• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pacific West BLG Smash Tarn #45

BLG Smash Tarn #45
Posted by Jaguarandine
Benicia Public Library
Tuesday, October 19, 2021 - 04:00 PM
Until: Tuesday, October 19, 2021 - 11:59 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/Los_Angeles)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Los_Angeles

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Jaguarandine

Smash Journeyman
The library is holding our regular monthly for Smash Ultimate, Melee, Guilty Gear Strive, and Project M. We've finally returned in-person tournaments! Entry is completely free, and anyone is allowed to attend. If you're running late, just post here or in any other relevant place and we'll put you in the bracket. However, please people, if you live in Hawaii, don't join our Ultimate tourney. It's hard enough to play that game online as it is.

Sign-ups start at 2
Tournament will begin after 5
Ends whenever we're done (based on turnout), so be prepared to stay a while.

Non-local players are asked to bring their own controller. No exceptions. We allow play with any controller, just remember to disconnect after every match, or you may be DQ'ed.

We will be using the Genesis 9 Melee and Ultimate rulesets with the following changes:
  • All tournament sets will be best-of-3 until top 4
  • Top 4 (loser's semis, winner's finals, loser's finals, and grand finals) tournament sets will be best-of-5.
  • Ultimate stagelist changes:
~~

If you're non-local, try to sign up in advance by posting here or on Smash.gg so we can get an idea of turnout. If there are more players than we can handle, then those who just show up might not be included.

Due to time constraints, you may only signup for 2 out of the 3 games.

Of course, the number of matches we play is dependent on turnout and the number of consoles we have. if you could bring one and/or the copy of the game you want to play (especially Melee), that would be great.

Brackets are generally seeded with local players in mind. Let us know if you're playing your friend in the 1st round though.

We will give out Amazon gift cards for the following places (Ultimate only):

1st $40
2nd $20
3rd $10

Melee:
1st $10

Please bring $5 to chip in for pizza. If everyone brought $5 we would have more than enough food to go around. Believe me, most people say no until it actually arrives. Donating less than $5 is cool too; we just want everyone to enjoy. Sorry, no shared pizza this time! Hopefully next month.

Check out our YouTube channel where we (infrequently) post matches of previous tournaments (youtube.com/BeniciaLibraryGames). Get far enough, and maybe you'll make it into a video!

Link to Smash.gg page:

Thanks everyone, and see you there!

Last edited:

Wheatneat

Smash Rookie
Hey this is Wheat from last time! You can definitely count me in on being there.

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
Yo, I want to come to this one, but WTT is having their last scene. I'm on the fence RN

Enrique Martinez-Cruz

Smash Rookie
I’m going to be running a bit over the starting time but can you put me and my bro in the bracket? My tag will be “Infamous” and my brother’s will be “Trippy” please and thanks!

Jaguarandine

Smash Journeyman
Thanks to everyone attending the tournament! I'll be posting the date for the next tournament soon. If you'd like to join the Benicia Library Games Discord chat, send me a PM and I'll add you.

D

Deleted member

I'd love to attend, if the uber to and back wasn't $140 :crying:

Enrique Martinez-Cruz

Smash Rookie
If there is can u put me my brother and a friend in plz? Our tags will be “Infamous” “Trippy” “AMG209” and “Big Al” I hope there’s still time

Last edited:

Enrique Martinez-Cruz

Smash Rookie
We’re most likely going to watch since we’re already on our way but we can’t guarantee that we’ll be there by 6

Last edited:

Jaguarandine

Smash Journeyman
OK, we'll try to put you in, but if the tournament is progressing you'll go into losers. Bring a few bucks for pizza too if you want it, but we'll have snacks.

Jaguarandine

Smash Journeyman
For a change of pace, we're having it on a Saturday this time. Most our PM players will be attending another tournament, so we won't be doing that. PM casuals though.

TheElementalCow

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 6474 2850 7998
For a change of pace, we're having it on a Saturday this time. Most our PM players will be attending another tournament, so we won't be doing that. PM casuals though.
so I saw the bracket if I just show up will I immediately be put into bracket or do I have to do something? I know it's a couple days away so a response soon is appreciated sorry never been to tournament

Last edited:

Jaguarandine

Smash Journeyman
As long as you show up before the tournament starts, during the signup process, we will add you into the bracket. Try to be there on time. However, if for some reason you are late, let us know ahead of time and we'll try to add you in, but at that point there are no guarantees .

TheElementalCow

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 6474 2850 7998
As long as you show up before the tournament starts, during the signup process, we will add you into the bracket. Try to be there on time. However, if for some reason you are late, let us know ahead of time and we'll try to add you in, but at that point there are no guarantees .
Ok I can be there on time. All I needed to know. Thanks

Enrique Martinez-Cruz

Smash Rookie
Can you put me and my bro in the bracket with the same tags as last time which are “Infamous” and “Trippy” we will arrive around 2 pm. please and thanks!

TheElementalCow

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 6474 2850 7998
Had to leave early. Tell me who won and I'll be sure to comeback next month

TheElementalCow

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 6474 2850 7998
I might be there
maybe... most likely
it was really fun last time. Also may I add a suggestion of an SSF2 bracket (totally not cause im way better at SSf2)

Top Bottom