• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Blea vs Druggedfox

Blea Gelo

Smash Lord
Hello guys Blea here. I had the chance to play druggedfox in tournament this past saturday. ( him and i are TGL , and TGL holds monthlyes in south florida). I had the chance to play druggedfox and gravy. I beat gravy 3-1, and then beat druggedfox 3-2 in winner finals. After that, i lost grandfinals against druggedfox 3-2 and 3-2. Even tho i really really wanted to win the tournament, i feel i got a lil bit better and got a ton of experience playing such a good player as he is . So i want to post the sets and i know i screw up several times, but at the same time i got the feel that some of the things i performed in this set could help some people here. I am open to advices as well ( i know lots of things i did wrong but probably could be easier to see more flaws looking at it from a third perspective.

Blea Gelo vs Gravy: https://youtu.be/6MKcchCBEOE

Blea Gelo vs Druggedfox WF: https://youtu.be/xIzwhVczrgs

The grand finals are on youtube, on the same playlist this videos are . Those were pretty hype as well imo. I hope you guys enjoy, give me feedback if you want to, and ask questions if you want to as well, and i would respond as soon as i am able to. Thank you and i hope you enjoy !!

Yann J.Ridin

Smash Apprentice
Switzerland, La Suisse, Pays de Neuchâtel
Aight thanks for the share!

Against Gravy:

Like your WD through shield to grab, I forget how spotdodges are good in this matchup.

2:21: Below 100%, i use get up attacck instead of rolling to avoid they grab the ledge. Because it is longer (55 vs 49), occupied a bit of the ground :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClUYBhuHoqQ and if he goes above, you get a reverse hit, so egdeguard continue.

5:54 Pefect wall to edgeguard with that DJ at the end of the stage to advance a bit to fair gg.

6:27: I dunno really when you have to DJ or nair to escape chain of upairs. Certainly depending on your position to the length of the Short/full jump of Falcon. Do you have any idea?

6:54 : With that fresh invicibility, you could just drop bair on reaction at any of his move, like after upair (won't hit you anyway, you are intagible) or at the beggining of is UpB

F-ric

Smash Cadet
I watched the first set with gravy and I just have a few comments. I really like how you use the reverse dash jc grab when you wavedash through gravy, those are smooth. You can do the same thing with a jc up smash, which you may already know. One thing I recommend is avoiding full hops in neutral. Against Falcon especially it sets you up for up air strings and is a bad position for Luigi in general. Similarly getting on a platform can be a mistake when falcon is under you and there are several times in this set where both of these occur and sometimes you get punished.

You got a lot of grabs which is good, but your conversions were pretty weak most of the time. Up throw can be a better combo starters at certain percents and you missed several up smashes after the throws, this can work but can miss depending on DI and percent so maybe work out some other options here.

Another problem I noticed was he read your ledgedash and punished you several times. If he isn't directly pressuring you on the ledge a regular get up can be good as a mixup. Shieldstopping or dash dancing can keep you from moving so far if you do it right after a ledgedash. Also I think they could have been faster. (more invincibility frames)

Personally I like to dash dance a lot more to bait stuff out, there were some times he was keeping you locked down with nairs and I think dash dancing here could have helped play around it.

Overall you definitely played well and it got better as the set went on, that 4th game he just outplayed you in neutral and gimped you several times for the comeback.

I haven't watched the fox sets yet but I can critique those later.

F-ric

Smash Cadet
Just a few things in the first set against DF. The first 3 games you had trouble converting stocks and I think some of your punishes could have been a lot stronger. The games on battlefield and FD you had great punishes and it definitely helped you win those. The first stock on FD you could have converted an up b instead of an f-smash after the throw and it would have ko'd. In game 1 at 6:50 and 3:50 you could have landed up Bs that could have taken the stock/game.

You have to be really careful double jumping to the ledge against fox he took several stocks just from that and similarly you missed some sweetspot up Bs that lost you stocks. It's hard to recover against fox so just try to mix it up if you can. You had some movement mistakes in this set but it's hard to be perfect, overall I think your movement was really solid, especially on BF and FD. Personally I don't like dreamland that much with Luigi so I probably wouldn't have taken him back to DL, but you won and could have won the first game. He has trouble covering platforms and getting down from juggles and it can be hard to take stocks.

You also approached with a lot of unsafe wd in smashes. I recommend either pivoting for these as it makes it safer and easier to convert or wavedash though the opponent, though this can be read and punished. Also whiffing short hop aerials can be dangerous, he got a few stocks punishing some of these. Be careful with short hop double aerials too, wavelands can be a lot better if the first aerial misses.

Yann J.Ridin

Smash Apprentice
Switzerland, La Suisse, Pays de Neuchâtel
It s been a while now, but guess I remember he just go through his oppoenent with a WD facing backward. I dunno if the grab is on reaction while WDing when he saw that gravy is shielding. It s really important to play lik this: empty wavedash and react. and not Going for a classic WD + something.

About spotdodging. Falcon don't have good pressur like spacies or sheik, so that s quite simple and effective defensive response to aerials.

Top Bottom