• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bomb Slide

Someturtlesaregreen

Smash Rookie
I think this was mentioned in a previous thread, but if a small amount of damage is dealt to a bomb (not enough to make it explode) on the ground, it will start moving rapidly across the stage. The problem was there was no consistent way to do it, and there still isn't. But I (or anyone who might of done this before) have found a way to do it semi consistently.

1) drop a bomb on the stage
2) shoot the bomb with a non-charged arrow
3) it should glide accross the stage until it explodes or falls off the stage

Although I know this has no real viability in an actual match, it could be used to style against people who don't know the match up, or just baddies in general. Plus, it looks cool

Example:

Edit: the version this was tested on was 1.0 so I'm not sure if it works in 1.02

Last edited:

Team Plasma N

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3952-8297-3456
I've actually been trying to experiment with this a bit, but unfortunately I can't consistently get it to work. I like to lay bombs in my gameplay, so making them slide at will would be a neat trick. I have seen a video of a Young Link doing it against a Link, seemed pretty cool.

Someturtlesaregreen

Smash Rookie
I'm not sure if there is any hitbox and data on a lone bomb, or if it would even help to learn more about this weird trick. Maybe the damage resistance of the bomb has something to do with it, I'm sure all of this had already considered. But there has to be a cause for everything, so the most that can be done is to just keep on experimenting with it.

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I think it can be useful if used well, and mastered.

Since the bomb is moving along the ground, Link can run beside it, forcing the opponent to do an option without Link having to do anything, then just react to the opponent's option, much like Villager's lloid.

Kawinkydink

Smash Rookie
I may have found a consistent and different set-up for this janky tech. (Pardon the quality)

It's also possible to re-catch the bomb that you collide the sliding bomb with before it falls off the stage which grants you even more explodey goodness. The sliding bomb has all the same properties of a regular bomb resting on the ground... except that it's moving. Other players can pick it up and it does not explode on collision. It's only useful from the right ledge since otherwise it just slides off the stage. That being said this takes wayyy too much time to set up. You practically hand your opponent central stage control while you're off kind of vulnerable doing this silly trick that (if it even hits) does 4%.

I would say only use in friendlies, or maybe your opponent doesn't know Link's weaknesses at all so they're camping you for some reason (even then any character with a projectile would only make the situation worse for you). Might be fun as a mix-up if you're really desperate. Add it to Link's bag of random useless/situational jank.

(Mind you I did this in 1.02)

Last edited:
Top Bottom