of an Estus Flask, which heals 55% damage. However, there are only 5 uses, so don’t get greedy.

Final Smash: Link the Flame; Chosen Undead casts Soul Stream, a beam that goes a long distance (12%). Any fighters hit are taken into a cutscene where the Chosen Undead lights the last bonfire and surrounds the area with fire (56%, devastating knockback)

Gimmick: Stamina Gauge; Chosen Undead has a Stamina Gauge above his HUD (along with 5 Estus Flask uses next to the Gauge on the left). Each attack he does (even quick ones) use up Stamina. It refills automatically after each move, but the amount depends on the move itself.

Taunts
1: Chosen Undead praises the sun.
2: Chosen Undead performs the Shrug gesture.
1+2: Chosen Undead looks skyward as he facepalms, then faces the ground as he shakes his head.

Winposes
1: Chosen Undead performs the “Well! What is it?” gesture.
2: Chosen Undead praises the sun (again).
3: Chosen Undead takes a rest at a bonfire.

Applause: Chosen Undead performs the Prostration gesture.
Icon: The sword in the bonfire.
Boxing Ring Title: Thou Who Are Undead
Star K.O.: “You Died” appears above Chosen Undead’s HUD (and on-screen of Chosen Undead loses a Spirit Battle; likewise, “Victory Achieved” appears when you win a Spirit Battle).

Victory Music: A Moment's Peace

Kirby Hat: Chosen Undead’s DS1 helmet
Fights with and against characters based on those from Dark Souls in medieval fantasy stages, some interrupting at random; this route is taken from Source Gaming's Dark Souls content video
Round 1: :ultbowser: (team battle w/Skyloft :ultlink:) on Arena Ferox (Main Theme - Dark Souls III)
Round 2: :ultfalco::ultfalco: (team battle w/Golden Chosen Undead) on :castlesiege: (Taurus Demon)
Round 3: :ultike::ultrobinf: on Arena Ferox Omega (Knight Artorias)
Round 4: :ultmetaknight::ultlucina:(team battle w/:ultpit:) on Unova League (Sir Alonne)
Round 5: :ultridley::ultdarkpit:* on Temple (Battlefield) (Slave Knight Gael)
Round 6: :ultpalutena::ultrichter::ultrichter: on Anor Londo (Ornstein & Smough)
Final Round: Dracula (team battle w/:ultwiifittrainerm:) (Gwyn, Lord of Cinder)

*Dark Pit is completely neutral, attacking both Ridley and the player, and can randomly appear.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Decided to revisit Chosen Undead in terms of making a moveset, and this was the result. Enjoy, everyone.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Top Bottom