• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Body City Results [8/10/13 - Ann Arbor, MI]

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
A Melee, Brawl, and Project M Tournament
And Michigan Melee Summer Circuit Championship
August 10, 2013
Ann Arbor, MI
Brought to you by:
MIOM| Juggleguy (Rob)
Apasher (Aaron)
401k (Eric)
Ori_bro (Kalle)
Xatic (Scott)
WuvS (Dakota)
Original Thread:
Recorded Videos:

First of all, I'd like to apologize to everyone for PM Singles ending so late (after midnight) and subsequently the last two sets of Melee Singles ending very late as well. A number of reasons contributed to this: we had more Melee doubles / Brawl doubles entry overlap than I had expected which resulted in a lot of downtime at the beginning of the day, we got a WAY bigger turnout for PM Singles (48 entrants) than I had expected which was more than we could handle in our allotted PM Singles time, we saw every singles event go to Grand Finals Set 2 (Melee Singles, Brawl Singles, PM Singles) which ended up eating some extra time, and most notably we did a triple-elimination format for Melee Singles (46 entrants) which was a new and untested format for me that ended up eating a ton of time.

Long story short, I had to convert the first five rounds of PM Singles losers bracket into best-of-1 sets in the interest of time. We started PM Singles at around 8:30pm and any good TO knows that you can't possibly run a 48-entrant bracket in 2.5 hours (our venue closes at 11:00pm) even with the luxury of 9 PM setups. And even with the best-of-1 sets we still weren't done by 11:00pm, so at that time we moved to Cheseborough Auditorium in the adjacent building to finish there. Because of this, the last four sets of PM Singles aren't recorded, and the last two sets of Melee Singles also aren't recorded. Note that Melee Singles had completed up to Losers Semis by 6pm, but we halted it at that point to focus on PM and catching up on the triple-elimination bracket.

I can take comfort in knowing that not everyone was directly affected by the decisions that led to the late finish, but I also take full responsibility for those who were -- if you were eliminated in one of the Project M best-of-1 losers bracket sets and you were unhappy about that part of the tournament, contact me robharn@gmail.com and I will refund your PM entry back at the next tournament you come to. Overall, I still think it was an incredibly fun day and I hope everyone can take that away as well. The TOing team did an excellent job working with the schedule and resources they had. Just goes to show how well the Michigan scene is doing; if our biggest problem is "too many entrants" and "too much crossover attendance" then that's a good thing, and that's a good problem for any TO to have to solve.

I want to give special thanks to:
Aaron, Eric, Richard for helping out with TOing duties, especially with registration and Melee
Kalle, Scott, Dakota for helping out with TOing duties, especially with Brawl and PM
Roki, Logan for helping out with recording and livestreams on the Melee side
Kels, Vro, Oro?! for coming out from Chicago and making things more hype

And now for what you came to this thread for, the results.

Melee Singles (46 entrants)
1: Kalamazhu :peachmelee: ($200)
2: Kels :foxmelee: :sheikmelee: ($100)
3: Duck :samusmelee: ($60 + $70 circuit winnings)
4: Shaeden :falcomelee: ($40)
5: Shady :marthmelee: ($30 circuit winnings)
5: Abu :jigglypuffmelee:
7: Oro?! :falconmelee:
7: Slayertokey :falconmelee:
9: Juggleguy :falconmelee:
10: KJH :foxmelee:
11: 1der :foxmelee:
11: Blake :foxmelee:
13: Hellsing :marthmelee:
14: Bowyer :falcomelee:
15: Rh1thmz :falcomelee:
15: Butch G :peachmelee:
17: Tremor :sheikmelee:
18: Shibbypod :drmario:
19: Ikkitrix :falcomelee:
19: Zbet :sheikmelee:
21: Ally :falconmelee:
21: Roki :foxmelee:
21: General Heinz :falconmelee:
21: Shenanagans :icsmelee:
25: DarkLouis :foxmelee:
26: Sacredtwin :marthmelee:
27: BloodyJoker :foxmelee:
27: Funk
29: Djinn
29: Jim
29: Garzal
29: FF Xatic
33: THC
34: 401k
35: Mojo
35: Mordicun
37: Zyth
37: Axrz
37: Josh
37: BigDaddyPancakes
41: Faux
41: Moth
41: Awesomeatlife
41: WTP
41: SuperDragonYoshi
41: Ez
41: Treetz
Please help me fill in more Melee characters people used! I can't remember everyone.

Double-Elim Bracket:

Triple-Elim Bracket for 33rd place:

Triple-Elim Bracket for 25th place:

Triple-Elim Bracket for 17th place:

Triple-Elim Bracket for 13th place:

Triple-Elim Bracket for 9th place:

Melee Doubles (13 teams)
1: Duck + Slayertokey ($150)
2: Shaeden + HIV+ ($80)
3: Abu + Shady ($40)
4: KJH + Kalamazhu
5: Xatic + Zinoto
5: Bowyer + Ikkitrix
7: BigDaddyPancakes + Zyth
7: DarkLouis + Shibbypod
9: Moth + Mojo
9: NTG + Jim
9: SugarRoy + MarthMcGrath
9: PunkDaFunk + JWK
13: Ez + Josh

Brawl Singles (23 entrants)
1. Ally
($135)​
2. Zinoto
($70)​
3. LOE1
($25)​
4. L_Cancel
5. FF Ori_bro
5. lain
7. SoulPech
7. Bowyer
9. Oblivion
9. WTP
9. PzO
9. Zyth
13. DarkLouis
13. Nom
13. TheMann
13. Gifts
17. Lordy
17. Me9595
17. Tbird
17. Iceman
17. SupahDragonYoshi
17. KG92
17. DJINN

Brawl Doubles (8 teams)
1. Ally/Zinoto
|
($90)​
2. LOE1/L_Cancel
|
($50)​
3. Bowyer/TheMann
|
($20)​
4. SoulPech/Zyth
|
5. FF Ori_bro/FF Xatic
|
5. Lordy/DRDN
|
7. Me9595/Gifts
|
7. PzO/FF JTSM
|

Project M Crew Battle Exhibition Grudge Match: Michigan Melee vs Michigan Brawl

Michigan Melee
Shady (Ivysaur) (captain)
Duck (Marth)
Kalamazhu (Peach)
Slayertokey (Falcon)
Juggleguy (Falcon)
KJH (Fox)
Dre (Pikachu) (alternate)
Shaeden (Falco) (alternate)

Michigan Brawl
Ally (Ike) (captain)
Lain (Marth)
Zinoto (Mario)
WuvS (Ivysaur)
LOE1 (Wario)
Xatic (Falcon)
Lordy (Ike) (alternate)
Ori_bro (Ganon) (alternate)

Results:
Michigan Melee (24 stock) vs Michigan Brawl (24 stock)
KJH (4 stock) vs LOE1 (4 stock) - KJH wins with 1 stock remaining on Pokemon Stadium 2
Lain (4 stock) vs KJH (1 stock) - Lain wins with 4 stock remaining on Smashville
Juggleguy (4 stock) vs Lain (4 stock) - Juggleguy wins with 1 stock remaining on Pokemon Stadium 2
WuvS (4 stock) vs Juggleguy (1 stock) - WuvS wins with 4 stock remaining on Dream Land
Duck (4 stock) vs WuvS (4 stock) - Duck wins with 2 stock remaining on Pokemon Stadium 2
Zinoto (4 stock) vs Duck (2 stock) - Zinoto wins with 4 stock remaining on Smashville
Kalamazhu (4 stock) vs Zinoto (4 stock) - Kalamazhu wins with 1 stock remaining on Battlefield
Xatic (4 stock) vs Kalamazhu (1 stock) - Xatic wins with 1 stock remaining on Final Destination
Slayertokey (4 stock) vs Xatic (1 stock) - Slayertokey wins with 4 stock remaining on Final Destination
Ally (4 stock) vs Slayertokey (4 stock) - Ally wins with 1 stock remaining on Battlefield
Shady (4 stock) vs Ally (1 stock) - Shady wins with 3 stock remaining on WarioWare
Michigan Melee (3 stock remaining) defeats Michigan Brawl (0 stock remaining)

Help me out with the stage information, I forgot most of them!

Project M Singles (48 entrants)
1: Oro?! ($132) :zerosuitsamus:
2: Ally ($72) :ike:
3: Shady ($36) :ivysaur:
4: Kels :foxmelee:
5: Shaeden :falcomelee:
5: Vro :warioc:
7: JTSM :snake:
7: Lain (DQ'd) :fox:
9: Hellsing :marthmelee:
9: Xatic :falconmelee:
9: Duck :foxmelee:
9: 1der :mariomelee:
13: Tesla Coil :wario:
13: LOE1 :wario:
13: Abu :jigglypuffmelee:
13: fZk :lucas:
17: KJH :falcomelee:
17: Lordy :falconmelee:
17: Icy Penguigo
17: Bowyer :falco: :fox:
17: WuvS :ivysaur:
17: L_Cancel :mariomelee:
17: BigDaddyPancakes
17: Shenanagans
25: Josh
25: Maestro :fox:
25: Kalamazhu :peachmelee:
25: Garzal
25: Zyth :sheik: :dk:
25: Tutu :sheik:
25: SoulPech :jigglypuff:
25: Count Blanc :bowsermelee:
33: FF Ori_bro :ganondorf:
33: Axrz
33: Zinoto (DQ'd)
33: Gifts :sheik:
33: Dre
33: Matt
33: TBird :falconmelee:
33: Emmy
33: Ikkitrix
33: Monte
33: PZO :fox: :ike:
33: Nom :ivysaur:
33: me9595 :bowsermelee:
33: Zach
33: Hyper Crasher
33: BFlak :lucario:

If you're looking for more Melee action, you can look forward to the local tournament AMM 3 in a couple weeks in Southfield, and then the biggest Midwest Melee tournament of the year, The Big House 3, coming up this October in Ann Arbor. Don't forget to join the Michigan Melee Facebook group if you haven't done so already, as that's where most of the Michigan Melee discussion takes place these days.

If you're looking for more Brawl action, look for a local tournament to be posted by Ori and Xatic coming up shortly, and then the biggest Michigan Brawl tournament of the year, Phoenix Saga 6, coming up this December in Ann Arbor. Don't forget to check out the Big MI Discussion Topic as well, because the Michigan Brawl community still uses Smashboards unlike Michigan Melee :p

If you're looking for more Project M action, attend one of the Melee or Brawl tournaments referenced above. The nature of the Michigan Project M scene is that the game is typically attached as a side event to either Melee or Brawl tournaments; I haven't seen evidence of any Project M exclusive tournaments in Michigan yet, but if that changes, I will update this paragraph with information.

And lastly, if you have time today or this week, please write up some shoutouts or at least a few thoughts about the tournament here in this Smashboards thread. Always nice to see people doing that, and I'm always open to hearing on feedback about the tournament itself. Had a blast hosting this, thanks for coming, everyone!

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Premium
Good **** for JTSM at 7th, even though losers bracket of PM was fake.

I kinda wish I would have come, but family obligations. Hope the triple elim worked out well.

See a good bit of you next weekend maybe.

What should we do if we're looking for more P:M action?! D:
Alluded to above. Nerd Rage, Cincinnati, Ohio at Arcade Legacy next weekend.

Icemanx5746

Smash Apprentice
Yo, super fun tourny, the crew battle was awesome, I was happy to see everyone who came out for this awesome event

Shoutouts:
Ally: GGs man, you were really fun to play against, we should play friendlies sometime
L_cancel: Nice job on getting 4th, you're gonna beat Chris next time, right?
Zyth: Man, I just can't seem to figure out the DK matchup, GGs
DRDN: POKEMON TRAINEEEER
Djinn: GGs, you have potential, I just kinda know the Olimar matchup
Hyper Crasher: Keep on improving man, and keep getting those misfires
Maestro: Keep up the good work in P:M, it seems you've improved more and more at it every time I see you play

Shoutouts to Ori and Juggleguy for the great job they did at TOing this event
Shoutouts to :salt:
Shoutouts to No Show Cody
Shoutouts to Pichu dittos on Pokefloats

:denzel:

JTsm

Smash Master
The best to my knowledge....

4: Kels :fox:
5: Shaeden :falco:
9: Hellsing :marth:
9: Duck :fox:
9: 1der ???
13: Abu :jigglypuff:
17: L_Cancel :mario:
17: BigDaddyPancakes ???
17: Shenanagans :pikachu: :bowser:
25: Josh ???
25: Kalamazhu ???
25: Garzal ???
25: Count Blanc :bowser:
33: FF Ori_bro :ganon:
33: Axrz ???
33: Zinoto (DQ'd) :mario:
33: Dre ???
33: Matt ???
33: TBird :falcon:
33: Emmy ???
33: Ikkitrix ???
33: Monte ???
33: Nom :ivysaur:
33: me9595 :bowser:
33: Zach ???
33: Hyper Crasher ???

-------------------------------------------
Shoutouts:

1: Oro?! ($132) - Yooo congratz winning it all. Wished I played you more. :p
2: Ally ($72) - Nuuuuuu @ the crew battle. We''ll body them next time ;)
3: Shady ($36) - Wanted to play you. Oh well.
5: Shaeden - lol good games. I almost made the comback 1st game, but alas. There was some funny **** in our set.
5: Vro - lmao @ our friendlies xDDD Glad I didn't play you in bracket.
7: JTSM - yoooooo even though half of loser's bracket was garbage, I at least took out Abu and Hellsing xD
7: Lain (DQ'd) - lol@DQ. Glad to see you tho.
9: Hellsing - GG's in our set.
9: xatic - yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
13: Tesla Coil - GG's even tho Bo1.
13: LOE1 - LOE1 the legend continues.... good seeing you xD
13: Abu - yooo xD You'll **** me next time we play.
13: fZk - good seeing you man. Your Lucas is pretty vicious. I gotta always keep on my toes with you!
17: KJH - GG's but Bo1. ;/
17: Lordy - I would have MM you, but I was way too smashed out after getting knocked out xD Next time.
17: WuvS - YO BBY GURL. WANT SUM ***?
17: L_Cancel - yoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo
17: Shenanagans - yo, GG's in our MM and I'll deff watch more of your runs if you decide to do more. It was fun watching you beat yellow with save corruption. ;P
25: Maestro - Yoooo I know you'll get better.
25: Zyth - GG's in our friendlies.
25: SoulPech - D; Hope you had fun despite what happened.
25: Count Blanc - GG's in our set.
33: FF Ori_bro - Good **** hosting brah.
33: Zinoto (DQ'd) - ;/ You got Ally in WF, but you'll eventually beat him for good.
33: Gifts - yoo nice seeing you.
33: TBird - Yoooooo I just love your stache xDD We should have played friendlies yo.
33: PZO - TROLL HYPE LES GO. xDDDD It was fun seeing you man. You should deff troll more in tourneys xDD
33: BFlak - yooo thanks for coming out!

Genosamus(God) - It was fun chilling with you man. ;)
Rob - Thanks for TOing for PM. I won't mention anything else that you already touched upon.
Apasher - y u dun entr Pm?

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
Shoutouts

PzO - I have the best Brawl Sheik, and you know it. You're still as hilarious as ever tho.

DRDN - Learned my lesson lmao. Real talk tho, you stepped up since the last time we played.

Zinoto - JULIAN! Nice seeing you again.

HIV+ - I hate your Marth lol. Hopefully we get to play more at future Slayer/HIV fests. You're a smart player.

Kalamazhu - Good **** beating Kels and winning o_o. Sucks that I didn't get to see the set though.

KJH - Yo, you gotta teach me Fox one day.

JTSM - Good **** in P:M. Clearly you've stepped up.

WuvS - Shoutouts to Honey BBQ Bacon Burgers at Bdubs.

Xatic - Thanks for giving MI Melee the win in P:M crews :yeahboi:

Ori - Fun chilling with you and everyone else at Bdubs.

LOE1 - No faith in DDD. I would rather main Sheik.

Juggleguy - Glad I could help out. Yeah, triple elimination was a pain to organize. Hopefully we will get that format to work in the future.

Shaeden - Looking forward for more OoT runs. If you didn't notice, I was the one practicing Spirit Hover later in the tournament.

Blake - Your Fox has mad potential. I'll be going to you for Fox advice in the future.

Tutu - I miss watching your Brawl Sheik. Nice seeing you tho.

Shibbypod - Nice meeting you. Sorry about the mistake I made lol. Hope to see you at more tournaments.

Shoutouts to Chad for showing up to the tournament just to announce publicly that Melee is a bad game, and then dipping lmao.

Shoutouts to P:M crews for ruining my throat.

Shoutouts to fake Brawl hype.

Shoutouts to

Shoutouts to

Shoutouts to :sheik:

Shoutouts to Bdubs.

I apologize if I didn't give a shoutout to anyone.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
What should we do if we're looking for more P:M action?! D:
Updated the thread with this:

If you're looking for more Project M action, attend one of the Melee or Brawl tournaments referenced above. The nature of the Michigan Project M scene is that the game is typically attached as a side event to either Melee or Brawl tournaments; I haven't seen evidence of any Project M exclusive tournaments in Michigan yet, but if that changes, I will update this paragraph with information.

Xatic

Smash Lord
Shoutouts to me derping SUPER hard and forgetting about Peach's CG. :mad:

my b tho, all my fault.

Now that I'm home after a week and a half imma be that hermit for a few days. If I get to actual shoutouts it'll be in a day or two.

Hyper Crasher

Smash Apprentice
This was pretty fun to go to, I hope to go to more Smash tournies like this.
Shoutouts​
Nom: All those friendlies and that Melee set we played were all really fun, I think the best part was actually hitting the grab release combo twice after the up b sweetspot in the doubles match. Thanks for helping me learn the game more.​
Iceman: Friendlies was super fun, random all free for all was hilarious, thanks for helping learn the game more.​
DRDN: Thanks again for helping my cousin learn :kirby2: more, we should've got some offline friendlies in, maybe :mario2:vs:luigi2:
WuvS: You getting hype over my :yoshi2: has got me hype and now I want to use :yoshi2: more. Inspirational​
L_Cancel: Such a bully, but we should've gotten some friendlies in, kinda wanted to try offline :luigi2:vs:bowser2: in pm​
Maestro: Nice playing in pm, but we forgot the :ike:2v2 in pm D:​
TheMann: That sweetspot up b from :luigi2:was the hypest thing I saw all day.​
SoulPech:I managed to hit 3 rests that match, am I a good :jigglypuff:?​
KG92: Learn the game and :kirby2: more and you might see some really good growth in the future.​
Tutu: Your :sheik: was pretty amazing, put my :luigi2:and :warioc: down really quick.​
Shenanagans: :pikachu2:is a pretty cool character in pm, wished we could've played more matches though, Thanks for the :ganondorf: tips.​
Shoutouts to not being put on the Brawl Brackets​
Shoutouts to PM losers being best of 1​
Shoutouts to all those Melee setups​

Updated the thread with this:

West Michigan hosts project M exclusive tournaments.

Single elim losers was rough, I get we didn't have time, and I think you made the right call, but I think you all could have come to that conclusion before people started playing their bracket matches. I personally would have still entered, but I talked to a few people who would have refunded if they hadn't already played a set by the time it was announced.

Besides that fun tournament

Also since most of them will check this thread I'm challenging everyone in the brawl side of the crew battle besides ally zinoto and lain to a 10 dollar Bo3 P:M MM.

You guys all suck.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Top 9 pm was played out as a normal tournament bracket as was the entire winners side. Sucks for everyone who had to go through the best of 1 bs. So glad I avoided it. Shoutouts later.

FF WuvS

Smash Ace
NNID
Lostmagic103
WuvS: You getting hype over my :yoshi2: has got me hype and now I want to use :yoshi2: more. Inspirational

I will make you into the next big Yoshi. Next time I see you, I'll hit up up with all the Yoshi knowledge you will ever need.
But super awesome tourney, thanks Rob for hosting beast tourneys. Also, yay for being mention in helping the tourney. Yay for usefulness. :dr^_^:
Shoutouts later tonight, hopefully.

Anti Shoutouts to JTsm (Kyle) for ditching Geno and I to find a way home. You're cool.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
Yeah I was so scared when i heard bo1 in losers. if that was the format for losers, Oro would have got 5th :denzel:

Ggs everyone, I'll see you next summer. Had fun entering everything except Melee doubles.

JTsm

Smash Master
Anti Shoutouts to JTsm (Kyle) for ditching Geno and I to find a way home. You're cool.
My house was 15 minutes away and I didn't feel like driving another hour/hour and a half. lol.

I'm definitely cool. Thanks :denzel:

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
oh thx juggleguy for making my melee entry only 4$. You were the biggest potfiller this tournament <3.

Everyone else, once again, good ****. and lastly...

Kels, I don't have anything against you but stop being such a kid, I swear I met you 4 years ago and you were less of a kid than that. grow up you complain too much about PM and crap.

Nominate10

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-3932-8404
The best to my knowledge....

4: Kels :fox:
5: Shaeden :falco:
9: Hellsing :marth:
9: Duck :fox:
9: 1der ???
13: Abu :jigglypuff:
17: L_Cancel :mario:
17: BigDaddyPancakes ???
17: Shenanagans :pikachu: :bowser:
25: Josh ???
25: Kalamazhu ???
25: Garzal ???
25: Count Blanc :bowser:
33: FF Ori_bro :ganon:
33: Axrz ???
33: Zinoto (DQ'd) :mario:
33: Dre ???
33: Matt ???
33: TBird :falcon:
33: Emmy ???
33: Ikkitrix ???
33: Monte ???
33: Nom :falco:?
33: me9595 :bowser:
33: Zach ???
33: Hyper Crasher ???
I used Ivysaur in P:M, not Falco.

Rh1thmz

Smash Journeyman
Yo this tournament was sick nasty. Body City all around.

There's an error in the placings, though. Blake and Hellsing's placings should be switched, as Blake beat Hellsing in the 9th place bracket right before losing to KJH in the same place in the bracket that 1der lost to Juggleguy.

Shoutouts to come soon.

JTsm

Smash Master
Yeah Kels, get beat by MI Peach.

****ing foxes man.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Fixed Blake's placing.

7: Oro?! :falconmelee:
7: Slayertokey :falconmelee:
9: Juggleguy :falconmelee:
10: KJH :foxmelee:
11: 1der :foxmelee:
11: Blake :foxmelee:

A great victory has been had, gentlemen.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I nearly threw up inside my own mouth reading the above post. Gonna pretend I never saw it.

On a happier note, brackets for Melee Doubles, Melee Singles, and PM Singles are now posted.

Prince_Abu

Smash Lord
good tourney proud of kzhu but i thought that it couldve been run way better, espec if matches were called out regularly melee could've not only finished on time but the 3rd elimination couldve played out like it was supposed to

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
nice to see project m treated equally as the other games

wait

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
Good stuff in PM Juan.
Good stuff in Brawl Jason (you're still bad tho).
Get Bodied Lordy.
T-Bird still the best

Top Bottom