• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Blazing Player, Cinderace for Smash!

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice
Here's my honest theory, I think Goh will catch Grookey too, unfortunately. That's alright though, given Ash already has all six Pokemon, the rest he can swap out occasionally with older Pokemon.

Besides that, if Goh gets all three starters, why not add Goh to Smash? Unrealistic, definitely. Still, it would make sense and would be cool to see, as Goh has become one of my favorite characters in the anime
With Sakurai's rule on only having video game characters appear in Smash, they would have to add him in the games first, which I guess they could do via an update with Goh and Chloe / Koharu as new skins. If that happens and Goh does get all the starters, then perhaps they could throw us a curveball and make a Pokemon Trainer version 2.0 with all 3 fully evolved Galar starters be playable (which could be a call back to how the original Pokémon Trainer was planned to have Charizard, Blastoise, and possibly Venusaur be playable before Sakurai ended up changing his mind).

Last edited:

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
I just wish Goh would actually use his pokemon. He occasionally uses some but the only ones with important roles were his Beedrill, Scyther, Golurk, Darmanitan, Cubone, and Skwovet. Everything else is sorta, there.
His goal is more focused on catching pokemon rather than using them for stuff. And also the fact that he's got plenty of them would make it difficult to properly give them screentime.

But from the opening it seems Go will finally have a set team (definitely wasn't expecting him to get Heracross or even less Flygon).

NeonVoid

Smash Journeyman
I just wish Goh would actually use his pokemon. He occasionally uses some but the only ones with important roles were his Beedrill, Scyther, Golurk, Darmanitan, Cubone, and Skwovet. Everything else is sorta, there.
He uses Farfetch'd too, and he does occasionally use all of his Pokemon at least once. At least he's slowly creating a team, though. It would make sense to establish a few main Pokemon for his team besides just Raboot. He'll get there in time

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
He uses Farfetch'd too, and he does occasionally use all of his Pokemon at least once. At least he's slowly creating a team, though. It would make sense to establish a few main Pokemon for his team besides just Raboot. He'll get there in time
I'd say Scyther is also decently developed.

NeonVoid

Smash Journeyman
As of now, what are the most viewed Pokemon threads? My mobile browser won't let me sort like before

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice
As of now, what are the most viewed Pokemon threads? My mobile browser won't let me sort like before
Lycanroc - 165 K
* Zacian and Zamazenta - 62 K
Decidueye - 57 K
Mimikyu - 30 K
Meowth - 27 K
Gardevoir - 26 K
* Cinderace - 16 K
Buzzwole - 10 K
Primarina - 9 K
* Toxtricity - 8 K
Eevee - 8 K
* Rillaboom - 8 K
Sceptile - 7 K
* Sirfetch’d - 7 K
Cynthia - 6 K
Gengar - 6 K
Golisopod - 5 K
Raichu - 5 K
Gallade - 5 K
* DracoVish - 5 K
Zeraora - 5 K
* Scorbunny - 4 K
- Sobble - 4 K
Lily and Gladion - 4 K
* Obstagoon - 4 K
Meloetta - 3 K
Blaziken - 3 K
Tapu Koko - 3 K
Team Rocket - 3 K
Lusamine - 3 K
Clefairy - 3 K
Pheromosa - 3 K
* Dragapult - 3 K
- Inteleon - 3 K
Eevee (again) - 3 k
* Urshifu - 2 K
- Zarude - I don't think a support tread exists for Zarude
* Calyrex - Doesn't have one either

Last edited:

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
We are the second most popular sword and shield thread.
To be honest, I don't think Zacian would be feasible considering that he already has a sword in his mouth and would not be able to pick up items like Ivysaur does.
As for Zamazenta, the least popular of the two, I don't see a reason why he'd be chosen over the starters or others such as Toxitricity.

Last edited:

NeonVoid

Smash Journeyman
Lycanroc - 165 K
Decidueye - 57 K
Mimikyu - 30 K
Meowth - 27 K
Gardevoir - 26 K
* Cinderace - 16 K
Buzzwole - 10 K
Primarina - 9 K
* Toxtricity - 8 K
Eevee - 8 K
* Rillaboom - 8 K
Sceptile - 7 K
* Sirfetch’d - 7 K
Cynthia - 6 K
Gengar - 6 K
Golisopod - 5 K
Raichu - 5 K
Gallade - 5 K
* DracoVish - 5 K
Zeraora - 5 K
* Scorbunny - 4 K
- Sobble - 4 K
Lily and Gladion - 4 K
* Obstagoon - 4 K
Meloetta - 3 K
Blaziken - 3 K
Tapu Koko - 3 K
Team Rocket - 3 K
Lusamine - 3 K
Clefairy - 3 K
Pheromosa - 3 K
* Dragapult - 3 K
- Inteleon - 3 K
Eevee (again) - 3 k
* Urshifu - 2 K
Well, time to make a thread on Goh for Smash

We are the second most popular sword and shield thread.
To be honest, I don't think Zacian would be feasible considering that he already has a sword in his mouth and would not be able to pick up items like Ivysaur does.
As for Zamazenta, the least popular of the two, I don't see a reason why he'd be chosen over the starters or others such as Toxitricity.
Yeah, there's no way they would add one individually, they would want to promote both games. If anything, a tag team would be cool

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Lycanroc - 165 K
Decidueye - 57 K
Mimikyu - 30 K
Meowth - 27 K
Gardevoir - 26 K
* Cinderace - 16 K
Buzzwole - 10 K
Primarina - 9 K
* Toxtricity - 8 K
Eevee - 8 K
* Rillaboom - 8 K
Sceptile - 7 K
* Sirfetch’d - 7 K
Cynthia - 6 K
Gengar - 6 K
Golisopod - 5 K
Raichu - 5 K
Gallade - 5 K
* DracoVish - 5 K
Zeraora - 5 K
* Scorbunny - 4 K
- Sobble - 4 K
Lily and Gladion - 4 K
* Obstagoon - 4 K
Meloetta - 3 K
Blaziken - 3 K
Tapu Koko - 3 K
Team Rocket - 3 K
Lusamine - 3 K
Clefairy - 3 K
Pheromosa - 3 K
* Dragapult - 3 K
- Inteleon - 3 K
Eevee (again) - 3 k
* Urshifu - 2 K
Nice, we're number 7 out of those. Hope we can get even bigger.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
It's really strange. I haven't even bothered to get into Gen VIII yet but I can't help but really like Cinderace. Honestly it might be one of my top 10 Pokemon based on its design alone. The fact that it's a bipedal fire type also makes it even better. With that said...

Add me to the support list. While I'm admittedly not the biggest fan of Gen VIII, I'd be totally down for Cinderace.

NeonVoid

Smash Journeyman
It's really strange. I haven't even bothered to get into Gen VIII yet but I can't help but really like Cinderace. Honestly it might be one of my top 10 Pokemon based on its design alone. The fact that it's a bipedal fire type also makes it even better. With that said...

Add me to the support list. While I'm admittedly not the biggest fan of Gen VIII, I'd be totally down for Cinderace.
YAY!

Also, does anyone know when we'll get the new episode titles for episodes 36-39 of the anime? Im asking because Raboot and Riolu might evolve in that time. When do new titles get revealed?

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice
YAY!

Also, does anyone know when we'll get the new episode titles for episodes 36-39 of the anime? Im asking because Raboot and Riolu might evolve in that time. When do new titles get revealed?
So far we only know Episode 36: "Crawl Out of the Sand Tomb, Ash and Goh!"

Sites like Serebii seem to use TV guides from Japan to learn the dates and the names of future episodes. Announcements seem to usually happen around the first/last weeks of every month. There are probably some people out there who are leaking the titles early, but I can't be bothered to go out and find them myself.

11-01-2019 (Friday)
Episode 1: Pikachu is Born

11-03-2019 (Sunday)
Episode 2: Satoshi and Go, Let's Go by Lugia!

11-07-2019 (Thursday)
Episode 3: Fushigisou, Isn't it Mysterious?
Episode 4: Let's Go to the Galar Region! An Encounter with Hibanny!!
Episode 5: Kabigon Became Gigantic!? The Mystery of Daimax!!

11-08-2019 (Friday)
Episode 6: Catch a Lot of Pokémon! The Path to Mew!!

Episode 8: Don't Lose, Pochama! The Drift Ice Race in the Sinnoh Region!!
Episode 9: The Promise We Made that Day! The Houou Legend of the Johto Region!!

11-30-2019 (Saturday)
Episode 7: The Hoenn Region, Site of Fierce Fights! The Battle Frontier Challenge!!

01-07-2020 (Saturday)
Episode 11: Koharu, Wanpachi, and Sometimes Gangar Too
Episode 12: Daimax Battle! Dande, The Greatest of Them All!!

01-31-2020 (Friday)
Episode 13: Satoshi vs. Dande! The Road to the Strongest!!
Episode 14: First Visit to the Unova Region! Raid Battle in the Ruins!!

02-09-2020 (Sunday)
Episode 15: On a Snowy Day, Where Is Karakara's Bone?
Episode 16: Satoshi is Cursed...!

03-05-2020 (Thursday)
Episode 17: Hibanny, Use Your Flaming Kick! Face Tomorrow!!

03-06-2020 (Friday)
Episode 18: Satoshi Takes Part! The Pokémon World Championships!!
Episode 19: I'm a Metamon!
Episode 20: Go Towards Your Dream! Satoshi and Go!!

04-01-2020 (Wednesday)
Episode 21: Hit Your Mark, Wave Guidance! Satoshi and the Mysterious Egg!
Episode 22: Goodbye, Rabbifuto!
Episode 23: A Massive Panic! Sakuragi Park!!

04-09-2020 (Thursday)
Episode 24: Take a Break! Rocket-Dan!!
Episode 25: A Battle Festival Exploding With Life! VS Mega Lucario!!

05-08-2020 (Friday)
Episode 26a: Jump! Koiking / Episode 26b: Crown Yourself! Yadoking
Episode 27: A Heroic Legend! Dande's Ultimate Battle!!
Episode 28: Sobbing Messon
Episode 29: Electrifying Jealousy! Wanpachi's Feelings

05-31-2020 (Sunday)
Announcement delayed

06-28-2020 (Sunday)
Episode 30: The Reluctant Pikachu and the Exasperated Barrierd

07-08-2020 (Wednesday)
Episode 30: The Reluctant Pikachu and the Exasperated Barrierd
Episode 31: Hinbass and the Beautiful Scale
Episode 32: Celebi: A Timeless Promise

07-31-2020 (Friday)
Episode 33: Would You Like To Do a Pokémon Trade?
Episode 34: Bea, the Lone Warrior! The Grapploct Menace!!
Episode 35: I Got Pikachu

08-04-2020 (Thursday)
Episode 36: Crawl Out of the Sand Tomb, Ash and Goh!

Also for anyone who is watching the English Dub in the US, Netflix announced that episodes 13-24 will be released on 9/11.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
9/11 is...a messed up event that happened nearly 20 years ago. Hence why I said "bad timing".
Eh, not really bad timing. 9/11 was a tragedy for certain, but that doesn't mean something releasing on that date is poorly timed so long as it contains nothing that would be offensive with regards to what happened. Pokemon episodes most likely wouldn't.

NeonVoid

Smash Journeyman
Kinda sad that the Indie Direct isn't gonna be well-recieved. Some of these indies might be really good games, and I think its stupid to harass indie devs who have worked hard on their games, simply because it isn't Smash

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice
In an unusual turn of events they are banning some of the top tier Pokemon from the competitive scene (both singles and doubles) for the next few seasons (September 1st to October 31st 2020), the Pokemon that will be banned include:
-Venusaur
-Gyarados

-Porygon2
-Tyranitar

-Toakoal

-Hippowdon
-Magnezone
-Togekiss

-Excadrill
-Whimiscott

-Incineroar
-Mimikyu

-Rillaboom
-Cinderace (unfortunately) :(
-Indeedee (both genders)
-Dragapult

If I had to guess, they're probably shaking up the meta to entice people to pick up the game again before the Crowned Tundra is released. Based on the timing of this, it will probably be made available some time in the later half of Fall.

Last edited:

NeonVoid

Smash Journeyman
In an unusual turn of events they are banning some of the top tier Pokemon from the competitive scene (both singles and doubles) for the next few seasons (September 1st to October 31st 2020), the Pokemon that will be banned include:
-Venusaur
-Gyarados

-Porygon2
-Tyranitar

-Toakoal

-Hippowdon
-Magnezone
-Togekiss

-Excadrill
-Whimiscott

-Incineroar
-Mimikyu

-Rillaboom
-Indeedee (both genders)
-Dragapult

If I had to guess, they're probably shaking up the meta to entice people to pick up the game again before the Crowned Tundra is released. Based on the timing of this, it will probably be made available some time in the later half of Fall.
Great, my whole team is gone (Cinderace, Rillaboom, Dragapult, Togekiss, and Whimsicott). Now all I'm left with is Rotom wash

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
-Venusaur
-Gyarados

-Porygon2
-Tyranitar

-Toakoal

-Hippowdon
-Magnezone
-Togekiss

-Excadrill
-Whimiscott

-Incineroar
-Mimikyu

-Rillaboom
-Indeedee (both genders)
-Dragapult

What do you mean Torkoal, Hippowdon, Excadrill, Whimsicott, and Indeedee are good?

NeonVoid

Smash Journeyman
They've been really putting off the announcements for Smash fighters kind of like they did before Byleth's reveal, could they be stalling because its a Pokemon rep?

I hear there might be a Direct this week, so let's hope!

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
Well, a Nintendo rep would have been much easier to work on during quarantine I guess ! Which leads me to believe that we'll get the Nintendo reps (if any ) in priority.

Last edited:

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice
YAY!

Quick update from Serebii, here are the episode titles for 36 - 39

Episode 37: I'm Back, Alola!
Episode 38: The Fossil Pokémon!
Episode 39: Ash VS Bea

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Quick update from Serebii, here are the episode titles for 36 - 39

Episode 37: I'm Back, Alola!
Episode 38: The Fossil Pokémon!
Episode 39: Ash VS Bea
Alola is coming sooner than we thought then. And is the fossil pokemon episode gonna focus on one of the mishmashed fossils?

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice
Alola is coming sooner than we thought then. And is the fossil pokemon episode gonna focus on one of the mishmashed fossils?
No idea, the summaries for ep. 37 - 39 have not been posted yet on the Serebii forums. However, there was an Aerodactyl in the latest opening (and in the first ending) so maybe that episode will be about Ash and Goh resurrecting one?

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice
Maybe they'll get an Aerodactyl or something?
Goh seems to be the one who'll get it based on the battle scene in the opening, but for some reason it's not shown alongside with the rest of his team. Hopefully the summary will give us more information when it gets posted on Serebii.

Top Bottom