• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Bombs Away! ~ A Guide on Young Link's Bombs by NJ'zFinest

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
doraki instant wall jump in a bomb throw and then double jump towards the stage with an aerial to get tech skill points.

but in all seriousness don't

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
I finally used Y. Link again today.

Such a fun character, but I still can't beat CunningKitsune...

*goes back to Fox/Sheik*

Laijin

Smash Hero
Don't play top tier characters. They suck. lol
No..
Young Link actually kinda sucks.
Just look at his match up against Fox. Its disgusting.
After maining Young Link for almost 4 years, my advice to Young Link mains is to please main a top tier character in melee and only play Young Link for certain match ups(Bowser, Donkey Kong, Mewtwo, Jigglypuff, etc etc. Ya know. The ones top tier characters might have issues with if you don't know the match up and Young Link is pretty much gaurenteed to win because of projectiles).

Krip_

Smash Rookie
No..
After maining Young Link for almost 4 years, my advice to Young Link mains is to please main a top tier character in melee and only play Young Link for certain match ups(Bowser, Donkey Kong, Mewtwo, Jigglypuff, etc etc. Ya know. The ones top tier characters might have issues with if you don't know the match up and Young Link is pretty much gaurenteed to win because of projectiles).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXS7rbviC6I

>_> :p

thats my boy :)

CommanderCody08

Smash Apprentice
No..
I'm pretty sure Young Link is Peach's worst matchup in the game (this is according to smashwiki - don't quote me on that)

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
That's pretty old. Peach probably has a much harder time against the top four chars (that's Fox, Marth, Sheik and Falco) these days.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
can YL do the bomb up throw recovery technique like link can? if so can anyone tell me how to do it or show me the thread on how to do it

rhan

Smash Hero
At least he didn't make another thread asking the question.

But sadly he cannot. Best thing to do if trying to do a bomb recovery is to just let the bomb blow up on you.

XIII ways to die

Smash Apprentice
i have something to add to this. sh-bombdrop-downb fast enough to pull a bomb out before you landed on the one you just dropped. if done right you will beable to pull a bomb out in the aair without the animation happening.

uses= if your oppent aproaches you where you have to drop your bomb you can use that explosion to stop the animation and have an instant bomb. to use again.
you can pull a bomb out right when you drop the bomb. it kindof feels like wavedashing speed from z to b.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Just updated it with that + something I came across myself.

Picked up Young Link again :)

LooksLikePit

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I'm a new Young Link player. I didn't see any threads or find the answer in any YL guides, but is it possible for YL to do the bomb-up b recovery like Link can? Thanks.

rhan

Smash Hero
Just updated it with that + something I came across myself.

Picked up Young Link again :)
I love you!

Hey guys, I'm a new Young Link player. I didn't see any threads or find the answer in any YL guides, but is it possible for YL to do the bomb-up b recovery like Link can? Thanks.
No there is no way to exactly do it the way he does it.

The only way is to have a bomb in your hands about to explode.

SSBM_Sora

The Yung God
I thought most people would try it out themselves.
I hate that sometimes it explodes before i jump and UpB but other than that its awesome!

arata18

Smash Cadet
Good guide there's definitely a lot of tricks to young links bombs that i have yet to master as an aspiring young link player

alphabattack

Smash Apprentice
I need some help with bomb setting. I try to hit z right as I hit the ground, but it either explodes or I light shield. Is it really just that, or is there something else I should be doing? Other than grinding out practice. Thanks!

zz_halim

Smash Apprentice
Hey i just found out something about bombs! ^^
If you throw a bomb backwards just before landing (i do it with c-stick), the turnaround animation gets canceled and ylink doesn't change the direction he faces :o
maybe not as useless as it seems :D

edit: just found out that somebody already made a thread about this, and it's like the oldest thread in the ylink forum :D

Last edited:

dahuterschuter

Smash Journeyman
I'm just here to say Axe's bomb management at Press Start is the best I've ever seen and all YL's should take note.

kaptinkillem

Smash Cadet
I'm just here to say Axe's bomb management at Press Start is the best I've ever seen and all YL's should take note.
It was good, but it was at times also kinda gimmicky, like when he did the two bombs from the ledge on dream land, pulling a bomb from the edge like that is not safe, and if you get hit you are with out a jump. But as long as you mix it up and don't use it too often it can be a really cool surprise factor. However the sopo edge guard, bomb to bomb to downair was cool and useful and ****ing dope.

Mitchell Woodland

Smash Rookie
A technique I like to use is running with a bomb>SH throw bomb forward>waveland forward>to catching the bomb. It can mind game people quite hard, they think the bomb was thrown short but then you just catch it and throw it again in their face.

Vhozek

Smash Rookie
I got one more. Not sure if you're still here to add it or not. You might already have it in there, but I ain't reading all that again xD
I guess I'll call it: Overhead Bomb Throw.
You basically throw the bomb right as you're about to hit the ground and the bomb will be thrown further away while appearing as if it was thrown from the back of your head. It's easier to perform if you fast fall right before tossing it.

Top Bottom