• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pacific West BLG Smash Tarn #45

BLG Smash Tarn #45
Posted by Jaguarandine
Benicia Public Library
Saturday, March 2, 2024 - 01:00 PM
Until: Saturday, March 2, 2024 - 09:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/Los_Angeles)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Los_Angeles

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Suitable Cakes

Smash Rookie
NNID
4Gromit
Switch FC
SW-3775-7779-1964
Sorry I accidentally replied without any texts
Next tournament will be Saturday, July 28th. I'll add more details later.
Sorry I accidentally replied without any text. Do you have an idea when the next time is for one of these.

Jaguarandine

Smash Journeyman
The next tournament is on August 19th, which is a Sunday. We've never had a Sunday tournament before, so hopefully everyone still comes!

Btw, the library has purchased 2 Nintendo Switch consoles, so we will be getting Smash Ultimate when it comes out. When released, it will be replacing Smash 4 in our tournament lineup. Also considering adding Rivals of Aether or another fighting game (Brawhalla? DBFZ?) in the winter.

Last edited:

Jaguarandine

Smash Journeyman
I adjusted the start time slightly for the tournament. Hopefully more people will be able to show up. Also, Puresalt will be making his return to Melee.

Last edited:

Cjuarez562

Smash Rookie
I want to donate my copy of melee but i lost the case is there another method of bringing the game in something protective?

Jaguarandine

Smash Journeyman
Any CD jewel case will do. Otherwise something like a book might protect the disk temporarily, but i wouldn't worry much since it's a short trip and we have cases at the library. You're welcome to bring your copy for the tournament. If you're under 18 and want to donate though make sure you get parent's permission first.

Enrique Martinez-Cruz

Smash Rookie
Phil you should have both doubles and singles for the last 2 tournaments! It would be awesome if you could and I can help run the tournament as well. I would really enjoy this if it happened for the last 2 Monthly’s of Smash 4

Jaguarandine

Smash Journeyman
We're considering doubles for the last Smash 4 tournament before Ultimate. We'll probably take a vote.
The next tournament date is scheduled for Nov 29th.

Jaguarandine

Smash Journeyman
Doubles for Smash 4 is confirmed. We're going to allow people time at the beginning to form teams, and we'll be using the current standard doubles ruleset.

Jaguarandine

Smash Journeyman
By the way, we're having a Smash Ultimate launch event on December 7th at the library from 2 to around 5:30 PM. There will be no tournament, but it should be a fun casual gathering for everyone (our first Ultimate tournament will be on the 15th). Everyone is invited to attend. Please bring your own controller and money for pizza if you want some.

Last edited:

Jaguarandine

Smash Journeyman
Hi everyone. The library is holding our first Ultimate tournament. We don't know how many people will be attending, so we'll only be playing Ultimate in tournament this month. PM and Melee will of course be available in casuals.

Jaguarandine

Smash Journeyman
The next tournament is Saturday, January 26th. PM and Melee will be returning as well. Hope to see our regulars there!

Last edited:

EGsmash

Smash Apprentice
I might try to come out for the 26th. I've never been at a live tournament and I'm curious to see what it's like. Is the start time 3pm or 4? Do people have to come early to register or just show up whenever? pardon my ignorance.

Jaguarandine

Smash Journeyman
Hi! Sorry for the late reply. The next tournament is on Sunday, June 23rd. I'll update the first post when I get a chance.

Last edited:

Charpap

Smash Rookie
Where is the sign up check off. I keep trying to sign up but I can’t

Top Bottom