• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bitcoin and Crypto Market General Discussion

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
1619892352713.png

I like this image, I thought it was very cool.

Ahem, first things first!
make a clear note that our users aren't qualified to give financial advice and that Smashboards is not a place to seek out financial advice. If the thread goes in that direction anyway we may have to close it.
You heard the man. Nothing is this thread is or ever should be presented as or taken as financial advice. :007: Keep that in mind or you might end up like this kid. Do your own research, seriously. I've had more than enough close calls and humongous L's I've taken. No I do not mind talking about them for those curious.

Okay so, following the 3rd halving of Bitcoin there has been another colossal wave of interest (both new and reinvigorated) and the crypto market cap has demolished milestone after milestone in the first quarter of 2021. Took 11 years to break 1 trillion in market cap, now doubling that market cap in less than six months.

1619897172767.png
Steady growth with a few hiccups shaking out weak hands while the upward trend hasn't given much of a ****.

1619898924465.png
Coinbase
: Offers the option to buy, sell, and convert an array of crypto at market value, as well as cursory charts and info. For more complex trading with lower fees there exists Coinbase Pro

1619898841709.png
Binance
(Binance US for murricans): A bit fancier than Coinbase at first glance. Trading features more closely resemble Coinbase Pro but don't be dismayed. It offers more features than Coinbase as well as the the option to buy BNB (a coin that can be used to pay nominal fees for transactions on the network/Binance exchanges).

1619898767621.png
Coingecko
: In my recently renewed certified ****ty opinion, this is like the HOLY GRAIL of cryptocurrency market surveillance, from my experience. I set up tent last year after discovering it and browsing it occupies so much of my day I get cold sweats when people ask what I did today. Daily news, widgets, no shortage of charts and behemoth price action for your research purposes of course.

Honorable Mention:
1619900599982.png
Dextools.io: Recently discovered this one but it's very thorough and worth checking out for the most experienced. Very in depth monitoring of price fluctuations in real time, changes in volume, liquidity, the list goes on.

1619895906054.png
Uniswap
is to swap ERC-20 tokens mostly (on the Ethereum mainnet) for gas and miner fees ( in gwei and ETH respectively) per transaction. To see the current recommended prices to set gas for faster or slower transactions, ETH gas station is your best friend. If you set it too low (for a slower transaction) on your own and you could have a transaction that miners are in no rush to include in their block; low incentive. Meaning the transaction could take weeks. And the kicker is any other transactions you try to initiate will be backed up until the lower nonce (the number of the) transaction clears. There are workarounds to this depending on your wallet choice, but do be careful.

1619898511867.png
PancakeSwap
is similar, but operates with BEP2 tokens on the Binance Smart Chain. Fees are paid in BNB and are typically much less than the gas and miner fees on Uniswap currently (this is due to the influx of congestion on Ethereum chain over the span of many months.) I began using Binance/Pancakeswap recently so if it interests you I'd highly recommend reading up a little on it.

Discussion of any crypto is fair game (just be tasteful, i.e I don't reckon vulgar named coins/projects would be welcome here) of course unless moderation designates otherwise or wishes to add more rules specific to here. If there is anything you think should be added/modified with OP feel free to suggest or correct any of my mistakes, I'm by no means a guru, just very enthusiastic and eager to learn/help others.

If there's any questions you have or something you want to discuss that you think might not be suitable here my discord is always available.

That's about it. Stories, heavy losses, heavy gains, scams you've suffered, etc., you're free to let it all out here. How'd your porfolio do in the last month? Is there any recent news, optimism or anxiety you have for the future of crypto in the coming weeks or months? What are some of your favorite coins and what about them keeps you HODLing?

Oh, and please drink water. 🚰

Last edited:

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I'm curious what made Elon retract his support for Bitcoin Wednesday. The energy consumption involved was already considerable around the time of his announcement(s), and this is something anyone could look at before entry to determine their stance anyway.

What changed his mind? Maybe there's important news I'm missing.

Top Bottom