• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Big D's Video Guide to Desyncing HD - Part 1 - Initiating a Desync

| Big D |

Smash Master
Part 1 - Starting a Desync

Stuff Covered
Triple Dash 0:49
2 Dash 1:06
Standing Nana Derivatives (SND) 1:21
Opening Desync 1:36
Item Desync 1:54
Squall Desync 2:24
Dtilt Desync 2:39
Ledge Desync 2:53
Respawn Desync 3:17
Hit Confirm Desync 3:36

Advanced 3:51

Reverse Initial Dash (RID) (I got this mixed up with Hylian) 3:57
SND Shield Drop 4:16
Hylian (I got this mixed up with RID) 4:25
Lux Desync 1 (LD1) 4:39
Lux Desync 2 (LD2) 4:53
Lux Desync 3 (LD3) 5:11
Lux Desync 5 (LD5) 5:31
Lux Desync 6 (LD6) 5:42
Desync Storing 5:56

I intend to make more of these in the future, any suggestions on what to do next as well as well any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
LD3 involves platform cancelling btw

LD4 is the SH IB one, and we already talked about the problem I saw :D

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Thank you for posting this Big D, this will definitely be a useful asset in me picking up ICs. I've been looking through old threads for info, but this is definitely some new age material. I appreciate you.

DeLux

All but like 3 things are like a year and a half old >_>
The others are like over 6 months old

Yall need to learn to read lol

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
All but like 3 things are like a year and a half old >_>
The others are like over 6 months old

Yall need to learn to read lol
***** you know I read everything and I still cant do LD1 no matter how I tried. I told you this would be a good idea for people who are more visual learners, just come through to the boards to ask easy to answer questions, or don't read or recall any thread ever.

DeLux

How does this help visually though? I already have extensive video of LD1 and accompanying text on how to do it.

Just as this video has extensive video of LD1 and accompanying text on how to do it

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
I will try harder to learn this. I can do the two dash desync where I dash back, dash back in and nana blizzards. The Ice Block one is harder and a smaller window it seems. I will try to work on these one @ a time though.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
All I did was talk with Phil on Skype as he told me how to perform these. It was so easy to learn lol. Like all of the LDs.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Been practicing all of theses, and they are actually a little difficult for me. I will keep on trying though. I know I will get this down. My CGing is finally coming along so I def have hope for this.

Dietcoke101

Smash Rookie
Thanks so much for this it is very helpful. I just managed to do SHop Blizzard approach and it is so cool. Thanks again. :D

:phone:

Robbydebry

Smash Rookie
I have such a hard time with this xD And when I do get it I have no clue where to go from there! xD My CGs are finally getting up to snuff! I can get a 0-kill pretty consistently ^_^

So how do you apply this stuff? (once I actually get it consistently)

Edit:Sorry if I kinda revived this, I know it's been a few months xD

| Big D |

Smash Master
All of these are just a bunch of methods of starting a desync/grab setup. The benefit of having all of these is to be able to have the means of starting to desync from virtually any scenario, allowing for sneaky grabs or a means to start a desync under various types of pressure.

To stay desynced you must input a move with a climber while the other climber is preoccupied doing another (could be the same) move.

To apply it would just be like if you hadn't desynced at all, hit them and don't get hit.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Been a while since i last visited this forum, nice to see something creative have showed up since then ^__^

Does the hitconfirmdesynch work(get desynched) on shielding opponents or just regular hitlag?
Im not sure about SND but i guess thats the cstick trick kinda 45* from down backwards thing? In that case has that really been applied by a good winning ICplayer?

EDIT: I guess that wasnt was SND meant saw it again in the video.

Im thinking about what really makes some moves desynchable and some seem to not work. I mean that in this vid its proven to be buffered out of airdodge, i guess it should work from a jab then meaning the hitconfirm or not from jab should lead into Nana dash>what she wants desynch.

Top Bottom