• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bleeding between fandoms: Finding the common ground.

Which characters do you like/ are part of the fandom/ want in Smash!

• Total voters

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
This thread is created for a different intention than other threads. Instead of creating separation between fandoms, it's more about finding the common ground between them. It's not all Isaac Vs Geno or Decidueye Vs K Rool. Sometimes there is bleeding between the fandoms. Not everyone that likes one character wouldn't be happy to see another get in.

I have chosen 5 fandoms to represent in this poll.

K Rool, Isaac, Geno, Bandana Dee, and Decidueye.

Let's see which fandom has the most common ground between them.

There are a lot of choices. But, there should be a pick for everyone. Assuming you like at least one of the characters.

This isn't about chances of characters, but dreams, fandoms and desires.

A sort of, research thread.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I can't seem to find the option for K. Rool, Isaac, Decidueye, and Bandana Dee. :/

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I can't seem to find the option for K. Rool, Isaac, Decidueye, and Bandana Dee. :/
I might have to limit the choices. I reached the maximum amount of options a poll allows

My choice is not an option either, lol

---

I'll have to think about that. I didn't know there was a maximum amount of choices. Although I figured there would be

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I might have to limit the choices. I reached the maximum amount of options a poll allows
Then I don't think I can vote in the poll.
Wouldn't it be more pratical to make a poll with only 6 options, but allow multiple votes?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Then I don't think I can vote in the poll.
Wouldn't it be more pratical to make a poll with only 6 options, but allow multiple votes?
I guess I could do that. THe only problem being I'd have to manually find everyone's name and put them together.

My intention at first was to have it automatically done. But that isn't possible I guess

Sine the purpose is to find the bleeding between fandoms rather than who is more popular

---

With just 6 people's names and multiple options people might see it as a popularity contest

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
OK, thread is reopened!

Unfortunately I had to cut a choice

I cut Dixie, which was a hard choice, but the poll did have both K Rool and Dixie on it.

splat

Smash Lord
I think the Smashboards poll option is too limited, and a survey would work much better.
Just a collection of 'Do you like X character?' Y/N questions.

I'm a huge fan of the Mario, Donkey Kong and Pokémon series, but I feel there's better options for the Mario series, prefer Dixie and Cranky over K. Rool and never got on the Decidueye train. I like Bandana Dee, but I'm nowhere near as big of a fan of the Kirby series compared to the other three series I just mentioned. In the current poll, I'd appear as a Kirby-only fan - which is not true.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
This is kind of funny but

When I redid the poll I forgot your choice AGAIN. This time I had enough space and I still forgot. That's why it's last. LOL

---

I think the Smashboards poll option is too limited, and a survey would work much better.
Just a collection of 'Do you like X character?' Y/N questions.

I'm a huge fan of the Mario, Donkey Kong and Pokémon series, but I feel there's better options for the Mario series, prefer Dixie and Cranky over K. Rool and never got on the Decidueye train. I like Bandana Dee, but I'm nowhere near as big of a fan of the Kirby series compared to the other three series I just mentioned. In the current poll, I'd appear as a Kirby-only fan - which is not true.
I picked choices that were high on the Source Gaming Japanese Poll Data. EXCEPT Decidueye. There were a couple of other choices I could have gone with but in the end I had to limit what I could use. Geno was the more popular of the Mario characters that could have been added, Bandana Dee was more popular than Magolor, and K Rool was more popular than Dixie. I just picked Decidueye because it seemed like the most popular of the Pokemon choices.

Last edited:

Souldin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Souldin
3DS FC
4854-6557-6769
Interesting idea here; let's see... so the characters included here are King K. Rool, Bandanna Dee, Isaac, Geno and Decidueye. Their all characters whose inclusions could co-exist, though I do not think that is the most likely outcome (though as noted, that isn't the point of this thread).

I'm a little unsure as to which to vote for, but will probably vote for just Bandanna Dee. I always like to see new Nintendo series represented, which Isaac from Golden Sun would do, and I feel that King K. Rool deserves to be in SSB given his status and legacy; I just don't have a personal interest in the characters. Bandanna Dee is the only included character in your options whom I'd really want into SSB, not just because I feel he deserves to be, but because I also like the character overall.

I'd be happy to see Isaac included and King K. Rool's inclusion would get a good yell of, "Finally!", but Bandanna Dee would have me jumping and down with joy so I'll keep my vote to just him.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I voted for Isaac and K. Rool.

but I'm kinda missing the Isaac, Banjo Kazooie and King K. Rool option.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
I have to agree on the survey suggestion. For gathering raw data, one question for offering a huge list of newcomers and another for listing a Smashboards username is the best way to go. Many of us will still come back here to comment on the thread and discuss why we picked the characters we did. That way you get both your numbers on the most frequent common ground and a social aspect with us finding said common ground.

Maybe this can also be a great way to share ideas for characters and others who may not be sold on them can see, perhaps warm up to supporting them, and create an even stronger common ground.

But for this poll, I voted for Isaac/K. Rool/Bandana Dee/Decidueye.

Last edited:

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
Just Isaac and Bandana Dee for me. I've never played Golden Sun, but he deserved to be in Brawl and it's criminal that he doesn't have a chance anymore, and while I still think Bandana Dee's fans are really annoying, Star Allies sold me on him. Decidueye is cool but I'd rather have someone else (preferably Buzzwole but most likely Mimikyu), I don't care at all about K. Rool and would rather have Funky or Cranky or even DK Jr, and Geno's fans have permanently soured me to the idea of him in Smash.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I voted for everyone except Decidueye. Had my doubts about Geno, since I’m not as big a fan of him, but if he were to be included I’d be pleasantly surprised, and that’s enough.

Not Decidueye, I don’t give two ****s about Decidueye.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I only voted for Decidueye.

I wouldn't mind the others, of course, but Decidueye is the only one among them that I actively want.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Venn Diagram.jpg

Entered the data into a Venn Diagram maker and this is the result

It's kind of all cluttered. I might have to find a different Venn Diagram maker.

But some interesting results

This result is from Less than a day, so let's see how more data can change it!

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So, how are the results? It has been awhile.
I can make a second diagram to see the results but after that the best thing to do would change the people in the poll and have a new one. Then switch periodically adding and removing character bases.

Or I could attempt doing it a different way I didn't think would work - and it'd also give me more work to do

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I can make a second diagram to see the results but after that the best thing to do would change the people in the poll and have a new one. Then switch periodically adding and removing character bases.

Or I could attempt doing it a different way I didn't think would work - and it'd also give me more work to do
Go with it. I have no clue what else you could do, and I have little idea how all of this goes, so do what you think is best.

D

Deleted member

K. Rool, Isaac, Decidueye, and Geno All.

Want K. Rool in above everyone, Decidueye, is my second most wanted, Bandana Dee, is my third Isaac, fourth. I'd welcome Geno with open arms.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
It has been a while, hasn't it? The speculation landscape has certainly changed since this thread was last visited.

Top Bottom