• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bob-Omg Social: Count to 300 bob-ombs!

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

You're describing a horror flick adaptation of this thread and the story is still about counting. :reverse:
...oh god.
Except catch up with a show, at least. :p

But hey, summer gives plenty of free time. Said free time can be put to laziness when you've got nothing else to do lol
True lol
Sometimes you gotta pause and think about things. For me it's, "I watched 2200+ minutes of this show in the span of 3 weeks." The dedication was strong, I liked it more than I expected to but wow did I burn through my summer, haha.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

...oh god.
The events of this thread chronicled and recreated in film, with the looming threat of moderators destroying thousands and thousands of Bob-ombs present during everything....

True lol
Sometimes you gotta pause and think about things. For me it's, "I watched 2200+ minutes of this show in the span of 3 weeks." The dedication was strong, I liked it more than I expected to but wow did I burn through my summer, haha.
Indeed. And at least you put the time to something you were starting to enjoy rather than towards nothing. :p

I don't think I've ever gone through a show I was trying to catch up with quite that quickly....

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

The events of this thread chronicled and recreated in film, with the looming threat of moderators destroying thousands and thousands of Bob-ombs present during everything....
It will not do well in the box office. Dare I say, it will be a box office bomb! :upsidedown:
Indeed. And at least you put the time to something you were starting to enjoy rather than towards nothing. :p

I don't think I've ever gone through a show I was trying to catch up with quite that quickly....
True, I was definitely enjoying my time with it, didn't take long to actually sell me on the show; it took like, what, 4 episodes?

I don't blame you for not doing it. I did the same with Steven Universe in a single weekend although that was easier to digest with its shorter episodes.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

It will not do well in the box office. Dare I say, it will be a box office bomb! :upsidedown:
.....I made a mistake in trying to build that joke up.

True, I was definitely enjoying my time with it, didn't take long to actually sell me on the show; it took like, what, 4 episodes?

I don't blame you for not doing it. I did the same with Steven Universe in a single weekend although that was easier to digest with its shorter episodes.
The premiere of S1 and the following two episodes?

I was sold fairly early on but then again I didn't start with the very beginning of the show. I instead initially ended up catching some season 4 re-runs that I really liked on TV.

Yeah, I just don't have quite enough opportunities to try that nor do I often feel like committing that much of my days into binging shows very often anymore. These past several months in particular, I suppose. I'm saying that because once I got back into Steven Universe (I got lazy and stopped watching in about 2015 a few episodes after Lapis debuted for some reason, before finally resuming my catch-up binge in 2016) I tried to watch episodes as often as I could. I might not have caught up with anything in 3 weeks or less, but there have been previous times where I go for marathoning episodes to catch up with a show. I haven't put much time into catching up with a show like I did with Steven Universe since that point....

As for how you got through SU, yeah, I would imagine it would be considerably easier with most individual episodes being so much shorter. That's still pretty impressive even so.

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

.....I made a mistake in trying to build that joke up.
It was at this moment King knew; he ****ed up. :p
The premiere of S1 and the following two episodes?

I was sold fairly early on but then again I didn't start with the very beginning of the show. I instead initially ended up catching some season 4 re-runs that I really liked on TV.

Yeah, I just don't have quite enough opportunities to try that nor do I often feel like committing that much of my days into binging shows very often anymore. These past several months in particular, I suppose. I'm saying that because once I got back into Steven Universe (I got lazy and stopped watching in about 2015 a few episodes after Lapis debuted for some reason, before finally resuming my catch-up binge in 2016) I tried to watch episodes as often as I could. I might not have caught up with anything in 3 weeks or less, but there have been previous times where I go for marathoning episodes to catch up with a show. I haven't put much time into catching up with a show like I did with Steven Universe since that point....

As for how you got through SU, yeah, I would imagine it would be considerably easier with most individual episodes being so much shorter. That's still pretty impressive even so.
Yup.

Ah, wonder how that went. I remember hearing about AoL getting you into the show. The process had to have been like 'Be convinced to try it, tune in to watch, turn out liking it, and watching more' or something like that.

I'm not even trying to set records, this is just how I watch stuff apparently.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

It was at this moment King knew; he ****ed up. :p
Indeed it was....

Yup.

Ah, wonder how that went. I remember hearing about AoL getting you into the show. The process had to have been like 'Be convinced to try it, tune in to watch, turn out liking it, and watching more' or something like that.

I'm not even trying to set records, this is just how I watch stuff apparently.
Ah, thought so. :p

It was sort of like that. I will say the interest AoL and a few other members here had in it helped get me a bit more curious, enough to try watching the show on my own accord, rather than anyone personally suggesting it to me. Saw a few episodes, liked it, and had the interest to continue and felt I was prepared to call myself a fan of it.

Apparently so. I kinda wish I did have the time and motivation to breeze through some shows like you have, considering there are still other shows I'm planning to catch up with.

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

Ah, thought so. :p

It was sort of like that. I will say the interest AoL and a few other members here had in it helped get me a bit more curious, enough to try watching the show on my own accord, rather than anyone personally suggesting it to me. Saw a few episodes, liked it, and had the interest to continue and felt I was prepared to call myself a fan of it.

Apparently so. I kinda wish I did have the time and motivation to breeze through some shows like you have, considering there are still other shows I'm planning to catch up with.
That was pretty much how it was for me, as well. There was a lot of it going around at the time, so much so, you could forget it was a counting thread. :p
But I was actually curious and I knew about it already because how could I not considering the internet.

Uh, I'm probably not the best source of inspiration, just saying lol

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
4 Dead Nohrians

From the looks of sonething in the Nintenzone, it looks like the image uploader's broken again.

Guess that means I get to spend more time being Twilight Sparkle. I could get used to this.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
5 restless nights.

How long has the image uploader issue been around again?

That was pretty much how it was for me, as well. There was a lot of it going around at the time, so much so, you could forget it was a counting thread. :p
But I was actually curious and I knew about it already because how could I not considering the internet.

Uh, I'm probably not the best source of inspiration, just saying lol
Sometimes I kinda would with how social everyone here started getting over the years, but I pretty much never neglected to at least put a number in. :p

Not surprised about that, it showed at least a little presence all over the Internet for a while, so because of that I knew about it years before too. It wasn't until 2014 that I got curious enough to actually try watching some episodes.

I'm mostly saying that because I'd rather quickly catch up to something asap and just be done with it instead of letting myself get lazy and neglect it altogether, often letting myself fall behind on it further and then temporarily forget about it as a result. I mean, I've got shows that I've been wanting to catch up with since like 2014 and have still yet to finish and in some cases even start, lol

Last edited:

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

Sometimes I kinda would with how social everyone here started getting over the years, but I pretty much never neglected to at least put a number in. :p
Yeah true, I was surprised how many people were into the show here. This isn't the place I expected that from. There were like several people at least that watched the show, and the frequency of posts about ultimately made me curious and here we are now.
Not surprised about that, it showed at least a little presence all over the Internet for a while, so because of that I knew about it years before too. It wasn't until 2014 that I got curious enough to actually try watching some episodes.
It was hard not to see it, hell, I think there were news sources covering the surge in popularity and the fanbase it amassed. You'd have to be purposely ignoring it or living under a rock.
I'm mostly saying that because I'd rather quickly catch up to something asap and just be done with it instead of letting myself get lazy and neglect it altogether, often letting myself fall behind on it further and then temporarily forget about it as a result. I mean, I've got shows that I've been wanting to catch up with since like 2014 and have still yet to finish and in some cases even start, lol
True, but still. Don't look to me for inspiration, my ideas are bad. :p

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Probably about two years now.
Hoping they'll find a permanent fix to it sooner or later...

Yeah true, I was surprised how many people were into the show here. This isn't the place I expected that from. There were like several people at least that watched the show, and the frequency of posts about ultimately made me curious and here we are now.
Being fair it didn't use to be that way.

If some of us were never curious enough as we were, I'd bet this place too would've turned out fairly different, haha.

It was hard not to see it, hell, I think there were news sources covering the surge in popularity and the fanbase it amassed. You'd have to be purposely ignoring it or living under a rock.
That or extremely new to the Internet, as I was in about 2009 lol. That particular example's not the best though since the show and in turn it's eventual fanbase didn't exist yet.

True, but still. Don't look to me for inspiration, my ideas are bad. :p
I'll take your word for it, lol.

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

Being fair it didn't use to be that way.

If some of us were never curious enough as we were, I'd bet this place too would've turned out fairly different, haha.
Yeah, some of us may have started to like pineapple on pizza instead. :p
That or extremely new to the Internet, as I was in about 2009 lol. That particular example's not the best though since the show and in turn it's eventual fanbase didn't exist yet.
True, but I figured it was worth mentioning.
I'll take your word for it, lol.
As you should. :p

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

Yeah, that's fair. :lol:

How is that even possible?
I dunno, how did we come into existence? How can John Cena turn invisible? How was anime created? Questions we'll never know the answer to and thus 'puns being my life source' suddenly does not require an answer. :seuss:

Top Bottom