• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Black Knight for Brawl (SPOILERS AHEAD)

Saph66

Smash Journeyman
Both the Black Knight and Ike were trained by the same person, they're going to have a very similar fighting style, he would be clonish; seriously they could just slap black armor on Ike because he's very similar to the Black Knight. If any character was slower than Ike, they would be unusable. Also if you played RD you would know that the Black Knight's armor is no longer "blessed"

You final point is just about superficial garbage (his looks), the only way I could see his theme playing is if it's him vs Ike in the SE. Oh and Gatrie would never get in(perhaps as a sticker).

-Knight
>_> Frigg guy, you got a spoiler in there and ruined it......the non blessed armor thing. Please warn of spoilers or put it in black.....wow.

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
You presented that side of the argument quite well however you also forget another big problem the black knight has to face; the fact that he is not a main character; I mean heck he's not even a central boss in either of the two games he appeared it.

He has to compete with Marth, Roy, Micaiah, Sigurd and a bunch of other's who are more important than he is in their respective FE storylines.

Adding the Black Knight instead of a lord (main character) would almost be like adding Toad(or any other relatively unimportant Mario character) instead of Luigi.

He never had a good shot to begin with and with Ike revealed to be slow that should of been the nail in the Black Knight's coffin.

-Knight
Who gives a horse **** if he isn't? He's the spice of the story. He stirs it up, by killing Greil and his mysterious disapearence from the collapsing castle(if you kill him). So what if he's not the central boss of both games he was in? Ridley wasn't either.

Ridley is to Samus as BK is to Ike. They're not enemies, rather rivals. Ridley killed Samus' parents IN FRONT OF HER EYES. BK killed Ike's father. They're both reoccurring, stir up, and give excitement to the story.

Sigurd's an Ike alt. Marth's everything but confirmed. Roy is lol, he was put in for advertisement. No one really gave a **** about him, and NOBODY knew who he was until Melee. He hasn't gotten much of a fanbase even then. Miciah would be too weak, but she is competing with BK for the spot.

Ike being a slow swordsman makes BK deconfirmed, is the only relevant arguement. But, that's like saying all slow swordsman are clones. BK is probably going to be Ike's speed, but heavier, more powerful, and has much potential. This is like saying Marth's deconfirmed because Metaknight is a fast swordsman.

All that arguement is, is a disguised clone arguement. Black Knight can barely be an Ike clone. He has Eclipse, his crit animation, and many things. His transportation powder can be his Up B. His Eclipse can work like Marth's horizontal B. He has MUCH potential.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
I disagree. I think Sakurai said he wanted to add more rival/antagonist characters to SSBB (Samurai Panda's translation thread, I think it was). Black Knight is the best candidate for a Fire Emblem rival imo. He's much more of a rival/antagonist than MetaKnight, that's for sure. Yeah, he isn't the primary villain/final boss, but I don't think there are really too many final bosses in Fire Emblem that are reasonable, and I really don't think they will add an antagonist from any Fire Emblem in the game unless there is the primary character from said game also in (example: Nergal was announced and Eliwood, Lyn, Hector, or anyone from there army isn't, that would be very strange, not that Nergal has a chance at all. How about them announcing Black Shadow with no Captain Falcon? Or SquareEnix making a Dissidia: Final Fantasy with Sephiroth but no Cloud?).

I recall Sakurai saying something like that as well, however that does not mean that every single franchise has to have a villain/antagonist like character now does it? All of the villain/antagonists have been of central importance to their respective games, the Black Knight is not. Why should he get in over more important characters to the Fire Emblem franchise?

How would you say the Black Knight is much more of a rival/antagonist than Metaknight, I'm curious about your reasoning to get to that conclusion.

I'm pretty confident that, with the exception of retro characters (Ice Climbers) and characters from series that don't have a reasonable antagonist at all (Captain Olimar, Animal Crossing character), I think every character from every major Nintendo series will have a 'rival' character to match.

Yes, I am a strong supporter of Ridley (or even Dark Samus), King K. Rool, Black Shadow, and Wolf.
I think the Black Knight would be a perfect boss in the SE, not as a playable character as more deserving/important Fire Emblem characters should get in before the Black Knight. I mean if the Black Knight was actually important to the timeline of PoR to RD even I may of supported him but guess what? He's not.

Just because some series are getting an villain/antagonist does not mean "every" series should or will get one, especially unimportant villain's/antagonists.

>_> Frigg guy, you got a spoiler in there and ruined it......the non blessed armor thing. Please warn of spoilers or put it in black.....wow.
Hmm, sorry about that...it's not even a big spoiler once you do play. I apologize.

-Knight

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Who gives a horse **** if he isn't? He's the spice of the story. He stirs it up, by killing Greil and his mysterious disapearence from the collapsing castle(if you kill him). So what if he's not the central boss of both games he was in? Ridley wasn't either.
Obviously not you, since you don't care whether or not a character is actually is important to the overall story, just if they look cool. Please don't spew such subjective bullcrap like, "He was the spice of the story" because that wasn't the driving force for everyone to play PoR.

He's not the central boss and he's not even of central importance in the entirety of PoR and RD. I mean antagonists like Bowser, Ganondorf, King Dedede played the major role in their respective games, the Black Knight did not.

Ridley is to Samus as BK is to Ike. They're not enemies, rather rivals. Ridley killed Samus' parents IN FRONT OF HER EYES. BK killed Ike's father. They're both reoccurring, stir up, and give excitement to the story.
Where are the 10 metriod games with an ever changing cast an a plethora of important main characters? To the best of my knowledge the metriod series does not have that many standout characters so a Ridley addition seems reasonable to me, the series is underreped and doesn't have that many notable characters to choose from, Fire Emblem does not have the same problem as metriod

Ike being a slow swordsman makes BK deconfirmed, is the only relevant arguement. But, that's like saying all slow swordsman are clones. BK is probably going to be Ike's speed, but heavier, more powerful, and has much potential. This is like saying Marth's deconfirmed because Metaknight is a fast swordsman.
So the Black Knight's relevance to the storyline of PoR and RD is irrelevant? You are aware Fire Emblem is a SRPG, that is story heavy? Tell me why the story of Fire Emblem is irrelevant.

All that arguement is, is a disguised clone arguement. Black Knight can barely be an Ike clone. He has Eclipse, his crit animation, and many things. His transportation powder can be his Up B. His Eclipse can work like Marth's horizontal B. He has MUCH potential.
How is my argument disguised as a clone argument? I said that the Black Knight does not have much relevance to PoR and RD, that is a given fact.

-Knight

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
"Unimportant"? Take Black Knight out of PoR/RD completely, then you got Miciah killed, Greil alive, boring storyline, and no stir and interest.
I don't see what point your trying to make with that comment. You cannot change a story once it has been written. The Black Knight is not that important, at least not as important as your making him out to be, however you want to play this dumb "what if " game I'll play too.

Tell me what purpose the Black Knight would have if Greil never existed?

Tell me what purpose the Black Knight would have if the Goddess Ashera never created the world in which beorc and laguz lived in.

:dizzy:

-Knight

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
I don't see what point your trying to make with that comment. You cannot change a story once it has been written. The Black Knight is not that important, at least not as important as your making him out to be, however you want to play this dumb "what if " game I'll play too.

Tell me what purpose the Black Knight would have if Greil never existed?

Tell me what purpose the Black Knight would have if the Goddess Ashera never created the world in which beorc and laguz lived in.

:dizzy:

-Knight
Greil not existing, means that Ike wouldn't exist. He's his father.

Uhh...I don't see any conflictions with that scenario. If there are, don't tell me unless it's been revealed up to Elincia's Gambit.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Black Knight is only important to Ike.

The rest don't care about him and his doings. Black Knight for Boss or AT. Boss is more likely.

I prefer seeing another FE Villian being playable, like Alvis from Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu.

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
Black Knight is only important to Ike.

The rest don't care about him and his doings. Black Knight for Boss or AT. Boss is more likely.

I prefer seeing another FE Villian being playable, like Alvis from Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu.
No more japanese only characters.

By The Way, Black Knight is why Miciah is still living. Also, by the way you describe him he's Ike's Rival.

It's laughable a Roy supporter wouldn't want BK as a PC.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016

By The Way, Black Knight is why Miciah is still living. Also, by the way you describe him he's Ike's Rival.

Did I said anything about a Japanse-Only character?

He's precisely Ike's Rival, even more, his Nemesis. Ike wants him dead, or something like that.

It's laughable how you think all Roy supporters should support the BK as a PC. Black Knight is NOT that important to Fire Emblem like other characters, even Leaf (yes, Leaf, from FE5) is more important. And no villian from Fire Emblem is actually deserving to a PC spot.

DarkVision

Smash Journeyman

He's precisely Ike's Rival, even more, his Nemesis. Ike wants him dead, or something like that.

It's laughable how you think all Roy supporters should support the BK as a PC. Black Knight is NOT that important to Fire Emblem like other characters, even Leaf (yes, Leaf, from FE5) is more important. And no villian from Fire Emblem is actually deserving to a PC spot.
Why? Without the villains the heroes would have nothing to do...

that would be a boring game just walking around the screen with no one to fight.

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace

Since you're ignoring my points, I won't even continue. Oh, and that Albus guy you mentioned contradicts the point of "no villain deserves a PC spot".

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Since you're ignoring my points, I won't even continue. Oh, and that Albus guy you mentioned contradicts the point of "no villain deserves a PC spot".
It's Alvis, and he doesn't ever deserves to be PC. I was just spitting out that he got IMO the best chances, and would do a better thing than the Black Knight.

Why? Without the villains the heroes would have nothing to do...

that would be a boring game just walking around the screen with no one to fight.
That's where the SSE comes in, for unimportant villians for certain series like Petey Piranha.

The Black Knight is not important enough for Fire Emblem, making him a likely spot for Boss in the SSE.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord

Please stop spewing that line ( The Black Knight is why Micaiah is still living), do you even know why he saved her? Huh do you? I bet you don't. Talk about the Black Knight's overall importance once you beat the game otherwise your opinion almost means nothing because your unaware of alot of things.

-Knight

DarkVision

Smash Journeyman
It's Alvis, and he doesn't ever deserves to be PC. I was just spitting out that he got IMO the best chances, and would do a better thing than the Black Knight.

That's where the SSE comes in, for unimportant villians for certain series like Petey Piranha.

The Black Knight is not important enough for Fire Emblem, making him a likely spot for Boss in the SSE.
Well, I think that's your opinion, and it's my opinion that your opinion isn't a very good opinions.

I think a couple heroes, Marth and Ike or something...then a villain as playable and that's it. A playable villain is necessary from every series or else he's not in the fighting game for any rational reason.

D

Deleted member

I say Black Night would make a good Fire Emblem rep. We need more bad guys.

hello_kitty

Smash Journeyman
I think Brawl needs more villains too, but Black Knight is like Petey Piranaha, not overall important. I do prefer Black Knight over Marth, and Roy becuase at least his appearance would stand out and actually be unique. (I hope Marth and Roy are kicked out), but unfortunatly Black Knight is not important to top off even Sanaki or whatever her name is.

BigTru

Smash Rookie
I'm sorry but Black Knight is imprortant to the storyline, atleast much more than Ridley or even Meta Knight or Star Wolf, and 2/3 of those are very likely with one being confirmed. Even still, not having much storyline significance doesn't mean they can't be made out to be awesome rival characters.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
I'm sorry but Black Knight is imprortant to the storyline, atleast much more than Ridley or even Meta Knight or Star Wolf, and 2/3 of those are very likely with one being confirmed. Even still, not having much storyline significance doesn't mean they can't be made out to be awesome rival characters.
Yea, but theres other FE characters that have a better chance than him.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
You're joking right? Ridley and Meta Knight? Heck, even Wolf is more important overall. If you really think those characters are less important, then it's clear you don't know who they really are then. (Which is kinda apperent as you call Wolf "Star Wolf") Also, you just said he didn't have much storyline significance after you said he is importnat. (And if you want a rival, play against him in the actual game)

NukeA6

Smash Master

No more Japanese characters? Well too bad because you will see Marth.

Why is it funny that a Roy supporter wouldn't want Black Knight? Roy has more chance than Black Knight. At least his role was important.

If we are going to see anyone out of the FE9-10 universe, it will be Micaiah.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
No more Japanese characters? Well too bad because you will see Marth.

Why is it funny that a Roy supporter wouldn't want Black Knight? Roy has more chance than Black Knight. At least his role was important.

If we are going to see anyone (again) out of the FE9-10 universe, it will be Micaiah.
Fixed, but QFT.

I still think one rep. per saga. Tellius's universe already got Ike. But who knows? Maybe Micaiah can be in.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Why would Black Knight be on a throne?Hes not a king. >_<
No kidding - hes not even close. The image seems to indicate a character in black armor is in the background, but who it is is impossible to tell. Perhaps deliberately so, since Castle Siege is supposed to be a generic FE stage, not one from any specific world of the saga.

Zevox

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Wow, that sure does look like him...though it's not really possible to tell. Other characters have had black armor before, and the way to distinguish them is their head. That guy on the throne has a head that is to far away.

PurpleDoom

Smash Rookie
It does look exactly like the Black Knight! Due to the general look of a collapsing castle, I have a feeling that some elements are borrowed from the Nados Castle scene.

IllidR

Smash Champion
It does look exactly like the Black Knight! Due to the general look of a collapsing castle, I have a feeling that some elements are borrowed from the Nados Castle scene.
I refuse to believe that Sakurai would give Black Knight such a minute role within Brawl. In a background of a stage where you can barely see him would just be rediculous.

NukeA6

Smash Master
I refuse to believe that Sakurai would give Black Knight such a minute role within Brawl. In a background of a stage where you can barely see him would just be rediculous.
The Goombas were props of a stage and enemies in Adventure mode. I suppose the same will happen to Black Knight.

Machete

Smash Ace
Although I think the three FE spots are for Micaiah, Ike and Marth... **** it, Black Knight is pure awesomeness, and he should be in Brawl.

Yeah, Black Knight for Brawl.

I'm sorry but Black Knight is imprortant to the storyline, atleast much more than Ridley
You don't know very much about Metroid, I see. Without Ridley, Samus wouldn't go to Tallon IV (so, without Ridley we'd haven't got Metroid Prime). Without Ridley, Super Metroid (by far, the best Metroid game ever) would never happen.

**** it, without Ridley, Samus wouldn't been a bounty hunter.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Your simple "logic" is biased and full of fail. And about the Pic, that's not the BK and it's old. It's just a random guy in black armor.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Instead of trolling, actually give reasons.
Did I said that Black Knight sucked? No. And Actually, I don't think i'm trolling.

Well, Roy is actually the first GBA FE Lord, with Marth, helped to bring FE to the entire world, and also starred the 3rd Best-Selling game. Also, he is quite liked. He made an important thing bringing the FE games to the portable world.

Whereas, Black Knight, he is only important to the FE9-10 role, and only to Ike. He is only another generic FE villian. Other thing is that now with the options of the Assist Trophies and Bosses for the SSE, the Black Knight's chances as PC had went down, a lot.

Same applies to Roy when it comes to AT, but Black Knight's situation is actually... worse. Also most of people know that there are more important FE characters than the Black Knight, Roy being one of them.

Top Bottom