• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Bombs Away! ~ A Guide on Young Link's Bombs by NJ'zFinest

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
I read somewhere that Young Link can z-drop a bomb, then fast fall an n-air into it to gain some distance.. I forgot if it was vertical or horizontal.. and can only work once, and I believe at high percent..? Can anyone prove this..?

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Stole my idea!

Heh, nice guide I learned a few things I didn't know. Keep up the good work.

Ichor

Smash Journeyman
I read somewhere that Young Link can z-drop a bomb, then fast fall an n-air into it to gain some distance.. I forgot if it was vertical or horizontal.. and can only work once, and I believe at high percent..? Can anyone prove this..?
You know man , i have never heard of that before has anybody done that before is what im going to ask at this point. Yea also directed to Buzz:)

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Yes, you can sheild while holding a bomb and throw the bomb while sheilding :)

Aaron_Sketch

Smash Cadet
I was watchin a video about using bombs... It was used with Link, but I'm sure it works with Young link too... What they did was pull out a bomb, jump off of the stage, throw the bomb upwards, double jump, and up+b. Their up+b isn't high enough to get them back onto the stage, so they are about to fall to their doom. BUT WAIT! Just at that moment, the bomb lands right on top of him, exploding! It knocks Link into the air a little, and he can use his up+b once again! He makes it back onto the stage just in time to pwn the kirby that is awaiting.

So yeah... I don't nkow what this is called... I'll just call it 'bomb cancelling', since the bomb cancels the links' (and young links') burnt-out posistion where they helplessly fall to their doom, allowing them to wiggle out and double jump and up+b back to safety. This works best at higher percents, just so you know. And it may take some practice to actually make the bomb hit you, instead of just harmlessly bouncing off of your blade.

Ichor

Smash Journeyman
Yea but its not possible with Y. Link (At least for me ) and i have tried so many way but yet and still i can do the bomb jump with Link.
So ima go ahead and say that you cannot bomb Jump with Y. Link on a regular basis.

Chip.

you know what to do
I think that NJsFinest did a good job with this guide. This guide would definetly prove useful for beginners who don't have a clue as to throw the bomb up, right, or left. While I knew all of these different tricks and strategies of the bomb, I still reccomend it to beginners.

L33teHaxor

Smash Apprentice
Very interesting some of the stiuff i never would've thought of and most of it i already knew but other than that nice job.

Giggidax

Smash Ace
i was watching waks videos again and i noticed that wak can ledgehop > downb while regrabbing the ledge. ive tried to do this for so long but i jus cant get it. tell me, is this jus something thats really hard to do?

i <3 bombs

Giggidax

Smash Ace
about bomb dropping > fastfall bomb catch. everytime i try and fastfall > z i always send out the hookshot. maybe im not fast enuff. but i can fastfall > a. when i land on the ground i can pick it up before it hits the ground. but its not as fast

Laijin

Smash Hero
I have a couple of new bomb tricks for you:

Edguarding:
Bomb stun: If you your opponent is making a high recovery or if they are in the air close to the edge, you can use this. You must jump right beside them, bomb drop so that the bomb does not explode, but instead stuns them for a moment. This will actually sometimes confuse people and they will die(because they thing they are still in their up b animation). Surprisingly, it works. Sometimes their character will turn around completly and not grab onto the ledge. Sounds crazy. I know. But it works :o

Bomb stun n-air: If you your opponent is making a high recovery or if they are in the air close to the edge, you can use this. You must jump right beside them, bomb drop so that the bomb does not explode, but instead stuns them for a moment. Immediately after dropping the bomb, your free to move. So while their stunned, quickly press A to deliver a quick n-air. It takes practice and some getting use to.

Bomb drop d-air: This tatic works best if your opponent is coming from below the stage and is trying to sweetspot. It works very well on some characters and not so well on others. Pretty much, bomb drop to the side of the edge. They will pop up depending on how high their % is. This allows for a free d-air. If you want, you can even fast fall this and d-smash them.

L33teHaxor

Smash Apprentice
The bomb stun can be risky because it could lead to you getting hit by your opponents upB, but the bomb stun nair sounds useful. As for the bomb stun dair it just sounds like another variation of the bomb plant.

Zelda_Fan_

Smash Journeyman
Sweet guide. I use this pointless tactic with Link but it should work with Y Link.

Bomb Blocking (Lol) - Take out a bomb, SH, drop with Z, waveland backwards. If done right, you will drop the bomb, and waveland backwards so the bomb is in the air right in front of you. It can be used to hit a dashing opponent while you are safely out of the bomb's range, and since you just wavelanded you are ready to start a combo.

And Laijin: Your bomb drop d-air is very risky. If you fast fall on accident while dair-ing you are almost guaranteed to not make it back to the ledge. So you have to use the C-Stick to dair edgeguard. And if you don't make contact you are as good as dead. Also if you SH you probably will be too far down to double jump and up+b to get back to the sweetspot.
Might as well just nair or spin spike (if y-link has that)

L33teHaxor

Smash Apprentice
Sweet guide. I use this pointless tactic with Link but it should work with Y Link.

Bomb Blocking (Lol) - Take out a bomb, SH, drop with Z, waveland backwards. If done right, you will drop the bomb, and waveland backwards so the bomb is in the air right in front of you. It can be used to hit a dashing opponent while you are safely out of the bomb's range, and since you just wavelanded you are ready to start a combo.

And Laijin: Your bomb drop d-air is very risky. If you fast fall on accident while dair-ing you are almost guaranteed to not make it back to the ledge. So you have to use the C-Stick to dair edgeguard. And if you don't make contact you are as good as dead. Also if you SH you probably will be too far down to double jump and up+b to get back to the sweetspot.
I think for bomb blocking your really not gonna be thinking about that in a match which your insticns would be to either throw the boomerang or throw the bomb once you have taken out a bomb, but maybe that's just me.

And ylink kinda does have a spin spike. I've only tested it on space animals and when they do the B-up under you, you have to do your B-up before they come up and it'll spin them bent send them at a downwards angle. But it's not 100% so I wouldn't try it often.

SX_!

Smash Rookie
does anyone know how to ledge drop then jump and pull out a bomb and grab the ledge again? Wak does it all the time and i cant figure it out, am i just not fast enough?

-Sx

Laijin

Smash Hero

I wonder how I missed this post o_0
Anyways.

wtf are you talking about? Its one of the most unriskiest edgeguards you can do. If your opponent hits the bomb, its a free d-air. And if you can't hit your opponent while their literally floating in the air defensless, then you suck at aiming. lol.

Even if you do miss or fast fall, YL's recovery is too awesome to phail at not coming back.

By the way,
To the owner of the thread: Can you change the bomb drop d-air and rename it "The Lai-Fire attack"? After me of course. Cuz I do it the best. lol.
And it was my input. xD

Prac352

Smash Lord
I wonder how I missed this post o_0
Anyways.

wtf are you talking about? Its one of the most unriskiest edgeguards you can do. If your opponent hits the bomb, its a free d-air. And if you can't hit your opponent while their literally floating in the air defensless, then you suck at aiming. lol.

Even if you do miss or fast fall, YL's recovery is too awesome to phail at not coming back.

By the way,
To the owner of the thread: Can you change the bomb drop d-air and rename it "The Lai-Fire attack"? After me of course. Cuz I do it the best. lol.
And it was my input. xD
Don't go around telling people they suck, laijin. Unless you can prove it . . .

Desh.

Smash Lord
what about bomb jumping? i know i do it frequently for recovery D= i dont see it :(

maybe i'm blind though =/

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
what about bomb jumping? i know i do it frequently for recovery D= i dont see it :(

maybe i'm blind though =/
Young Link can't bomb jump.

Unless, of course, he's holding a bomb before being knocked off stage.

Desh.

Smash Lord
indeed. in wich case he can! D= it may only be one. but its still a bomb jump none the less... no ?

but yea its and awesome section anyways ...just thought i'de mention it xD

kennypoopoo

Smash Apprentice
I've read this once before and quickly skimmed over it again but isnt there something called bomb di as well ?

DAlegendarysamus

Smash Lord
HALL of Fame

Well for those people who have wonder what D.A has been up to for all these yrs and what not everyone take a look at the link that i am about to give to you its the dawn of a new era people the return of D.A. This link sends you too our site that has our latest content called " HALL OF FAME" IT's a section on our site dedicated to all the smashers that mastered thier characters and repped thier characters to the point that all the knew who they are and called them the best or one of the best with thier character(s) so with out further or due i bring to you the hall of fame: http://smashguardians.com/index.php?...=173&Itemid=28. Note that if anyone has any pictures of any of the players listed on the hall of fame just send DA and emial or emial me at: lewdawes@aol.com hope everyone enjoys peace.

rhan

Smash Hero
Question.

Say I have a bomb and I'm hanging off the edge. Is wall jumping into a bomb throw towards the stage a good or bad thing? Like for spacing purposes.

Or is it just better to edge hop then throw bomb.

Top Bottom