• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokkén Tournament Blaziken lacking in Field Phase?

NintendoPSX

Smash Journeyman
Blaziken is quite amazing in Duel Phase making use of stun hits into further combo's but his Field Phase seems lacking to me. Anyone else feel so? Got any tips for better Field Phase maneuvering/attacking?

Last edited:

RyeSSB

Smash Cadet
NNID
RyanTheDrummer
3DS FC
3652-0543-2675
Blaziken lacks a bit in field phase as his projectiles are fairly slow, but he excels in duel phase which I think makes up for it.

Baby_Sneak

Smash Champion
NNID
sneak_diss
Block, dash, homing attack, and run to you opponent. But, you have to constant analyze and watch them to know for sure which action you should.

NintendoPSX

Smash Journeyman
Block, dash, homing attack, and run to you opponent. But, you have to constant analyze and watch them to know for sure which action you should.
Yeah I've mostly come to just run around and shield what I can till they dash in close and I'll aim for either X combo or homing air.

Envioux

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Envioux
I disagree actually. While he may not have as many crazy options in field phase compared to a Pokemon like Suicune, for example, Blazekin has quite a few tools to beat out a lot of other Pokemon's field projectiles with well timed inputs. Blazekin's side Y attack will beat stuff like Braixen, Pikachu's, Sceptile side Y attacks. (I hope that's coherent enough, I don't know the actual notation people are gonna use for this stuff. I was going to say 1/3 Y but I had no clue if anyone would understand what I am talking about.)

Another example is if Suicune is charging a laser straight you can just jump and dash with R in air, then punish with X. There's plenty of other moves he can clash or straight up beat out with different moves, I plan on figuring out exactly what moves Blazekin can beat out or clash with, as well what moves he loses to. I'll try to get a video up about these sort of things for Blazekin asap.

NintendoPSX

Smash Journeyman
I disagree actually. While he may not have as many crazy options in field phase compared to a Pokemon like Suicune, for example, Blazekin has quite a few tools to beat out a lot of other Pokemon's field projectiles with well timed inputs. Blazekin's side Y attack will beat stuff like Braixen, Pikachu's, Sceptile side Y attacks. (I hope that's coherent enough, I don't know the actual notation people are gonna use for this stuff. I was going to say 1/3 Y but I had no clue if anyone would understand what I am talking about.)

Another example is if Suicune is charging a laser straight you can just jump and dash with R in air, then punish with X. There's plenty of other moves he can clash or straight up beat out with different moves, I plan on figuring out exactly what moves Blazekin can beat out or clash with, as well what moves he loses to. I'll try to get a video up about these sort of things for Blazekin asap.
A video would be quite nice actually. I've seen lots of my projectiles just outright lose to others projectiles and even moves sometimes. I've seen others agree but if you can prove ways to block them out, that'd be super cool!

Envioux

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Envioux
A video would be quite nice actually. I've seen lots of my projectiles just outright lose to others projectiles and even moves sometimes. I've seen others agree but if you can prove ways to block them out, that'd be super cool!
My video is almost complete, I have all the data compiled for duel phase since that was my priority but with some labbing I can also get a separate video up for the field phase since they're both going to be rather extensive. If you or anyone would like to help me with my recording (by basically doing the moves I tell you to do with every character) I'd be really glad since atm I don't have anyone to help me. But as anyone can probably guess, it's going to be a little tedious.

Last edited:

NintendoPSX

Smash Journeyman
My video is almost complete, I have all the data compiled for duel phase since that was my priority but with some labbing I can also get a separate video up for the field phase since they're both going to be rather extensive. If you or anyone would like to help me with my recording (by basically doing the moves I tell you to do with every character) I'd be really glad since atm I don't have anyone to help me. But as anyone can probably guess, it's going to be a little tedious.
I might be able to help, but I'd possibly delay any video since I'm moving within this week and next week so recording would be spread out as I move across state to a new house.

Envioux

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Envioux
Well, my video plans are no longer necessary. Someone beat me to it and I guess also labbed the data themselves.

Last edited:
Top Bottom