• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Big Battlefield: Stage Research

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
Like Battlefield, not a whole lot of "research" per se to be done.

Previously Covered
Battlefield
Smashville
Lylat Cruise
Castle Siege
Town & City
Duck Hunt
Delfino Plaza
Kalos Pokemon League
Mario Galaxy
Coliseum
Gamer
Wii Fit Studio
Kongo Jungle 64
Windy Hill Zone
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair
Orbital Gate Assault
Woolly World
Skyloft
Garden of Hope
Mushroom Kingdom U
Wuhu Island
Mario Circuit

Layout
Much like Battlefield, Big Battlefield has a completely static and uninteresting layout. A main platform is accompanied by a total of 6 platforms arranged in a triangle shape, with 3 in the bottom row, 2 in the middle, and 1 on top.

Players 1 and 2 start on the two platforms in the middle row. Players 3 and 4 start on the middle platform in the bottom row and the top platform. The Omega form floats over a void.

Big Battlefield has no damaging hazards and, indeed, no dynamic stage elements whatsoever.

The poster child for 8 Player Smash. The original cast put in a group appearance for giggles.

Compared to its little brother Battlefield, Big Battlefield is indeed bigger both in terms of stage size and distance to the blast zone. Mario dies from Bowser's fully charged forward smash at 42% on the top platform as judged by the appearance of black lightning. On Battlefield, a Mario on the top platform dies from the same attack at 36%.

Summary
  • Six platforms in a static triangle shape.
  • ...it's big?

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
Uh,shouldn't this be at least suspect over some completely broken stages? *coughs* Windy Hill *coughs* Kalos League *coughs*
The OP of my threads is meant to provide an objective look at the stage's bare mechanics. If you want to debate its legality here then go ahead but I won't be updating the OP with any of that.

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
I still think this stage should be legal in doubles only. The size seems perfectly fine in doubles and it has a lot of room to fight in. There could be more setups for team combos with all that extra room. The main problem is that if it gets into a 1v1 situation, it'll be a pretty dynamic shift depending on how the match goes. It's also too big for singles, which is what most would agree on.

...I wonder if we'll ever see a gentlemen's agreement on this stage during a singles tournament though, just for the heck of it.

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
In Georgia, we usually allow this stage in doubles and quads but not in singles. I'm fine with doing that.

Top Bottom