• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bidou Lucina Labbing Discussion

Dozr

Smash Rookie
I've been focusing on developing my Lucina play by utilizing Bidou. While I do think that Marth benefits from some tools more than Lucina does, there are a lot of useful things I have found that I'd love feedback and discussion on.

1. Perfect Pivot Uses:
By using Bidou I can perfect pivot extremely easily. This has led me to experiment with PPs in the lab. I have found the following techniques useful:

-Retreating PP-Jab1/Dtilt/Utilt
-Advancing PP- Ftilt/Utilt
-PP-Fsmash/Usmash/Dsmash
-Advancing/retreating PP-Shield
-PP Counter

Retreating PPs have allowed me to punish people's attacks by utilizing Jab to combo into other moves, or to punish with an situation-appropriate move.

Advancing PPs have allowed me to (mainly with Marth) get a lot more mileage out of my Ftilt and Utilts. The little boost in range is very substantial and helps make up for Lucina's Dash Attack.

Using PPs to counter and shield is also interesting. It can help punish habits that your normal offensive moves can't beat, and it helps mix up your options to your opponent.

2. Dash Dancing
This is less applicable than PPs, but combining the two is very powerful. Lucina has a responsive dash dance, able to have 2 different dash lengths, and can change direction easily. I have found the following useful:

-Run back -> Bair
-Spacing -> Dancing Blades/Grab/Shield/PP attack

I'll keep labbing to try and find more Bidou-specific things that Lucina can take advantage of. Please let me know what you think and if there are any concepts I may be overlooking.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
The Utilt facing away from the opponent is technically the safest, so I guess PP Utilt as an approach option/mixup (it is still quite unsafe) might be a thing, but definitely a way to apply pressure to a platform, or even as a juggle mixup (bait ardodges, punish with PP Utilt if they are too high up from Fsmash range).
:196:

Dozr

Smash Rookie
The Utilt facing away from the opponent is technically the safest, so I guess PP Utilt as an approach option/mixup (it is still quite unsafe) might be a thing, but definitely a way to apply pressure to a platform, or even as a juggle mixup (bait ardodges, punish with PP Utilt if they are too high up from Fsmash range).
Yeah I've mainly been using PPUtilt to cover landings more easily to continue juggles. I'd normally use mainly PPFtilt and Fairs to space. If I'm doing PPUtilt I'll be doing it after getting a Jab1 at mid-high percents. It's also immensely useful for edge-guarding as the space you can cover increase tremendously with PPs. Not worrying as much about intercepting opponents off-stage, but rather controlling the ledge.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I tend to forget PPFtilt exists.
Dtilt>PPFtilt sounds like a thing at low-mid %.

Lightswo2

Smash Rookie
I've heard Bidou is an extremely optimal setup for Lucina, but i hear there are more than just one bidou setup like tilt bidou or smash bidou.

Which bidou is optimal for Lucina? Or does it matter?

Top Bottom