• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pacific West BLG Smash Tarn #45

BLG Smash Tarn #45
Posted by Jaguarandine
Benicia Public Library
Saturday, March 2, 2024 - 01:00 PM
Until: Saturday, March 2, 2024 - 09:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/Los_Angeles)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Los_Angeles

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Young Neal

Smash Rookie
Is this still happening? I know there’s been a lot of power outages in the area I just want to make sure

Jaguarandine

Smash Journeyman
Thank you asking! I posted a response, but it didn't post. Due to the fires and the power outages in Vallejo and Benicia, the Benicia Library Monthly is cancelled. :(

Jaguarandine

Smash Journeyman
Hello everyone! The Benicia Library is holding it's next tournament on Tuesday November 26th. I'm going to update the first post shortly.

Jaguarandine

Smash Journeyman
The next library tournament will be on January 19th. Smash 4 will be returning to the lineup! The first post will be updated shortly.

Jaguarandine

Smash Journeyman
Hi everyone. We've been laying low the last few months, but we've been busy. We've been running online tournaments! I'm updating the first post to reflect this change. I hope you'll join us.

TheElementalCow

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 6474 2850 7998
The library is holding our regular monthly for Smash Ultimate, Project M, and Melee. Except now, due to the coronavirus pandemic, everything is totally online. Entry is completely free, and anyone is allowed to attend. If you're running late, just post here or in any other relevant place and we'll put you in the bracket. However, please people, if you live in Hawaii, don't join our Ultimate tourney. It's hard enough to play that game online as it is.

Non-local players are asked to bring their own controller. We allow play with any controller, just remember to disconnect after every match, or you may be DQ'ed.

We will be using the following rulesets:
Melee: Evo 2018
PM: Smash & Splash 2019
Smash Ultimate: Genesis 7

Sign-ups start at 5
Tournament will begin between 6 and 7
Ends whenever we're done (based on turnout), so be prepared to stay a while.

If you're non-local, try to sign up in advance by posting here or on Smash.gg so we can get an idea of turnout. If there are more players than we can handle, then those who just show up might not be included.

Due to time constraints, you may only signup for 2 out of the 3 games.

Of course, the number of matches we play is dependent on the number of consoles we have. if you could bring one and/or the copy of the game you want to play (especially Melee), that would be great.

Brackets are generally seeded with local players in mind. Let us know if you're playing your friend in the 1st round though.

There will be minimal prizes, keep expectations low!

We will have free snacks available and pizza. People, I know you want to eat delicious food while at the tournament. So, do yourself a favor and donate $5 for pizza. We get good stuff, not the cheap kind. If everyone brought $5 we would have more than enough food to go around. Believe me, most people say no until it actually arrives. Donating less than $5 is cool too; we just want everyone to enjoy.

Check out our YouTube channel where we (infrequently) post matches of previous tournaments (youtube.com/BeniciaLibraryGames). Get far enough, and maybe you'll make it into a video!

Link to Smash.gg page: https://smash.gg/tournament/bpl-smash-tarn-4/
Thanks everyone, and see you there!
y'know. After all these years I might make a return

Jaguarandine

Smash Journeyman
Small update: We've decided to add Small Battlefield to the stagelist. It will replace PS2 as a starter and PS2 will become a counterpick.

TheElementalCow TheElementalCow we'd be happy to have you back! Try to sign up on Smash.gg first. Turnout looks small there, but local players aren't required to sign up; I'm just trying to get a guage of non-local player turnout. We average around a dozen or so for the online tournaments.

Jaguarandine

Smash Journeyman
New tournament everyone! Saturday, December 12th. We're having it a little early in the month in anticipation of the holidays.

Jaguarandine

Smash Journeyman
We'll be having our first online tournament of the new year on Tuesday, January 26th. Check out the first post for more details. Try to sign up in advance through Smash.gg.

Jaguarandine

Smash Journeyman
Hello. The next online tournament is April 20th. We're still not yet talking about in-person tournaments, unfortunately. However, it should still be a good event.

Jaguarandine

Smash Journeyman
Hi everyone. We have a new tournament this month, on Saturday the 22nd. I updated the first post to reflect this. Comments, question, concerns? Feel free to PM me or ask here. Thanks.

Jaguarandine

Smash Journeyman
Hi, it's me again. The next online tournament is on August 10th. Updated the first post. Still no timetable for in-person tournaments at the library. I hope you'll join us!

Jaguarandine

Smash Journeyman
We're hosting another online tournament on Tuesday, October 19th. While there are some in-person tournaments returning, we'll be sticking with online for now. I'll keep everyone updated.

Also, let me know if there's interest in the new Nickelodeon fighting game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom