• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Blazing Player, Cinderace for Smash!

NeonVoid

Smash Journeyman
It's just what I think will happen with Smash DLC speculation in general after episode 28 comes out next week.
If Ash catches it then people will come out of the woodwork to say "Intelon is confirmed for Smash!" since Greninja and Incineroar were also owned by Ash. If Goh catches it then people will come out to say "since it was caught by Goh that means Ash will catch Grookey and thus Rillaboom is confirmed for Smash!" either way there'll probably be a big debate over whether or not it matters.
I'm still feeling Cinderace, he receives the same treatment as Greninja and Incineroar, rabbits are well liked in Japan, and Scorbunny has already evolved and plays a role as one of the main Pokemon in the new anime

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice
I'm still feeling Cinderace, he receives the same treatment as Greninja and Incineroar, rabbits are well liked in Japan, and Scorbunny has already evolved and plays a role as one of the main Pokemon in the new anime
I'm confident in Cinderace too, but if TPC was planning to use the Anime and Ash to spotlight a specific Pokemon coming to Smash (before the virus changed everything) then there's not much we can do about it. However the Anime has been breaking a lot of traditions and challenging a lot of expectations as of late, hopefully this would also mean that they have a different approach in mind for spotlighting the Pokemon coming to Smash. (I might just be over speculating about all this but in the end who can say? Maybe the Gen 8 Smash candidate was chosen long after these episodes were in production.)

Best case scenario IMO is if Goh gets both Sobble and Grookey (which could happen since his dream is to catch every Pokémon and as such he would have to get both of them sooner or later) and as a result the Smash fandom has to admit that a Pokemon coming to Smash doesn't have to be a starter owned by Ash.

Last edited:

NeonVoid

Smash Journeyman
I'm confident in Cinderace too, but if TPC was planning to use the Anime and Ash to spotlight a specific Pokemon coming to Smash (before the virus changed everything) then there's not much we can do about it. However the Anime has been breaking a lot of traditions and challenging a lot of expectations as of late, hopefully this would also mean that they have a different approach in mind for spotlighting the Pokemon coming to Smash. (I might just be over speculating about all this but in the end who can say? Maybe the Gen 8 Smash candidate was chosen long after these episodes were in production.)

Best case scenario IMO is if Goh gets both Sobble and Grookey (which could happen since his dream is to catch every Pokémon and as such he would have to get both of them sooner or later) and as a result the Smash fandom has to admit that a Pokemon coming to Smash doesn't have to be a starter owned by Ash.
I mean, all Pokemon added to Smash have had a role in the anime, but not always with Ash. Lucario and Mewtwo weren't Ashs pokemon (he didn't have Riolu back then), they just had big promotion in the movies. Jigglypuff was just a funny character, but nobody caught the singing Jigglypuff that drew on peoples faces. Even Incineroar was more Kukui (Masked Royals) Pokemon over Ash

If it was about who Ash had with Rowlet, they would've added Decidueye back then (WHICH THEY SHOULD HAVE DONE TO BEGIN WITH!)

Last edited:

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice
I mean, all Pokemon added to Smash have had a role in the anime, but not always with Ash. Lucario and Mewtwo weren't Ashs pokemon (he didn't have Riolu back then), they just had big promotion in the movies. Jigglypuff was just a funny character, but nobody caught the singing Jigglypuff that drew on peoples faces. Even Incineroar was more Kukui (Masked Royals) Pokemon over Ash

If it was about who Ash had with Rowlet, they would've added Decidueye back then (WHICH THEY SHOULD HAVE DONE TO BEGIN WITH!)
Okay, okay. I'll admit that it might just be a coincidence that Ash happens to own every starter in Smash. Like I said they're probably changing it up this time. Both Greninja and Incineroar were chosen because of Sakurai, but for the DLC he said that he's letting Nintendo choose this time. Between the Scorbunny line's popularity and special treatment in both the games and anime, Nintendo would have most likely chosen Cinderace or at least they would have asked Sakurai if he could make it work first. Since Sakurai said that no character has been rejected so far, that means he would have had no problems with adding Cinderace to Smash (assuming everything played out exactly like I said).

If that's not enough we also know that with Min Min, Sakurai talked to the producer of ARMS and he convinced Sakurai to add her. So odds are that Sakurai also spoke with Junichi Masuda and it just so happens that out of the three Galar starters Scorbunny is his favorite

Last edited:

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice
Sobble was caught by Goh, my condolences to the people who were wanting/expecting Ash to get it.

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice
Today is the last day to get Scorbunny in Pokémon Café Mix and complete its Special Challenge Board, tomorrow will be Sobble's turn.

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice
Mini Direct confirmed for July 20th (7am PT)

It's a long-shot but hopefully they'll also announce the next Fighter's Pass character.

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Mini Direct confirmed for July 20th (7am PT)

It's a long-shot but hopefully they'll also announce the next Fighter's Pass character.
It's a Partner Showcase. Meaning third party exclusive titles.

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice
It's a Partner Showcase. Meaning third party exclusive titles.
I know that the direct was going to be mainly showcasing stuff about third-party games (which I can confirm is the case after watching both the English and Japanese directs). With E3 being cancelled a small part of me hoped that we would at least get some more news related to Smash, but it looks like we're going to have to wait a bit longer for that.

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice
Tiny amount of pages for a 100% guaranteed character. Just going to say it.

I'm posting in a thread that will be moved to its own subforum.
Yeah, I agree. You'd think that this thread would have more people talking about it, but I guess that many people haven't realized how likely this character is to be added in Smash yet.

Last edited:

NeonVoid

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, this might be sketchy, but its not like I have a life outside of this anyways.

Anyway, so you know how the character reveals for Pokemon can also be somewhat from anime? A new magazine scan came in, and its been talked about how Goh's Raboot might evolve into Cinderace sooner than we expect! Like, in the autumn (possible something like episode 36 or 37 maybe?).

Also, if they release a Pokemon, there was that other leak I posted ages ago. And while it was posted in a time that doesn't exist, I still think if a Deus Ex spirit event happens like it was said, then a Pokemon could be next

My solid prediction is Cinderace will be Fighter 7 or 8

Then again, we might get Geno next too. Gamestop had a video of a series and a Gamestop rep played some Paper Mario. Then she literally said "I mean, thats why fans freaked out when Geno was announced for Smash." Lots of damage control was done lmao
20200722_005456.png

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Also, would this thread recieve special treatment and change if Cinderace is announced for Smash?
The same happened with Byleth and Min Min, and I'm pretty sure the same with other newcomers, so I'm pretty sure. They mainly just get shifted to a category for the fighter and make the thread into a discussion thread for the character.

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice

Just wanted to let people know that NoA posted that Pokken Tournament DX will have a free trial next week. Hopefully the Pokemon Company has plans to continue the series and we could see more fan favorites like Cinderace be added in future installments.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605

Just wanted to let people know that NoA posted that Pokken Tournament DX will have a free trial next week. Hopefully the Pokemon Company has plans to continue the series and we could see more fan favorites like Cinderace be added in future installments.
We can all agree Pokken was much better than Unite.

NeonVoid

Smash Journeyman
YES! Pokken didn't get the attention it deserved because it came out on Wii U, but it didn't blow up on Switch because the DX version didn't have anything new besides mainly Decidueye

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
What refrained me from getting this game was mainly the fact that none of the playable Pokemon are among my favorites.

NeonVoid

Smash Journeyman
Also, let me remind yall

Fire Emblem Warriors went free for Japan players with Switch Online, about two weeks before Byleth's reveal.

Arms got revealed to be free as well and we get Min Min.

Now with Pokken free, could it be possible that we get a Pokemon rep as CP7?

It's possible we get another Direct Mini Showcase on Monday.

Also, if Cinderace gets revealed, I'll do a giveaway on my Twitch stream

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice
Also, let me remind yall

Fire Emblem Warriors went free for Japan players with Switch Online, about two weeks before Byleth's reveal.

Arms got revealed to be free as well and we get Min Min.

Now with Pokken free, could it be possible that we get a Pokemon rep as CP7?

It's possible we get another Direct Mini Showcase on Monday.

Also, if Cinderace gets revealed, I'll do a giveaway on my Twitch stream
Well so far we haven't gotten any announcement yet. However with the Mario 35th anniversary happening around the corner I wouldn't be surprised if we'll be getting some major news in August. Nintendo is having an Investor's Meeting next week (Aug 6), so maybe they'll announce a direct around that time?

NeonVoid

Smash Journeyman
Well so far we haven't gotten any announcement yet. However with the Mario 35th anniversary happening around the corner I wouldn't be surprised if we'll be getting some major news in August. Nintendo is having an Investor's Meeting next week (Aug 6), so maybe they'll announce a direct around that time?
Yeah, the Mini showcases seem to be a series, so it's possible we get another one on August 3 (online maintenance scheduled then), Shadow on Twitter is looking for an exact date and I can get back to yall on this.

Something was also mentioned about a general Direct in September, as well as a Mario game slated for release in that month

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice
So I wanted to try my hand at making a moveset/gimmick for Cinderace incase we get an announcement/reveal soon. I only spent less than a week working on it so it’s not going to go over everything, just Cinderace’s specials and Final Smash. Feel free to critique it.
Inspired by other people’s movesets, Ryu, and Cinderace’s Shield dex entry which mentions how it's skilled at both offense and defense. This moveset will let Cinderace have different specials that are suited for either defensive or offensive play, as a result it will have access to a total of 8 sort of unique special moves.

All “defensive” moves will be done though a light, quick press of the button and all “offensive” moves will be done though a longer, heavy press of the button. You can cancel out of the early animation of a “defensive” move into its “offensive” version but you’ll end up doing less damage as a result.

Neutral specials

Light input - EMBER (projectile):

1596267550030.png

Cinderace will kick a small fireball in a short arc (basically it’s that one idle animation it has for Pokemon battles), the fireball will not do much damage but it can be a useful tool for zoning out your opponent and edgeguarding.

Heavy input - PYROBALL (“chargeable” projectile):

1596267641696.png

Holding down the special button would have Cinderace create and juggle a Pyroball with its feet, longer you hold it down the bigger it will get with each juggle (much like the in game animation). You can kick the Pyroball at any time by letting go of the button or if you let it grow to its max size Cinderace will automatically kick it away. If you cancel out of the move before it's kicked away or if the Pyroball hits a wall the Pyroball will then become a solid object and will basically function the same as a soccer ball / football in Smash (which means that anyone can use it). The ball will however slowly shrink and eventually disappear if left unattended for too long, so the player will need to make sure to keep an eye on it.

Cinderace can only have one Pyroball on the field at anytime and as a result Cinderace’s Neutral special will default to EMBER, however if you use your neutral special near a Pyroball (or a soccer ball / football) Cinderace will put its foot on the ball and the player will be able to use special inputs to move the ball.
  • Pressing the special button again will cause Cinderace to juggle the ball and continue with the original PYROBALL animation.

• Holding a direction then pressing the special button will do the following:
Up - Cinderace will bounce the ball onto its head and then bounce it straight up.

Up + Forward - Cinderace will bounce the ball up and then hit it forward with its head

Up + Back - Cinderace will bounce the ball up and then hit it backwards with its head

Forward - Cinderace will kick the ball forwards into the air

Down + Forward - Cinderace will kick the ball closer to the ground

Back - Cinderace will kick the ball backwards into the air

Down + Back - Cinderace will kick the ball backwards closer to the ground

Down - Cinderace will do a fake kick

Side specials

Light input - HEADBUTT / IRON HEAD / ZEN HEADBUTT:

1596267686646.png

Similar to Pikachu, Pichu, and Luigi’s Side Special, Cinderace will fly forward to do a headbutt. This move will have armor making it safe to use in many situations and can cause opponents to flinch if they are standing on the ground. This move can be used to reflect back certain projectiles and if used on a Pyroball the ball will grow one size bigger if it isn’t at max size.

Heavy input - GOALIE DIVE (command grab):

1596266694055.png

Since Sakurai gave Incineroar a unique Side Special, I’d imagine he’d do the same for Cinderace. Inspired by Captain Falcon & Ganon’s Side Special, Roberto Miura's shining save move (from Capcom's Rival Schools franchise), and actual goalies Cinderace will dive forward with its arms stretched out to catch and kick away any object that comes into contact with it on the ground or in the air. (If used on a Pyroball the ball will grow one size bigger if it isn’t at max size after being kicked.) If you catch an opponent with this move Cinderace will pull them down to the ground (or blast zone) and then kick them away like a ball.

Up specials

Light input - BOUNCE:

1596266555518.png
1596266623907.png

Similar to Lucario’s Up special, Cinderace will jump upwards with the player being able to angle the direction. This move is invincible at the start of its animation but will do no damage unless you land on top of your opponent.

Heavy input - HIGH JUMP KICK:

1596266276028.png

Cinderace will jump up and do a powerful knee kick. However if you don’t hit anything or anyone before landing on the ground you’ll take a bit of recoil damage as a result. if used on a Pyroball the ball will grow one size bigger if it isn’t at max size.

Down specials

Light input - BULK UP + AGILITY + WORK UP (temporary buffs):

1596266251289.png

Cinderace will be able to raise one of its stats with this move. For the sake of game balance, power ups do not stack, will override one another, and you cannot choose which power up you want, you will have to cycle through these three stat buffs starting with Bulk up.
  1. Bulk Up: Cinderace flexes and gains a temporary increase in defense.
  2. Agility: Cinderace will do some fancy footwork and gains a temporary increase in speed.
  3. Work Up: Cinderace pumps itself up and gains a temporary increase in attack.
Using any of these moves will also power up nearby teammates and NPCs (assist trophies and pokeball pokemon) via the move COUCHING. A shield, a shoe, or a sword icon will appear above the character to represent which power up the character currently has. Also if you cancel out of this move too early then the power up will only last half as long and if you are interrupted by an attack then you don't get anything.

Heavy input - COUNTER (counter):

1596266180110.png

A basic counter which counters attacks and can reflect certain projectiles. If used to reflect a Pyroball the ball will grow one size bigger if it isn’t at max size.

Final Smash: G-MAX FIREBALL (cinematic Final Smash):

1596267348536.png
1596267356708.png
1596267417571.png

Using COURT CHANGE, opponents are teleported to a random Galar stadium in front of a goal net. Cinderace turns into Gigantamax Cinderace and uses G-max Fireball towards the goal, then the perspective shifts to the opponent’s POV as the giant fireball flies towards them. The fireball destroys the goalies and the crowd goes wild.

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
So I wanted to try my hand at making a moveset/gimmick for Cinderace incase we get an announcement/reveal soon. I only spent less than a week working on it so it’s not going to go over everything, just Cinderace’s specials and Final Smash. Feel free to critique it.
Inspired by other people’s movesets, Ryu, and Cinderace’s Shield dex entry which mentions how it's skilled at both offense and defense. This moveset will let Cinderace have different specials that are suited for either defensive or offensive play, as a result it will have access to a total of 8 sort of unique special moves.

All “defensive” moves will be done though a light, quick press of the button and all “offensive” moves will be done though a longer, heavy press of the button. You can cancel out of the early animation of a “defensive” move into its “offensive” version but you’ll end up doing less damage as a result.

Neutral specials

View attachment 280719

Cinderace will kick a small fireball in a short arc (basically it’s that one idle animation it has for Pokemon battles), the fireball will not do much damage but it can be a useful tool for zoning out your opponent and edgeguarding.

View attachment 280720

Holding down the special button would have Cinderace create and juggle a Pyroball with its feet, longer you hold it down the bigger it will get with each juggle (much like the in game animation). You can kick the Pyroball at any time by letting go of the button or if you let it grow to its max size Cinderace will automatically kick it away. If you cancel out of the move before it's kicked away or if the Pyroball hits a wall the Pyroball will then become a solid object and will basically function the same as a soccer ball / football in Smash (which means that anyone can use it). The ball will however slowly shrink and eventually disappear if left unattended for too long, so the player will need to make sure to keep an eye on it.

Cinderace can only have one Pyroball on the field at anytime and as a result Cinderace’s Neutral special will default to EMBER, however if you use your neutral special near a Pyroball (or a soccer ball / football) Cinderace will put its foot on the ball and the player will be able to use special inputs to move the ball.
  • Pressing the special button again will cause Cinderace to juggle the ball and continue with the original PYROBALL animation.

Up - Cinderace will bounce the ball onto its head and then bounce it straight up.

Up + Forward - Cinderace will bounce the ball up and then hit it forward with its head

Up + Back - Cinderace will bounce the ball up and then hit it backwards with its head

Side specials

View attachment 280721

Similar to Pikachu, Pichu, and Luigi’s Side Special, Cinderace will fly forward to do a headbutt. This move will have armor making it safe to use in many situations and can cause opponents to flinch if they are standing on the ground. This move can be used to reflect back certain projectiles and if used on a Pyroball the ball will grow one size bigger if it isn’t at max size.

View attachment 280705

Since Sakurai gave Incineroar a unique Side Special, I’d imagine he’d do the same for Cinderace. Inspired by Captain Falcon & Ganon’s Side Special, Roberto Miura's shining save move (from Capcom's Rival Schools franchise), and actual goalies Cinderace will dive forward with its arms stretched out to catch and kick away any object that comes into contact with it on the ground or in the air. (If used on a Pyroball the ball will grow one size bigger if it isn’t at max size after being kicked.) If you catch an opponent with this move Cinderace will pull them down to the ground (or blast zone) and then kick them away like a ball.

Up specials

Light input - BOUNCE:

View attachment 280703View attachment 280704

Similar to Lucario’s Up special, Cinderace will jump upwards with the player being able to angle the direction. This move is invincible at the start of its animation but will do no damage unless you land on top of your opponent.

View attachment 280701
Cinderace will jump up and do a powerful knee kick. However if you don’t hit anything or anyone before landing on the ground you’ll take a bit of recoil damage as a result. if used on a Pyroball the ball will grow one size bigger if it isn’t at max size.

Down specials

View attachment 280699

Cinderace will be able to raise one of its stats with this move. For the sake of game balance, power ups do not stack, will override one another, and you cannot choose which power up you want, you will have to cycle through these three stat buffs starting with Bulk up.
  2. Agility: Cinderace will do some fancy footwork and gains a temporary increase in speed.
Using any of these moves will also power up nearby teammates and NPCs (assist trophies and pokeball pokemon) via the move COUCHING. A shield, a shoe, or a sword icon will appear above the character to represent which power up the character currently has. Also if you cancel out of this move too early then the power up will only last half as long and if you are interrupted by an attack then you don't get anything.

View attachment 280698
A basic counter which counters attacks and can reflect certain projectiles. If used to reflect a Pyroball the ball will grow one size bigger if it isn’t at max size.

View attachment 280715View attachment 280716View attachment 280718

Using COURT CHANGE, opponents are teleported to a random Galar stadium in front of a goal net. Cinderace turns into Gigantamax Cinderace and uses G-max Fireball towards the goal, then the perspective shifts to the opponent’s POV as the giant fireball flies towards them. The fireball destroys the goalies and the crowd goes wild.
That's actually really cool. I'll add it to the OP later. That and a few other things at least.

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
It's really cool! I would play him so much.
I love how you added court change to his final smash, really great idea. I can envision it!

NeonVoid

Smash Journeyman

Neutral specials

View attachment 280719

View attachment 280720

Side specials

View attachment 280721

View attachment 280705

Up specials

Light input - BOUNCE:

View attachment 280703View attachment 280704

View attachment 280701

Down specials

View attachment 280699

View attachment 280698

View attachment 280715View attachment 280716View attachment 280718

Wow, so I actually came on to post about two things, and one was my finished moveset where I made cheering a gimmick. It's completely different, but I find it cool how we both used the Shield entry for Cinderace. Here's mine too!

Cinderace - Fighter's Pass 2 (hopefully challenger pack 7 or 8, don't crucify me)
Alright, so I know it's been a while, but I have officially made improvements to the Cinderace moveset to turn this guy into a fun character, while still keeping his stereotype in the main games. In this, damage percentages and frames have been added, Court Change has been replaced with Bounce, and Cheering is a new gimmick that goes beyond in-game abilities. I knew Cinderace's personality wasn't represented enough previously, so based on his pokedex description, I figured a gimmick that revolves around cheering and determination would show who he is the most and keep his personality away from mimicking Incineroar.

As always, if you have any questions or suggestions, please let me know! Also, I was thinking of uploading a moveset video of this like the Youtubers Toxiquid and Felicia Fan, does anyone know of any good artists?

Why Cinderace?

Currently, Cinderace is noted as the most popular starter Pokemon in Sword and Shield, and perhaps one of the best new Pokemon in the games. Not only that, but Cinderace has some of the cleanest animations in the game, especially his signature move, Pyro Ball. Because of that, I have been able to design a moveset which makes Cinderace original. Also, this whole evolution line has received a lot of promotion just like Greninja and Incineroar, and I see people warming up to Cinderace everyday, so I strongly believe that this guy will most likely be added in FP2 and release over other Pokemon like Rillaboom, a Grass type. I definitely believe this makes Cinderace a fun and bright character that people can actually enjoy and not hate and argue about, because in the end, what matters most is a character that’s fun to play with.

The cheer gimmick was added upon reviewing the pokedex description for Cinderace in Pokemon Shield, which says “It's skilled at both offense and defense, and it gets pumped up when cheered on.” That's when it snapped for me. When Byleth was revealed, Sakurai said that he and the team wanted to make the most out of another FE character, and sure enough, he was unique. I feel that this cheering gimmick would make Cinderace a very bright and innovative character, despite already having two Fire type starters in the game like Charizard and Incineroar.

His moves below are designed to work like they do in-game. For example, Pyro Ball in Sword and Shield does the same amount of damage as Flare Blitz, so logically. Pyro Ball and Flare Blitz in Smash would do the same amount of damage.

Updates
  • Court Change was replaced with Bounce for Down Special. I contemplated having Court Change flip the stage over, but I knew that would either make Cinderace too confusing or too powerful. Luckily, Bounce is much more useful and funny if you use it wrong.
  • Blaze has been replaced with Cheering for a gimmick to represent who Cinderace is and solely for an entertaining player.
  • Damage done by moves and frame data has been added
  • Jab damage has been added
  • Down air has also been changed

As such, every character has both advantages and disadvantages, so I hope there will be a fair balance like other characters.

Jabs: Cinderace will throw out a series of fists, comes out on frame 3 and deal around 17% damage., one of the fastest jabs in the game for quick damage or for getting out of disadvantage state. This is one of the moves with laggy animations and buffering time, which could leave you vulnerable if the opponent is out of range from the jab.

Side Tilt: Cinderace will release a roundhouse kick directly in front of it. Like Greninja’s side tilt, this will start on frame 10 and does around 8% damage.

Up Tilt: Cinderace will simply hop up and use a headbutt upwards like a soccer player when they use their heads (imagine Pikachu's up grab). Comes out on frame 8 and does around 6% damage.

Down Tilt: Cinderace will do a low sweep kick on the ground. This generally has a 30% chance to trip the opponents. Comes out on frame 6 and also does around 6% damage.

Dash Attack: Cinderace will simply charge forward and slam its elbow into the opponent and push them down towards the ground (imagine the taunt that Incineroar does when he lands his dash attack). This will come out and attack on frame 8 and does around 14% damage. With the strike and elbow, this move would act as a double hit.

Neutral Aerial: Cinderace, like Mario, will release a kick in the direction he’s facing. This will come out and start attacking at frame 5 and is good for pressuring opponents, while additionally doing nearly 7% damage.

Forward Aerial: This move would run like Captain Falcons kick, where Cinderace jabs a flaming knee forward. This will come out at frame 7 and does around 16% damage.

Back Aerial: Cinderace will rotate 180* and slam the back of his foot into the opponent. This comes out on frame 11 and will deal nearly 13% damage.

Up Aerial: Once in the air, Cinderace will backflip into an uppercut kick. This will come out at frame 8 and will do about 8% damage.

Down Aerial: With this move, like other select fighters, you can spike opponents. Cinderace will stomp three feet directly below him (imagine the motion where Kirby/Meta Knight does a downward grab). Additionally, if you hit an opponent while on stage with this while they're on the ground, this will bury them. Likewise, this move comes out at frames 9, 11 and 14, with the final kick being the strongest. In order of kicks, the damage will be 4% -> 4% -> 10%, with the final kick having a meteor effect.

Forward Smash: Cinderace now has a stronger roundhouse kick, which slams forward. The hitbox will start at frame 5 and will do about 16% damage.

Down Smash: Cinderace will literally do the split and move his feet around him, covering both the front and the back. Like the most recent fighter addition, Min Min, the animations would be similar to hers, but weaker in terms of frames after the attacks are done, as it would take longer for Cinderace to get up. This comes out at frame 6 but doesn't end until frame 18, with laggy animation and buffering to follow.

Up Smash: Cinderace does a backflip and swings his feet above him. The hitbox will start in the direction Cinderace is facing and starts at frame 3, the hitbox will be directly above Cinderace at frame 6, and the hitbox will finally begin to diminish at frame 9.

Basic Grabs:. Cinderace will grab the opponent and knee them in the stomach. Starts at frame 2, usually does around 2% for the pummels.

Forward Throw: Cinderace will push the opponent in front of him and push him away using his foot (good going into a down tilt). This does around 6% in damage.

Down Throw: Cinderace will do what Greninja does for his Down B and will simply throw the opponent towards the ground. Like Greninja, this is good for transitioning into combos. This does about 10% damage, which is why many combos have an origin of down throw due to the ability to avoid buffering delays.

Back Throw: Cinderace will throw the opponent backward and give them a hard knee, which is good for a kill-confirm at the ledge if the opponent is near 100-120%. This will do extra damage and the dark-lightning screen will occur if cheering is active (more on the cheering gimmick below) and can kill most heavyweights at 80%, with lightweights being KO’d as early as 50%.

Up Throw: Cinderace will headbutt the opponent upright, kind of like how a soccer player would hit a ball with their head. This, like forward throw, also does around 6% damage.

Neutral B: Pyro Ball

The charge time would be very slow, but the Pyro Ball can bounce around the stage. Tap B for a small Pyro Ball (good for edgeguarding), does about 12%, but you can tap the button twice for a large and durable one that can bounce across the ground and off the stage, as well as do as much damage as Charizard’s Flare Blitz, which is about 28% damage.. After charging, you can press B at any time to release it (unless you get hit), so Cinderace can maneuver the ball within his feet while moving. You can even kick it behind you while offstage if you flick the joystick and press B at the right time. This move has roughly the same animation as in Sword and Shield, which includes the clean sound effects. If cheering is active, the fully-charged Pyro Ball will do a whopping 38% damage, and the dark-lightning screen will appear if contact is made. The small Pyro Ball comes out at frame 9, while the charged one comes out at frame 13. Additionally, cheering will lower the start-up time to frame 6 and frame 9 respectively. Like a Gordo from Dedede, this can be knocked around the stage, and the ball will get bigger every time Cinderace kicks it back, and the ball will disappear once it deals damage.

Side B: Iron Head

Cinderace would charge forward and slam his head into the opponent. This can be used for knockback, but could leave you vulnerable if you missed (imagine Banjo’s side B). This move comes out almost instantly and the hitbox is active at frame 3, dealing around 15% damage. If cheering is active, this move will spike an opponent upon contact if hit while offstage, as well as spike them on-stage. This move additionally goes up to 20% damage during cheering.

Up B: High Jump Kick

When recovering after being hit off stage, Cinderace will move upward like Captain Falcon, but at breakneck speed. On the ground, Cinderace will charge ahead and do a 360* spin kick and deal a good amount of damage (like Little Mac’s neutral B, but without charge time and vulnerability frames, and no laggy animations/buffering). The hitbox comes out at frame 5 and the move does 12% damage. When cheering is active, a shield break can occur, and the power goes up to 22% damage, but no difference in frames.

Down B: Bounce

This Flying type move is similar to the up special (recovery) of Fox. Cinderace will have a white gust of wind form around him, and he will move in the direction of your joystick. Like the name suggests, you can actually bounce back up in the air if you miss the opponent the first time. The only downside is you can ONLY use it while in the air. If you try using it on the ground, Cinderace will “think he can fly” and jump up, flap his arms like wings and ultimately fail by falling on to the ground. Cinderace will have the same penalty of being tripped if this move is used like so. The animation is really good if you’re looking for humor. Cinderace will begin to move in the chosen direction on frame 8, and this does as much as 18% damage. This does as much as 24% damage if the cheering gimmick is active.

Gimmick - Cheering: I figured I’d make the most out of the possibilities for Cinderace, so this is a gimmick that boosts this character's power when cheered on. There will be a bar above the player icon (kind of like the MP bar on Hero), but this will work somewhat like a limit gauge, where the power boosts will only occur when the bar is filled. Cinderace, unlike any other character, can get the crowd to cheer with almost anything stylish he does, including a combo or edgeguarding, or even a strong hit from a move like a smash attack or Pyro Ball. Even gasps will fill this gauge. When cheering is activated and in effect, the whole crowd will go crazy and cheer like in the backgrounds of the gym stadiums in the actual Sword and Shield games. Like the Smash Meter, this gauge will slowly dwindle as soon as it's active. To avoid this being too powerful and unbeatable, this will mainly affect grabs, specials and smash attacks, with tilts and aerials practically unaffected.

Also, there is a fun little easter egg with Bounce. If you constantly use Bounce on the ground, the audience will start laughing, and this will also power up Cinderace. Not good for competition, but like all characters, easter eggs are just there for fun and nothing more.

Final Smash: Gigantamax Cinderace

Cinderace will start by throwing a Pyro Ball at the opponent, dealing around 15% damage and will cut to a cinematic. This cutscene takes place at the Wyndon Stadium, and the opponent will get up, only to be met with Cinderace Gigantamaxing and kicking his strong “mind of its own” Pyro Ball towards the opponent, who is small and powerless against this giant fireball, which does about 50% damage. Cool cinematic with the size comparison between the player and Gigantamax Cinderace.

Speed & Jumps: Cinderace will maintain a low jumping distance, but can move extremely fast. While High Jump Kick is an excellent recovery option, Cinderace’s speed and jumps are somewhat on par with Little Mac.

The clasic route, stage and additional info doesn't need to be added, since nothing has changed, but if anyone wants to see those, let me know!

The second thing was a render posted this morning for Cinderace in Smash, done by TeamDestinations on Twitter!

Attachments

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice
So far nothing has been announced for August 3 other than that online maintenance thing, but that's not important right now because today is Sakurai's 50th birthday!

1596438730825.png

Happy Birthday Mr. Sakurai, thank you for being awesome and making Smash the best crossover fighting game ever!

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice
I guess we're not getting a direct before Nintendo's Investor's Meeting.

But hey, at least we got a new stage.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I guess we're not getting a direct before Nintendo's Investor's Meeting.

But hey, at least we got a new stage.

I question why this exists.
At least we can have badass final battle music playing on FD and Battlefield.

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice
The latest sales figures have come out and Pokémon Sword and Shield have sold 18.22 Million copies surpassing Diamond and Pearl (17.67 M), which make these games the best selling modern titles and the 3rd best selling Pokémon entries behind Red/Green/Blue (31.38 M) and Gold/Silver (23.1M).

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Finally we can start talking again, anyways they updated the opening for the Anime

Also we got a preview of Cinderace!
View attachment 281782
That is probably the fastest fully evolved main pokemon I've seen for awhile now. But from the shots I saw, we're going back to Alola and we're going through the events of SWSH. I hope we get to see Ash's old pokemon (Rowlet, Incineroar, Melmetal, Lycanroc) when we do go back there.

NeonVoid

Smash Journeyman
Here's my honest theory, I think Goh will catch Grookey too, unfortunately. That's alright though, given Ash already has all six Pokemon, the rest he can swap out occasionally with older Pokemon.

Besides that, if Goh gets all three starters, why not add Goh to Smash? Unrealistic, definitely. Still, it would make sense and would be cool to see, as Goh has become one of my favorite characters in the anime

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Here's my honest theory, I think Goh will catch Grookey too, unfortunately. That's alright though, given Ash already has all six Pokemon, the rest he can swap out occasionally with older Pokemon.

Besides that, if Goh gets all three starters, why not add Goh to Smash? Unrealistic, definitely. Still, it would make sense and would be cool to see, as Goh has become one of my favorite characters in the anime
I just wish Goh would actually use his pokemon. He occasionally uses some but the only ones with important roles were his Beedrill, Scyther, Golurk, Darmanitan, Cubone, and Skwovet. Everything else is sorta, there.

Top Bottom