• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Blazing Player, Cinderace for Smash!

RandysRage

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere between the North and South Poles
YYYYup, with all the promotional stuff they're doing plus Cinderace's debut in the anime now imminent, the soccer bunny's chances just shot up significantly. Bring on all the "but another fire-starter nooooo" complaints, they only make me stronger.

Hopefully I get to see my boys together in Smash soon :)

Fire bois.jpg

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice
https://www.serebii.net/
https://www.pocketmonsters.net/main/news/4365

Here are the titles for the upcoming episodes

September 27th (Sunday) - Episode 39 - Ash VS Bea! Overcome Octolock!!

October 9th (Friday) - Episode 40 “VS Zapdos! Legendary Raid Battle”
October 16th (Friday) - Episode 41 “Operation: Dub Pikachu | Half Marshtomp”

October 23rd (Friday) - Episode 42 “Sword & Shield I: Slumbering Weald”
October 30th (Friday) - Episode 43 “Sword & Shield II: Darkest Day”
November 6th (Friday) - Episode 44 Sword & Shield III
November 13th (Friday) - Episode 45 Sword & Shield IV

There’s also a special episode called “The Message from the Aurora" which features Suicune. However, it will only be shown in select planetariums in Japan. There are currently no plans to make it available to watch online anytime soon.

Cinderace will likely arrive before the end of the Sword & Shield arc to do battle with Eternatus (which is “conveniently” Friday the 13th).

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
https://www.pocketmonsters.net/main/news/4365

Here are the titles for the upcoming episodes

September 27th (Sunday) - Episode 39 - Ash VS Bea! Overcome Octolock!!

October 9th (Friday) - Episode 40 “VS Zapdos! Legendary Raid Battle”
October 16th (Friday) - Episode 41 “Operation: Dub Pikachu | Half Marshtomp”

October 23rd (Friday) - Episode 42 “Sword & Shield I: Slumbering Weald”
October 30th (Friday) - Episode 43 “Sword & Shield II: Darkest Day”
November 6th (Friday) - Episode 44 Sword & Shield III
November 13th (Friday) - Episode 45 Sword & Shield IV

There’s also a special episode called “The Message from the Aurora" which features Suicune. However, it will only be shown in select planetariums in Japan. There are currently no plans to make it available to watch online anytime soon.

Cinderace will likely arrive before the end of the Sword & Shield arc to do battle with Eternatus (which is “conveniently” Friday the 13th).
Message from the Aurora is gonna become legend later on probably.

Also, it seems we have to translate Pikachu with the english language.

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice
Unfortunately Riolu did not evolve in this episode.

Unless they're planning to evolve it in the next episode, it seems like they're saving Lucario and Cinderace for the upcoming Sword & Shield arc

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605

NeonVoid

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
AAAAHHHH!

My custom thumbnail I made for Cinderace (Cinderace kicks it into overtime!) first got 5K likes on Twitter, and is now featured in Blocked Contents video!
Congrats mate. I'll check the video out later when I'm not about to go to online school. :laugh:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Tomorrow at 7 am PT, the presentation is 3 minutes long with a brief message from Sakurai afterward.

View attachment 287437
So it looks like we won't be seeing much gameplay.
I don't really care, I'm glad we're getting something. But what do you think the message is? This looks to be a relatively short presentation.

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice
So it looks like we won't be seeing much gameplay.
I don't really care, I'm glad we're getting something. But what do you think the message is? This looks to be a relatively short presentation.
I have no idea, perhaps Sakurai will announce that the DLC is going to be delayed due to COVID or perhaps he is planning to do a livestream to fully showcase the character.

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice
Its Steve.
Congrats to the Minecraft fans.
Hopefully Cinderace will come one day.

Oh yeah called it, Sakurai will have a Steve & Alex livestream 10/3 at 7:30 am PT.

They also mentioned that "There will be no additional new fighters revealed other than Steve and Alex in this livestream."

Last edited:

NeonVoid

Smash Journeyman
Its Steve.
Congrats to the Minecraft fans.
Hopefully Cinderace will come one day.

Oh yeah called it, Sakurai will have a Steve & Alex livestream 10/3 at 7:30 am PT.

They also mentioned that "There will be no additional new fighters revealed other than Steve and Alex in this livestream."
So im honestly excited for Steve! Out of the remaining 5 characters I wanted, Steve was one of them! He was just the least likely of them all.

Besides that, we have to get through Mii costumes Saturday, but what if Sakurai did something like reveal Rillaboomer and Inteleon as Miis, but not Cinderace. Then would our guy be confirmed practically?

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice
So im honestly excited for Steve! Out of the remaining 5 characters I wanted, Steve was one of them! He was just the least likely of them all.

Besides that, we have to get through Mii costumes Saturday, but what if Sakurai did something like reveal Rillaboomer and Inteleon as Miis, but not Cinderace. Then would our guy be confirmed practically?
Appreciate the optimism but yeah I don’t see that happening. If we do get Rillaboomer and Inteleon Mii costumes / hats they would be released alongside Cinderace’s reveal. Odds are we will get new costumes and a couple of returning characters.

Last edited:

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice
Steve looks interesting. I'm still amazed that Sakurai went out of his way to make sure every staged would work with Steve's mining ability.

Anyways the Mii costumes we got were
Creeper
Pig
Diamond Armor
Gil
Bomberman
Travis

My condolences to anyone who wanted any of these characters to be playable.

Steve comes out 10/13

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice

Episode 44 is titled "Sword & Shield III: Eternatus"

Also

No one evolved.

However we got a new teaser

with a preview of Cinderace and Lucario

Which pretty much means that all the major stuff will be happening in the Sword & Shield arc starting later this month.

Last edited:

NeonVoid

Smash Journeyman
Seriously guys I have the biggest big brain idea, since Cinderace himself is small when he Gigantamaxes, what if Cinderace can use Gigantamax like how Joker can use Arsene?

In this form, he can be a tad bigger and a little stronger, and to save him from being too OP, he can use G-Max Fireball only once during this phase!

It'd be a neat way to add a gimmick!

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Seriously guys I have the biggest big brain idea, since Cinderace himself is small when he Gigantamaxes, what if Cinderace can use Gigantamax like how Joker can use Arsene?

In this form, he can be a tad bigger and a little stronger, and to save him from being too OP, he can use G-Max Fireball only once during this phase!

Knocks Ridley out the window. Too big to use reliably.

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice

Personally I feel that G-Max Fireball should be saved for the Final Smash, but the idea of a G-max transformation gimmick could probably work. Here's a rough idea of how I think that this could be applied:

Max Move Meter
Basically the same as Joker/Cloud’s gimmick, Cinderace can turn into G-max Cinderace and will have access to Max Moves via a meter that slowly charges up. The transformation only lasts for a short while.

Possible moveset example:

Neutral Special (Pyroball --> Max Flare) Cinderace will shoot a short ranged horizontal stream of fire. If you hit your opponent with this move then a large sun will appear in the sky. You and your allies’ fire moves will gain a temporary boost in damage and knockback. Cinderace’s pyroball will also charge up much faster

Side Special (Iron Head --> Max Steelspike) Cinderace will make metal spikes that will quickly crawl along the ground and walls (will stop if it hits a ledge). If you hit your opponent with this move then you and your allies will gain a temporary boost in Defense

Up Special (Bounce --> Max Airstream) Cinderace will create a vertical tornado which can be used as a recovery. If you hit your opponent with this move then you and your allies will gain a temporary boost in Speed

Down Special (Counter --> Max Knuckle) Cinderace will summon a large fist from the sky which will fly down at an angle. If you hit your opponent with this move then you and your allies will gain a temporary boost in Attack

Another idea: Glowing Max Spots
Same idea as above but there are also glowing spots that randomly appear on the ground that will let Cinderace charge up its max meter much quicker.

Last edited:

NeonVoid

Smash Journeyman
I think its really dumb that you can only catch one of the new regis. You should be able to catch them both

Also, its worth mentioning Cinderace is the top Gen 8 Pokemon on globalsmashroster.com! The only Pokemon above it are Grovyle and Sceptile, so let's overtake Grovyle!

Attachments

Top Bottom