• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Blurring Blade (in review)

Hoomon

Smash Rookie
So since this games launch I have been using blurring blade of all neutral specials and honestly for the longest time never even considered the others. Now some of you may wonder why that is, I mean the move doesn't give you a projectile or set up for an up b/up air. Well the thing is, it would be underrated because actually the move has a lot of amazing properties. It stalls in the air, can be reversed like a falcon punch, comes out REALLY FAST, can be charged, and all of these factors would make it an insane rolling punish tool and edge guarding monster. The only issue is that I said "would" and why is that? Blurring Blade doesn't work, it just doesn't. It hits enemies on the ground just fine, doing good damage, and being a decent punish. However in the air for some unfortunate reason I discovered something last night, the enemy can literally spam airdodge and just leave before the last hit connects. Suddenly unless you only hit them with the very last hit, they dodge out and you get like 2 damage.

This has really been breaking me inside, the move would otherwise be SO GOOD, like not even broken good but still a great option. You could play this really cool aggressive playstyle that has a lot of potential but NOOOOO the last hit just has to be dodgeable while in the hitstun of the other hits because of the TINY GAP between the 2nd to last hit and the finisher. It isn't even percent dependant, they can get out anywhere from 0% to 999% I checked. It just sucks I have been training my Gale stab, skyward slash, power thrust, blurring blade memelord moveset for a month now and suddenly I learned my favorite move in the entire game is awful for absolutely no good reason.

For now I suggest just using Shuriken or Tornado. I doubt it will ever be fixed either due to how unknown this problem is and how Nintendo determines problems.

LightKnight

Smash Journeyman
Ouch.. Thats unfortunate.. Hopefully they 'fix' that in the future then.

Top Bottom