• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Blazing Player, Cinderace for Smash!

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
The 25th anniversary of Pokémon would be an excellent opportunity to reveal/release Cinderace as the next character, imo.

Makes sense; Vol. 2 is slated to end that year.

NeonVoid

Smash Journeyman
The 25th anniversary of Pokémon would be an excellent opportunity to reveal/release Cinderace as the next character, imo.

Honestly, it could happen at anytime! If we dont get a fighter revealed before or on the Game Awards, that January-February times lot would make sense!

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Here’s my current move list for Cinderace:
I was thinking this could be its special moveset for Smash.

B : Pyro Ball; Cinderace kicks up a ball of fire and kicks it straight forward
B + Forwards : Flame Charge; covered in fire, Cinderace jumps forward like it's stopping a goal
B + Up : Bounce; Cinderace uses a foot to hop straight up
B + Down : Court Change; Cinderace does a backflip towards the opposite direction of the opponent, turning itself around

Starlight Liger

Smash Journeyman

Not gonna lie, the phrase "kicks off" is looking pretty sus' to me. 🤔

NeonVoid

Smash Journeyman
I wanted to keep the thread hype going so uhh, lemme tell you something I laughed at.

When I went into a Rillaboom thread and said Cinderace was more likely, I told them how Cinderace has been promoted the most and how there hasn't been a Pokemon promoted this hard since Greninja.

Then a guy responds with something like "Actually, Cinderace hasn't been promoted really at all, and since Ash has Grookey, you saying Cinderace is the most promoted mon is an understatement."

Like bruh! Grookey hasn't even appeared in the anime! And better yet, Goh's probably gonna get it 😂

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice
It's Sephiroth
Congrats to the FF7 fans.

Edit*
Sephiroth's character presentation next week (2pm PT on 12/17)

Last edited:

RandysRage

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere between the North and South Poles
Yeah! I just learned who he was but he looks amazing! Plus he kinda flew under everyones radars since a tiny fraction of the Smash community thought Geno was the most likely
ftfy

Besides, the puppet's chances have been dead for years; all Sephiroth did was fill his coffin with concrete and drop it into the Mariana Trench.

NeonVoid

Smash Journeyman
Technically now, since that was only a two month gap, that means we might have a longer wait on at least one fighter next year since three are supposed to release throughout 2021.

It seems though like characters with simpler designs and such have smaller gaps. Min Min and Steve probably took a while since they were unique, im sure Sephiroth will be fun and all but you can use other fighters as bases.

So I think its safe to expect at least one complex or gimmicky character, Rayman would fit the criteria because of his unique design, for example.

Also, this is just one more theory of mine, but if this was a two month gap and they continue the two month gaps like Steve to Sephiroth, then its possible we get our next fighter revealed around late February to early March, which would line up perfectly with Pokemons 25th anniversary!

Plus, its also worth pointing out besides Sephiroth, we've recently had Smash reveals happen the same week as Pokemon news

We had a Pokemon Direct like a week before Byleth was revealed

Min Min was revealed two days before the hideous Pokemon Unite presentation (oh uhh also Cinderace is coming to Unite)

Steve was revealed two days after we got Crown Tundra information

So its very possible Fighter 9 is revealed whenever we have Pokémon news next, which will probably be around late February

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Technically now, since that was only a two month gap, that means we might have a longer wait on at least one fighter next year since three are supposed to release throughout 2021.

It seems though like characters with simpler designs and such have smaller gaps. Min Min and Steve probably took a while since they were unique, im sure Sephiroth will be fun and all but you can use other fighters as bases.

So I think its safe to expect at least one complex or gimmicky character, Rayman would fit the criteria because of his unique design, for example.

Also, this is just one more theory of mine, but if this was a two month gap and they continue the two month gaps like Steve to Sephiroth, then its possible we get our next fighter revealed around late February to early March, which would line up perfectly with Pokemons 25th anniversary!

Plus, its also worth pointing out besides Sephiroth, we've recently had Smash reveals happen the same week as Pokemon news

We had a Pokemon Direct like a week before Byleth was revealed

Min Min was revealed two days before the hideous Pokemon Unite presentation (oh uhh also Cinderace is coming to Unite)

Steve was revealed two days after we got Crown Tundra information

So its very possible Fighter 9 is revealed whenever we have Pokémon news next, which will probably be around late February
I don't think we even got Unite news since it's reveal.

NeonVoid

Smash Journeyman
I don't think we even got Unite news since it's reveal.
To be fair a lot has happened with Unite!

The game got beta tested in China and should hopefully have a February release, Greninja and Zeraora, as well as other popular mons were confirmed, and the beta app was received and datamined by some friends in a private Discord server (since Tencent likes to double down on hiding this stuff), revealing that the Dwebble line,
Jigglypuff line, Cramorant and Scorbunny line would all be in the game!

It seems those four are unfinished rn so no guarantee they'll be ready on release but they're coming! If anything just take my word on it, you can find images of Greninja in the game online too

I would've kept this a secret but the cat came out of the bag when Eclipse leaked the full datamine on Twitter

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
To be fair a lot has happened with Unite!

The game got beta tested in China and should hopefully have a February release, Greninja and Zeraora, as well as other popular mons were confirmed, and the beta app was received and datamined by some friends in a private Discord server (since Tencent likes to double down on hiding this stuff), revealing that the Dwebble line,
Jigglypuff line, Cramorant and Scorbunny line would all be in the game!

It seems those four are unfinished rn so no guarantee they'll be ready on release but they're coming! If anything just take my word on it, you can find images of Greninja in the game online too

I would've kept this a secret but the cat came out of the bag when Eclipse leaked the full datamine on Twitter
I searched it up, the roster is all over the place. You'd expect only the iconic mons, and then there's Mr. Mime, Eledgoss, Alolan Ninetales, and more.

NeonVoid

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice
The Mii costumes we got were

Tifa
Barret
Aerith
Chocobo Hat
Geno

My condolences to anyone who wanted any of these characters to be playable.

Anyways, Sephiroth looks fun. I'm pleasantly surprised that they were able to get that many FF songs.

Sephiroth comes out 12/22, but you can get him early if you beat him.

Last edited:

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice
Heard that Nintendo bought Next Level Games (makers of Luigi's Mansion 2 & 3, Mario Strikers, etc.)

I'm sure that I'm not the only one who thought of this based on the timing, but what if for Cinderace's trailer they could do a fake out using Mario Strikers kind of like how Rosalina's trailer did the same using Mario Kart.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
The RTC thread is currently rating the idea of a Gen 8 Pokemon getting into Smash (whether it be Cinderace or someone else).

(Rex and Wooper are also being rated)

Feel free to give a rating. Remember to give at least two sentences for both chance and want for your scores to be counted.

NeonVoid

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I dunno if anyone knows, but the Pokemon Unite beta is opening up in China, hopefully sometime this week or next week!

Why this is important is because Cinderace, Cramorant and Crustle were all found in a datamine of an apk for the last beta, and with Unite moves, meaning these three will be playable in Pokemon Unite! The only reason there is no footage is because these three characters were unfinished at the time so its very possible they'll be playable in the upcoming beta!

Being one of the only Galar mons in Unite besided Cramorant and Eldegoss, this definitely helps Cinderace's chances for Smash given its constant promotion!

RandysRage

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere between the North and South Poles
More Cinderace promotional material = higher probability to be added into Smash

While my boy Incineroar got some great scenes in the Sun/Moon anime and was added cause ol' papa Sakurai wanted a wrestler, he did NOT get this much spotlight at all, my goodness.

The rabbit's chances are lookin' better and better imho

NeonVoid

Smash Journeyman
More Cinderace promotional material = higher probability to be added into Smash

While my boy Incineroar got some great scenes in the Sun/Moon anime and was added cause ol' papa Sakurai wanted a wrestler, he did NOT get this much spotlight at all, my goodness.

The rabbit's chances are lookin' better and better imho
YES like, it should speak highly of Incineroar how he didn't have as much promotion and STILL made it into Smash!

Oh also Tencent is now asking players in China what Switch icon looks the best! LOOK AT THAT CINDERACE PROMOTION

Attachments

Top Bottom