• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bob-Omg Social: Count to 300 bob-ombs!

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I doubt the Original 8 will ever miss a game. They're way too iconic!

The original unlockables are a little less sure though, with Ness almost being cut from Melee and Puff being one of the last characters made in Brawl.
-NBM-
Truth. I remember those days. Thankfully, I'm glad Ness got in with no problems in Brawl and Smash 4. I like how Nintendo is continuing to give a smaller franchise love, especially with Lucas coming back as well.
and yeah, Puff took a while to be confirmed for Smash 4 as well :/

Thankfully, Luigi and Falcon will stay safe out of the original unlockable 4 for years to come, depending on how many more Smash Bros. games are released. They're too popular and iconic.

Last edited:

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
68 Waddle Dees

:icsmelee: would probably at worst meet the same fate as :4dedede: but I'm pretty certain y'all can desynch Nana just as before to make y'all's opponent's life a living hell. :rosalina: is quite an acceptable successor to them, wouldn't y'all say?

Prometheus16

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4141-4106-0923
67 I wonder how the ICs would have worked without their chain grabbing ability they had in melee, and brawl..
I kind of feel like Sakurai would've made it so that when they grab you, both of them grab you at the same time...

Then again, the fact that Popo and Nana act somewhat separately is kind of what seperates them from...say....Olimar and his pikmin or Rosalina and Luma...
68 Waddle Dees

:icsmelee: would probably at worst meet the same fate as :4dedede: but I'm pretty certain y'all can desynch Nana just as before to make y'all's opponent's life a living hell. :rosalina: is quite an acceptable successor to them, wouldn't y'all say?
I don't really think so... (then again I never really played IC's at a higher level of play since I've only really played Smash 4 at a high level of play. Also: The way :rosalina:plays is confusing to me and I don't particularly like it...soooo....)

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
67 I wonder how the ICs would have worked without their chain grabbing ability they had in melee, and brawl..
-NBM-
In Project M, Icies lack chaingrab jank, so they have to resort to clever follow-ups. In PM they're seen as lower mid tier characters. Not bad, but...not nearly as good as before. So if they were in Smash 4, I doubt they'd be top tier, or even high tier, if PM is something to go off of.

Last edited:

Prometheus16

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4141-4106-0923
-NBM-
In Project M, Icies lack chaingrab jank, so they have to resort to clever follow-ups. In PM they're seen as lower mid tier characters. Not bad, but...not nearly as good as before. So if they were in Smash 4, I doubt they'd be top tier, or even high tier, if PM is something to go off of.
Yeah, but I don't know if you can really base Smash 4 off of PM...

Also: you're being pretty generous with these NBM's HNC (that's my newly made Acronym for you, by the way...)

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Yeah, but I don't know if you can really base Smash 4 off of PM...

Also: you're being pretty generous with these NBM's HNC (that's my newly made Acronym for you, by the way...)
Then I'll break the count :p ZERO!

And what other option do I have? What I'd like to see is Nintendo take a hint from PM and use it to their advantage concerning the re-design of the icies.

Prometheus16

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4141-4106-0923
*starts laughing* I knew you were going to break it! :laugh:
I'm sorry everyone, but I couldn't resist calling him out on it...

Also: I don't know...try and come up with stuff by yourself?

(maybe just give them better frame-data?)

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
*starts laughing* I knew you were going to break it! :laugh:
I'm sorry everyone, but I couldn't resist calling him out on it...

Also: I don't know...try and come up with stuff by yourself?

(maybe just give them better frame-data?)
-NBM-
I guess. We'll see if they're ever released for the Switch port.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
2 it's mostly because of the chain grab nerf. They'd probably be low tier since they don't have that much outside combo potential..

Also I thought they had chain grab in melee lol

It's still weird seeing you in red lol

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
2 it's mostly because of the chain grab nerf. They'd probably be low tier since they don't have that much outside combo potential..

It's still weird seeing you in red lol
-NBM-
It's weird for me too, man.
And that could be. They're barely middle tier in PM. They're just sorta average at everything in PM. If they had chaingrabs in PM like they did in Melee/Brawl, they'd be top tier, definitely.
Only time will tell if they're similar in another Smash game when compared to PM or not.

Prometheus16

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4141-4106-0923
I believe they do (I don't play Melee so don't quote me on that), but I think it's just that Wobbling is so much better that people just don't bother with Chain-Grabbing...

whoops...

My computer lagged and I double-posted.... >:/

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Nope. I don't even have a smart phone.

I only have a sliding phone...

Edit: why do you ask?
Because the Bob-omb thread has its own Discord server lol. Though you technically just need a desktop but both of the apps are the best to use.. But either way fine lol

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Last semester at my community college is Confirmed to be the semester that just passed :b:
GPA is a 2.01 1 point higher for the required GPA for Graduation :b:

Top Bottom