• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bidou with Duck Hunt?

Should I use Bidou

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters

Crosstails20

Smash Journeyman
Lately I have been looking up bidou for my Duck Hunt who uses a :GCCN: special and I want your opinion if I should do it or not? I will list the pros and cons.

Pros.
1. Allows for easier spacing and shield poking.
2. Easier Retreats.
3. Gives access to all Bidou tech moves.
4. Easier can positioning with the can thanks to the inst turn around down tilt.
5. Gives me three options to do specials.
6. Easier follow ups with bair can.
7. Could possibly increase the chances of victory against Cloud.

Cons.
1. Makes me change my controls.
2. Makes it harder to do specials while Bidou is activated.
3. (for me) Makes me change my controller from the Classic to Classic pro.
4. Makes it harder or impossible to grab.

If I find anymore pros or cons I will edit the thread or comment in the thread.

Last edited:

WolfmanDeerek

Smash Cadet
I set my bidou up so I can still use my normal set up. At times I utilize it for perfect pivoting, but as duckhunt I don't have much use for that. I do enjoy making his smashes come out with a simple tap of the attack button. Remembering that option has saved some matches for me because it essentially throws me into a secondary style very abstract from my typical approach. Its almost like passing the controller to someone else mid match.

It doesn't take much to adapt if you only change around your L and R buttons. My setup is B to jump, Y to attack, A and X to special. Thumb stick special. L and ZL to shield. ZR to grab and R to special. Tap jump and smash rumble off. Attack + special ON.

At first it was tricky learning how to get ready for bidou inputs seamlessly, but it only takes a few minutes of drills with any given character now. It's not nearly as complicated as I was fearing. Some matches I don't incorporate it at all. Other times its just the answer I need. Thing is I ALWAYS have it available and I don't advertise it. I only utilise a few aspects of bidou so I don't opt for a trigger assigned to jump or attack. I don't get all the mileage that bidou offers but I still get movement options and quick smashes without altering the face button set up I'm accustomed to.

Last edited:
Top Bottom