• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bidou lite and limit

WolfmanDeerek

Smash Cadet
I don't go all out with bidou like some people. I just don't find much use for perfect pivot with my play style. However, i always have R set to special and keep attack + special set for smashing.

Lastnight I was goofing around in FG and stumbled onto a fun little tactic. So you can stop charging limit by shielding, rolling, or simply tapping special. So if you time it right you can press the trigger for special and immediately tap attack to instantly launch a smash from your limit charge stance. You can even hold down or up during the charge to be able to do those smashes seamlessly out of limit charge.

A lot of people will rush you down when you charge limit. Having this response as a mix up might be helpful.

I remember seeing this one topic of Cloud players using limit to cancel dashes and be able act immediately out of dash. Is it even worth it to try to learn how to combine both tactics? In essence you'd be able to dash in for a punish and f smash almost as quick as the dash attack comes out. I'm seriously considering getting my hands used to the tactic.

Top Bottom