• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BLIZZOBBLING! (New IC Infinite!)

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
After a serious conference with RaynEX I have decided that Canadian tournaments will refer to Blizzard infinites as Blobbling and jab infinites as Jabobbling.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
O: Nice I want to grab again my dusted Melee and practice this!
woah wtf is wrong with you? you don't do it to your melee disk you do it when your playing the game OK?

also wobbles should put a link to this thread in his wobbleing sticky.

also I think we all should have arre own F***ed up name for this has so manyy amnazing names it could and does have there is no way any us can argee on anything.

also at PEEF maybe you could try doing this again http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=274911

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I have been doing this in friendlies recently.

Well, I have never low%-deathed anyone because I feel like I'll mess up, but I consistently do 3 blizobbles then throw. Its pretty cool.

Personally, I think the more names the better. Confusion is good. So much stuff, so unbannable.

The Jabobble is easy once started, but for me, difficult to start.

B.W.

Smash Champion
Should be called the Icycle. Get it? Icicle? Cycle like repeating? I-Cycling? Icycle?

Oh-ho-ho. Random post and that is all.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I actually like that.

I call it blizzobbling and I do this regularly now.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
i like it more than wobbling and it's not that hard to do once you learn the timing, but i have trouble setting it up for some reason. i guess since i never learned wobbling in the first place i have a bad habit of defaulting to d-throw or something as soon as i grab.

the timing changes from 1.0/1.1 to 1.2 (so it might not be worth learning over wobbling) but it does work in all versions.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
The timing isn't different if all you do is bliz>headbutt>blizz>headbutt.

I do 2 or 3 of them and it gets more respect than wobbling. I still mess up regularly.

smakis

Smash Ace
is there any need to time the blizzard? Dont you want to blizzard asap after the headbutt meaning you only need to time the headbutt, then just mash b until you get the blizzard? Or maybe you **** it up if the correct timing occurs inbetween mashes lol

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
You could mash the blizzard, but it's probably easier to learn the timing of the headbutt if you don't (not to mention timing the blizzard isn't the hard part in the first place). Wait for the end of the blizzard, headbutt, immediately input blizzard (once), and if the blizzard doesn't come out it's probably because you headbutted too early.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Peef continues to demonstrate his near-perfect grab game.

While simultaneously demonstrating his significantly less perfect non-grab game.

<3 Peef

Vts

Smash Champion
Okay, but I don't play this character lol.
Johns :D,

ah son your other father would be proud since you both play sheik but i'm talking tec0 into picking up IC lol.

u should also just for lulz

i picked up sheik for lulz :S.

i even helped the sheik community by posting ledge cancel up-bs that no one will ever do :D

Vanitas

Smash Ace
PEEF, is there like some secret on how you have such a beautiful grab game? lol
Is there any wisdom you would like to share on how you got the blobbling down so well? :p

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Johns :D,

ah son your other father would be proud since you both play sheik but i'm talking tec0 into picking up IC lol.

u should also just for lulz

i picked up sheik for lulz :S.

i even helped the sheik community by posting ledge cancel up-bs that no one will ever do :D
I mained IC for a year. I'm not going back to them. There's too much new stuff to learn and their onstage has become really complicated. I'm a simple man. I like it when my tilts combo to aerials.

The only new character I'm playing nowadays that isn't a top tier is Game & Watch.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
PEEF, is there like some secret on how you have such a beautiful grab game? lol
Is there any wisdom you would like to share on how you got the blobbling down so well? :p
Assuming you aren't making fun of me:

For the blizzobble/blobble, yes it requires practice but there are tricks. First of all, don't try to mash the buttons. I only press a once and b once when doing this. The timing is super strict, but keep in mind that the b press doesnt come immediately after the a press. I'd say its something like a third of a second imbetween them.

So heres how it works. They are getting blizzarded, then as it finishes (wait longer than you would think) press a. A third/quarter of a second or so (again, longer wait than you would think, NOT as fast as you can) press b (you should be holding down already.) If done properly, this will result in a perfect transition to another bliz. Then just repeat.

I am going to start adding in the headbutt during the bliz. I want to make a video of a 0-death blizzobble. The most I have done in a row is 13, and during a match I can almost always get 3 or 4 in before I want to throw. If I just bliz to my hearts content, I probably average 5 or 6 before the breakout.

Speaking of breakouts, there are 2 places where they can break out, and when they break out tells you how you are doing it wrong:

Break out right before the blizzard: This one means you are headbutting too early, or blizzarding too late. There is a perfect gap you need to maintain between the headbutt and the blizzard. You screwed that gap up and the time inbetween was too long.

Break out right after the blizzard: This means you are headbutting too late. The timing for the headbutt is the hardest part. If they are breaking out before the headbutt hits, quicken it up just a little. When I was in my early stages of practicing this, I would judge by when nanas "blizzard backhand" dissapears. If you blizzobble and watch nana you will know what I mean. When her hand disappears behind popo's back, that is a decent indicator of when you should headbutt.

In conclusion:

Blizzard> (wait until around when nana's hand disappears) headbutt > (wait a quarter/third of a second) blizzard again.

Vanitas

Smash Ace
whoops sorry i meant in all seriousness, like i saw how you chaingrabbed a sheik all around yoshis story, your grab game is REALLY good. Sorry if you thought i was making fun of you >_<

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
PEEF, I think the blizzard is more like a sixth of a second after the headbutt, which is pretty much instantaneous. You don't have to jam your finger to B like you're multishining, but you basically go from A/Z to B without any kind of pause in between. At least that's how I think about it.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
PEEF, I think the blizzard is more like a sixth of a second after the headbutt, which is pretty much instantaneous. You don't have to jam your finger to B like you're multishining, but you basically go from A/Z to B without any kind of pause in between. At least that's how I think about it.
Aw naw hell naw main.

Deff not. It's very casual. Press A then press B. Do them right after another, but it is a natural speed. You shouldn't have to try at all. I'm quite sure I've got this down.

0-death Blizzobble I just threw together since the last post:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-EX0JiR0fs

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
I don't have to try at all, but I also definitely don't try to delay it.

Edit --

Magus said:
You headbutt right as the blizzard disappears then press down-b as close to 10-11 frames afterwards as you can for the easiest timing.
= sixth of a second, you can't really think about it as it passes

Also, in 1.0/1.1, headbutt twice -> d-throw during the final blizzard for damage and easy timing.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Yeah but it is not at all like doubleshining, which is like half that.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Oh im a bad listener.

Regardless, a quick yet comfortable a then b tap is what does it.

smakis

Smash Ace
is it just me or was the difficulty of this a bit exaggerated? managed to 0-death after 20 minutes or so of trying, another 2-3 hours to start doing 5 or so more consistently (then i completly dropped the timing for 30 minutes lol).

Easiest for me is to ignore everything except nanas hand sticking out the back of popo, once it disappears i press a > b as fast as I can

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Frame perfect BLIZZOBBLING / Blizzard Infinite:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXO2ftxYLGk
I just did this except in real time and without AR.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-EX0JiR0fs

Easiest for me is to ignore everything except nanas hand sticking out the back of popo, once it disappears i press a > b as fast as I can
PEEF! said:
Break out right after the blizzard: This means you are headbutting too late. The timing for the headbutt is the hardest part. If they are breaking out before the headbutt hits, quicken it up just a little. When I was in my early stages of practicing this, I would judge by when nanas "blizzard backhand" dissapears. If you blizzobble and watch nana you will know what I mean. When her hand disappears behind popo's back, that is a decent indicator of when you should headbutt.
=P

I think it's decently hard to apply in match. But some people catch onto certain things easier than others. And going from a>b as fast as you can won't work, unless your "as fast as possible" is miserably slow.

smakis

Smash Ace
I kinda exaggerated, but it's still isnt slow enough for you to think "ok now I wait a little before i press b" =P

ps
dolphin + n64 pad = comfterable practice in front of my computer without having to bring my *** to the tv <3

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
Hey, you can immediately blizzard when you land a grab by just holding Down + B. It's like the dodge/roll/taunt desynch.

Dunno if this was mentioned yet. Just thought it would help if more people knew.

Top Bottom