• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bob-Omg Social: Count to 300 bob-ombs!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Good. :seuss:

I will say, I've been watching Season 8 while also watching DKC, and the latter is certainly a thing. S8 has been acting as a palate cleanser for DKC, I need something nice to look at, dammit.
I've been more focused on a few other animated shows lately, but with one having recently ended it's current season and another having released most of it's newest episodes online early again, now's as good a time as any to finally catch up with this one.

I would imagine, given how things in that show can look....wonky and awkward, to say the least, lol.

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

I've been more focused on a few other animated shows lately, but with one having recently ended it's current season and another having released most of it's newest episodes online early again, now's as good a time as any to finally catch up with this one.
Hmm, I see. I know Steven Universe has aired a couple of episodes I need to get to watching.
I would imagine, given how things in that show can look....wonky and awkward, to say the least, lol.
I mean, hey, it's fun to mock, so there's that. And there's even the occasional okay episode every now and then. The show is weird; one episode you could be watching Bluster mix potions together to get a mountain of hair, shades, a suave voice, and the ability to create electricity and hypnotize people and then the next you could be watching an episode where DK's brain gets swapped into a robot and one of the songs sounds like a Daft Punk knock off. And then the next episode, you could get to a point where the characters have a rap battle. This show doesn't know the definition of reality and doesn't care to learn it, it's great lol

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
39 late replies

Hmm, I see. I know Steven Universe has aired a couple of episodes I need to get to watching.
You'll probably enjoy most of them. Good characterization, stories that are actually relevant to important current events in the show, good pacing, etc. I personally really enjoyed this set.

Two more episodes are due May 7th as well. Aside from the others being released online prematurely, it almost looks like the show is actually getting back on a more normal schedule.

I mean, hey, it's fun to mock, so there's that. And there's even the occasional okay episode every now and then. The show is weird; one episode you could be watching Bluster mix potions together to get a mountain of hair, shades, a suave voice, and the ability to create electricity and hypnotize people and then the next you could be watching an episode where DK's brain gets swapped into a robot and one of the songs sounds like a Daft Punk knock off. And then the next episode, you could get to a point where the characters have a rap battle. This show doesn't know the definition of reality and doesn't care to learn it, it's great lol
....it's starting to sound like the show doesn't know what it really wants to be (by that I really mean the writers didn't really know what they wanted the show to be about, lol), other than the usual "Extremely random slices of life with DK and friends and/or K. Rool does several different things to try and steal the powerful Crystal Coconut from the heroes" plots.

I remember that there's one episode where Bluster turns into a superhero. Was that it, with the potion? (I also remember that episode because there's a legitimately good villain song in it)

Actually, yeah, you summed it up well. It doesn't sound like it cares about reality in the slightest. Definitely sounds like it could be a guilty pleasure show lol.

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

You'll probably enjoy most of them. Good characterization, stories that are actually relevant to important current events in the show, good pacing, etc. I personally really enjoyed this set.

Two more episodes are due May 7th as well. Aside from the others being released online prematurely, it almost looks like the show is actually getting back on a more normal schedule.
Cool!
....it's starting to sound like the show doesn't know what it really wants to be (by that I really mean the writers didn't really know what they wanted the show to be about, lol), other than the usual "Extremely random slices of life with DK and friends and/or K. Rool does several different things to try and steal the powerful Crystal Coconut from the heroes" plots.

I remember that there's one episode where Bluster turns into a superhero. Was that it, with the potion? (I also remember that episode because there's a legitimately good villain song in it)

Actually, yeah, you summed it up well. It doesn't sound like it cares about reality in the slightest. Definitely sounds like it could be a guilty pleasure show lol.
Yeah, you can tell the writers were trying to come up with whatever could possibly work when... y'know, you have three games to work with, you could take some ideas for episodes from the games.

Hmm, I think it was the one where Bluster tries to act nice when he finds out that he's gonna die (he doesn't). That's a season 1 episode. The one I described is a season 2 episode and it doesn't have a villain song. But, it does have...this.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Yeah, you can tell the writers were trying to come up with whatever could possibly work when... y'know, you have three games to work with, you could take some ideas for episodes from the games.

Hmm, I think it was the one where Bluster tries to act nice when he finds out that he's gonna die (he doesn't). That's a season 1 episode. The one I described is a season 2 episode and it doesn't have a villain song. But, it does have...this.
Oh yeah, Leo Luster. I do remember reading that he had that total identity change in an episode. Looks like I mixed those two episodes up.

....I'm not totally sure what I just watched, but it was catchy, I'll admit.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

One of Us and Finest Hour, I think it was called?

Well, that wasn't hard to figure out. :p
Very close, but you're a bit off on that first one. Second one's correct though. :p

One of Us is great and definitely up there for me, but it's beaten out by only this:

(Really, I unironically enjoy most of the songs in this show, tbh. I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing.)

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

Very close, but you're a bit off on that first one. Second one's correct though. :p

One of Us is great and definitely up there for me, but it's beaten out by only this:

(Really, I unironically enjoy most of the songs in this show, tbh. I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing.)
Ah.

Depends on your definition of a bad thing. :p

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

MLP season premiere:

I like that the students found friendship among one and other almost all on their own, to the point where they stuck by each other's sides when the school suddenly closed down. Pretty sweet.

Chancellor Neighsay (what a fitting name) is an ***. Can't fully hate him though, if only for the fact that he's voiced by the same guy who voiced Brain from Pinky and the Brain (and because the episodes would be less interesting without it's conflicts).

Good storyline too, and while Twilight serving as a principal of a school is great and makes sense (especially when one of it's biggest goals is to bring people of different species together and, well, teach and form friendships :p) and Starlight probably has plenty of time to be a guidance counselor (which was a nice role she got, I must say) Although I do question how the other Mane 6 are supposed to manage being teachers when pretty much all of them have other jobs already.

All in all, good start to the season.

I'm not sure which one of the student characters is my favorite.

I'm leaning towards Ocellus, Gallus, and Silverstream so far, though.

Top Bottom