• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Blizzard General Support Thread

What Blizzard title would you like represented in Smash?

• Total voters

Zyliee

Smash Cadet
Decided to whip this up since Blizzard is basically underdog when it comes to people asking for stuff from their games, rarely will you see activity in the threads. A good factor being that Blizzard is mostly PC and rarely had titles on a Nintendo system and the last decade has us seen them withering away by fusing themselves with a powerful evil known as Activision. And while Activision is now the rotting heart inside the husk of Blizzard and have mascots of their own that are heavily requested such as Spyro and Crash Bandicoot, this is to focus on the stuff Blizzard became famous with and what ideas people can openly suggest would be cool. From Characters and movesets, music you want to hear remixed, stage ideas to fit games, Mii outfits and more; talk about it. While Blizzard is a shadow of themselves, they do have memorable characters to bring

For those who have never touched a Blizzard IP, Here is a quick intro to their most famous franchises

WARCRAFT: Developed in 1994, Warcraft Orcs vs Humans was one of the gold stars in early RTS history and helped set the standard and later produced two sequels of equally high content and the infamous "World of Warcraft" that still continues today in a less then grand glory. It's most notable characters are those of Warcraft 3: Thrall: Shaman and Orc Warlord of the Horde, Arthas Menethil: Better known as the Lich King, Sylvanas Windrunner: Leader of the Forsaken and Illidan Stormrage: Night Elf Demon Hunter whose lines echoing cry lingers throughout vidya history. Also known for it's spinoff card game, Hearthstone.

DIABLO: From Blizzard North in 1997, Diablo is a memorable Hack and Slash whose later titles have joined the Switch Library. Dark Gothic style, Demons and a Secret Cow Level is well known among fans that this was even the game Blizzard devs said they would put into Smash, with Diablo being the bid baddy to join the cast before any of the other classes (Although that is why we got Mii's)

STARCRAFT: Can't call this lesser known brother to Warcraft, due to the massive popularity of this game in Korea as an E-sport before the whole push for it in the 2010's. But released in 1998, It's know for having 6 titles in it's life span. Starcraft and Brood War, The Starcraft 3 trilogy and 'Starcraft 64'; a title unique to the Nintendo 64 that was simply not a port but it's own campaign. While it has memorable characters such as Raynor, Kerrigan and Zeratul; it's not the most prominent among the other titles. Maybe if they actually made Starcraft: Ghost...

OVERWATCH: 2016 gave us the newest of the Blizzard IP's, A team shooter that slowly became an E-sport and whose stage went from bright lights and screams to a rotten tomato testing range among some fans due to numerous changes that made for stale games with little experimentation. With a 'sequel' coming soon, there are many characters to argue that would fit in.

THE LOST VIKINGS: THE OG BLIZZARD TITLE! With it being one of their first titles in 1992 for the SNES and Genesis, a sequel in 1997 and... Well, you get big on Warcraft that you only refrence these guys in everything. Three Dwarves to puzzle and smash your way through obstacles to get through levels. It's a crime to not mention these.

Zyliee

Smash Cadet
I'll put it also out there that while the best option for characters is probably a home field. A great alternative would just be another Blizzard game not mentioned above, mostly due to the game being a crossover of Blizzard games known as "HEROES OF THE STORM", which a game based on that to help showcase Blizzard icons who didn't make it in the background would be quite interesting to see them cheer on as cameos along with random events like a Zergling swarm invading the bottom or Deathwing flying overhead to roast part of the stage, or whatever other cameos you would turn off by removing Hazards.

Inferno7

Smash Journeyman
Diablo is based and a very underrated pick, I actually thought it was him when I saw the lava (yeah I know, I couldn't catch all the references at first because I watched the trailer during an exam). Would be one of my MWs if he wasn't so damn unlikely though, who wouldn't want to play as a literal demon in Smash? with that being the one who inspired the dungeon based RPG subgenre? All things considered he's a gaming icon that comes from a very influential franchise.

Most people would seethe at the sight of him getting in before Crash though, which is why I imagine is one of the reasons he isn't often requested. Also the fact he may be hard to translate because, well, spirits and he's kind of Satan himself.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I would absolutely love a character from Warcraft, Starcraft, or Diablo. My top two picks are Illidan and Sarah Kerrigan. We’ll be discussing Kerrigan next week in the Character Exploration thread and I plan on nominating Illidan soon as well since I made a support thread for each of them.

Just to let you know, I made the same thread a while ago but it never really got any replies so feel free to post there:

Last edited:

Zyliee

Smash Cadet
I would absolutely love a character from Warcraft, Starcraft, or Diablo. My top two picks are Illidan and Sarah Kerrigan. We’ll be discussing Kerrigan next week in the Character Exploration thread and I plan on nominating Illidan soon as well since I made a support thread for each of them.

Just to let you know, I made the same thread a while ago but it never really got any replies so feel free to post there:

Ha, same mind then. I apologize as I simply checked the directory if such exists and will head to there to post when I can finish a little something I am working on.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Ha, same mind then. I apologize as I simply checked the directory if such exists and will head to there to post when I can finish a little something I am working on.
No worries 😊. For some reason several of my support threads never really made it onto the directory so it’s a totally understandable oversight. My threads could use all the love they can get so I’d be glad to have you over there.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'm torn.

On one hand, there is Warcraft- a pioneer of its genre, one of the best selling PC games of all time, and just straight up legendary.
On the otherhand, we have Overwatch- the game that took over an entire generation, full of amazing character, and the one I signficantly prefer to play.

While I would choose Warcraft over Overwatch, I would choose Tracer over any other Blizzard character.
Which is still behind the other half of its company, Activision (Crash and Spyro).

I just want the door opened with this company.

Top Bottom