• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Big Boys Throwdown Showdown! July Twentieth. NO1 SPECIAL COMING! Rochester, NY. Smash +FGC

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Im making this thread on a tablet so please forgive me. I will be regularly updating this main

This is a tournament for the upstate western new york area for those who still are looking for strong competition over the summer. We will be playing Melee, Brawl, and project melee. And as long as we get a solid 16 players, we will run dounles for each event as well.

THIS TOURNAMENT HAS BEEN MOVED AND EXPANDED
WE WILL NOW BE RUNNING TOURNAMENTS FOR MARVEL 3, ULTRA STREET FIGHTER, AND TEKKEN TAG 2.
IT HAS BEEN MOVED BACK 1 DAY TO JULY THE 20TH

Rules:
Brawl: 3stock, 8 minutes for doubles
2 stock 5 minutes for singles
items at none and off
Metaknight banned
Full List Stage Striking:

Battlefield
Castle Siege
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 1
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Battleship Halberd
Delfino Plaza
Pokémon Stadium 2
Frigate Orpheon
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise

Normal counterpicking procedure

Melee: 4 stock, 8 minutes 1s and 2s
Items off.
Stages.
Final d, battlefield, small battlefield, big battlefield, moving battlefield, ps
Normal counter picking procedure

PM: 4 stock, 8 minutes
all bottom 2 rows legal, 3 bans
No items

If you dont know normal counterpicking or stage selection procedure, please ask when you arrive.

Stalling
Stalling is banned. Stalling is intentionally making yourself unhittable through either uncounterable avoidance or the continuing of an infinite combo past kill percents, the threshhold for this will be 150% for this tournament. There will be a zero tolerance policy in place. If the tos see any instance oof this, the offender will be immediately be dqd and take a loss for that game.
Pausing.
Pausing will be turned on for all games, any instance of pausing except in the position where regardless of input, the game would already end without the pause, any instance of pausing will be punished by a stock loss of the offender for the first offense and a game loss foe all additional offenses

5 dollar entry, per person, per game.

Schedule:
10 am to 1. Registration and freeplay.
ENTRY FOR TOURNAMENTS MUST BE TAKEN BEFORE YOU ARE ALLOWED TO ENTER THE VENUE.
1:00 to 1:30. Bracket creation and review
1:30. Brawl and pm doubles starts
PLAYING FRIENDLIES AFTER TOURNAMENT BRACKETS START WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION. IF YOU ARE LUCKY, YOU WILL RECEIVE ONE WARNING ABOUT THIS. BUT I WOULDNT BET ON IT IF I WERE YOU
2:00 melee doubles brackets begins

3:00 brawl and pm singles bracket begins
4:00 melee doubles starts
THE PRIORITY LIST OF EVENTS FOR PEOPLE WHO ENTER AND ARE CALLED FOR MULTIPLE THINGS IS AS FOLLOWS
SMALLEST TO LARGEST FOR DOUBLES EVENTS
AND THEN LARGEST TO SMALLEST FOR SINGLES EVENTS.
This means presumably that tournaments matches should be played in this order.
Brawl 2s
Pm 2s
Melee 2s
Melee 1s
Pm 1s
Brawl 1s.

After all doubles matches are completed is when I will condone people leave for food runs.

Last edited:

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
this is my birthday weekend

wat do

GoodleShoes

Smash Apprentice
If mana goes then yeah. Also why does the poster on facebook say smash4? Isn't that coming out in October?

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Haven't played in a few years, but there's a good chance I'll be there. Would appreciate it if a few of you guys can show me the ropes again.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Goodle, I was predicting smash 4 would be our by then and we made the poster before we learned that that wasn't the case

San, since I will be at work most of this day, I can't team with you,but I told neil you'd be teaming with him.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Im making this thread on a tablet so please forgive me. I will be regularly updating this main

This is a tournament for the upstate western new york area for those who still are looking for strong competition over the summer. We will be playing Melee, Brawl, and project melee. And as long as we get a solid 16 players, we will run dounles for each event as well.

THIS TOURNAMENT HAS BEEN MOVED AND EXPANDED
WE WILL NOW BE RUNNING TOURNAMENTS FOR MARVEL 3, ULTRA STREET FIGHTER, AND TEKKEN TAG 2.
IT HAS BEEN MOVED BACK 1 DAY TO JULY THE 20TH

Rules:
Brawl: 3stock, 8 minutes for doubles
2 stock 5 minutes for singles
items at none and off
2/3 sets
3/5 sets for Winner's Loser's and Grand finals
Metaknight banned
Full List Stage Striking:

Battlefield
Castle Siege
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 1
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Battleship Halberd
Delfino Plaza
Pokémon Stadium 2
Frigate Orpheon
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise

Melee: 4 stock, 6 minutes 1s and 2s
Items off.
2/3 sets

Stages.
Final d, battlefield, small battlefield, big battlefield, moving battlefield, ps
Normal counter picking procedure

PM: 4 stock, 6 minutes
all 3 rows legal, 5 bans
No items
2/3 sets

Marvel vs Capcom 3
3/5 sets for all of the tournament.

Ultra Street Fighter
2/3 sets
3/5 for Winner's Loser's and Grand Finals

Tekken Tag 2
3/5 rounds per game
3/5 games per match, for all of the tournament

If you dont know normal counterpicking or stage selection procedure, please ask when you arrive.

Stalling
Stalling is banned. Stalling is intentionally making yourself unhittable through either uncounterable avoidance or the continuing of an infinite combo past kill percents, the threshhold for this will be 150% for this tournament. There will be a zero tolerance policy in place. If the tos see any instance oof this, the offender will be immediately be dqd and take a loss for that game.
Pausing.
Pausing will be turned on for all games, any instance of pausing except in the position where regardless of input, the game would already end without the pause, any instance of pausing will be punished by a stock loss of the offender for the first offense and a game loss for all additional offenses

5 dollar entry, per person, per game.

Schedule:
10 am to 1. Registration and freeplay.
ENTRY FOR TOURNAMENTS MUST BE TAKEN BEFORE YOU ARE ALLOWED TO ENTER THE VENUE.
1:00 to 1:30. Bracket creation and review
1:30. Brawl and pm doubles starts
PLAYING FRIENDLIES AFTER TOURNAMENT BRACKETS START WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION. IF YOU ARE LUCKY, YOU WILL RECEIVE ONE WARNING ABOUT THIS. BUT I WOULDNT BET ON IT IF I WERE YOU
1:45. melee doubles brackets begins
2:00. TTT2 and USF4 Begin
2:30. melee and pm singles bracket begins
3:00. brawl singles starts
THE PRIORITY LIST OF EVENTS FOR PEOPLE WHO ENTER AND ARE CALLED FOR MULTIPLE THINGS IS AS FOLLOWS
SMALLEST TO LARGEST FOR DOUBLES EVENTS
AND THEN LARGEST TO SMALLEST FOR SINGLES EVENTS.
This means presumably that tournaments matches should be played in this order.
Brawl 2s
Pm 2s
Melee 2s
Melee 1s
USF4
Pm 1s
Marvel 3
Brawl 1s
Tekken.

After all doubles matches are completed is when I will condone people leave for food runs.

Feel free to come as early as you like, if youd like to help set up and play lots of friendlies.
Friendlies will be before the tournament.

TOs will be arriving at 9.

PLEASE BRING AS MANY SET UPS AS POSSIBLE.

WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GIVE VENUE DISCOUNTS TO THOSE WHOE BRING THEM THIS TIME, BUT THAT IS A DEFINITE POSSIBILITY FOR THE FUTURE. IF EVERYONE BRINGS ALL THEIR SET UPS, WE CAN GET A PROPER IDEA OF HOW TO IMPLEMENT VENUE FEES DISCOUNTS FOR FUTURE EVENTS.

Mister_T_Bag

Smash Rookie
NNID
MisterTBag
San, since I will be at work most of this day, I can't team with you,but I told neil you'd be teaming with him.
What games will you be missing? I don't wanna make a nice drive just so I don't play you

Equal

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iiEqual
3DS FC
2036-7236-5480
I'll be there. No friendlies is lame though.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
T bag I will be enteringbrawl singles and marvel.

The fact that im not entering everything will make getting games in with me much easier

soma ghost

Smash Journeyman
Kyle - I'd like to come but wont be able to stay long, so I'll be looking for MMs. Will I be allowed to play them? Should I bother coming? I wont be mad either way. It would suck if I show up and cant play though.
Oh and is there a venue fee. Sorry if I missed it

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Venue fee is 5 bucks.goes to help pay for the room and future amenities

For this event, between the hours of roughly 2 pm and 6 pm no one should be expecting to play any matches that are not tournament. You can play as much as you want before that, and after when set ups are available, but during that time I have to look out for the greater benefit of everyone and make sure that everything runs as effieciently as possible

RYtH

Smash Rookie
Well, let's hope I can get out of the first round of one of Goggles' tournaments. After making it out of pools at Toronto, I haven't played Brawl in forever. Hopefully I can keep up. xD I've been working on my PM///

Captain JOHN

Smash Cadet
NNID
DatCarl
Tomorrow my brother and I will be dragging ourselves out there (a three hour drive) for you guys. I'm going into Melee and PM singles, and my brother is going for Melee and Brawl singles. This is going to be so fun, but our third crew member couldn't make it :(((

darkoblivion12

Smash Lord
Rules, Guidelines and Suggestions.

1. Arrive Early!
The TO crew will be arriving at 9 am sharp to start setting up, you may arrive as early as we do and I encourage you to. From the time we show up and set up the first system, there will be complete free play available to everyone until we start the each individual event. That is when you will be able to play as much as you want with whoever you want. That is minimum 4-6 hours of friendlies/casuals available to you before we shut them all down for the tournament.

2. Register Early!
If you are playing any video games, you will be required to pay the venue fee on arrival, before you are allowed into the room. I highly suggest that you pay for the registration of all the events you enter as well at that time. It will greatly cut down on the time it will take for us to make brackets when we do so, and it will facilitate us running the tournament quickly which is the highest priority atm. As a matter of fact, if you want to enter something but are afraid you might be a little bit late, let us know and we can make arrangements for you.

3. Bring Set ups!
Its listed as 3rd, but this is actually the most important thing you can do to help contribute to the success of this event. We took on a big task by running up to 9 tournaments in 6 different games in 1 day. So I am going to need anybody that can bring a set up to help with any games tournament to please do so. If you would be kind enough to do this, please, with tape or permanent marker, label everything belonging to you so that nobody mistakenly or intentionally takes something from somebody else. It is imperative for the future of these events that everybody work on the honor code, and not take anything that is not yours. This is supposed to be a family. Don't betray anyone's trust. Unfortunately I can not offer any discounts on venue fee for those bringing set ups, but I can offer my undying respect and appreciation.

4. Communicate!
I will make sure everyone knows who the TOs and assistants are for the event. That way, when you inevitably leave for lunch or whatever, you need to tell one of us where you are, and when youll be back, so that we can give you the OK to go or not. If you can not be accounted for or contacted within the time frames we set for matches, you will be disqualified. Anything more that a 5-10 min. wait time is unacceptable unless you are already in the middle of a tournament match. I am very firm with my rules, but I am also very fair and willing to work with you as long as you work with me.

5. Make a Challonge account.
This is much less important. But due to future events running on challonge, it will help us and you in the future, to make a challonge account. You will be able to use that to pre-register for future events, as well as report matches through the site, which will help making things run faster as smoother.

6. Build the scene!
I know some of you are going to get your undies in a bunch but I need you guys to work with me here. This is going to be taking place at a place with a bar in it, but at the same time, there will, now and in the future, be children younger on the age spectrum attending with their parents. So I need people to do their best to keep the language and actions in check as this is intended to be a family environment. Hype is good, trashtalk is fun, but try to keep the cussing and possible drunken belligerence to a minimum.

Top Bottom