• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BFS: Anti-Trump Walljumping.

Have you ever been punished because of a ledge trump? Well, no more! The famous YouTube channel Beefy Smash Doods has recently uploaded a new guide on a tech that will end the "getting trumped" days.* This tech was originally found by OneSmash under the name "Trump Jump", but the Beefy Smash Doods dug deeper and made a list of viable character-stage combinations.

Keep in mind that this tech can only be done by certain characters that are able to do wall jumps.

The tech consists of doing a wall jump when you get trumped...but let them explain that to you!

What do you think about this tech? Do you think it's easy? Have you considered using it more often? Let us know! And as always, please follow the creators of this video @BeefySmashDoods, and the ones who discovered the tech @ServingSmash.

* = Results may vary​

Mario "Diosdi" Osuna

Comments

Didnt know bayonetta ran for 2016

also grabbing the ledge at the same time in friendlies is so awkward, so thanks for being less awkward

Last edited:
So I guess you could say, this advanced tech is a way to...
Stump the trump. :cool:

that was a joke thanks for coming

Last edited:
This is good to know who can and cant do this and where they can or cant. Especially since us Samus' are tinkering with a new ledge trump tech, its good to know who could punish us, and vice versa, given Samus can do this too.

Edit: Best quote from Reddit:

"I love advanced techniques, I do. There was an article last week that said I was the best at advanced techniques; I'm great at them. People tell me that all the time, that I do advanced techniques better than anyone.

Let me tell you about the anti-Trump wall jump; it's a failure. It's a very bad advanced technique. I can beat it every time because I win. Beefy Smash Doods are dummies. I know the Beefy Smash Doods; I've worked with them before; I've done videos with them before.

Look, they're good, but they can't win. People come up to me and they say, Beefy Smash Doods make good videos but they don't win. They can't win at Smash, which I love. I love Smash. Sakurai is a good friend. I worked with him on the first Smash Bros. Great guy."

I dunno what you're on about, Trump doesn't jump walls, he only builds them.
No--this is ANTI-Trump wall jumping. It's tech skill practice for border-hoppers when he builds the wall.

Last edited:
God dammit!

And here I thought we would be flaming and roasting Trump. I was badly baited. I just saw "Anti-Trump" and I was triggered; all for nothing.

Last edited:
Once again the character who should have the advantage finds that it is just more efficient to not edgeguard and just stay on stage and keep his advantage... yipee.

I like how the tech looks and feels, it just benefits the wrong person.

Last edited:
This technique is perfect for Mexicans who want to enter smash 4 tournaments in the US once Trump is president.

And I thought they were lying when they said certain aspects of smash applied to real life as well....

Interesting technique; I only managed to watch a little of the video so far but hopefully it has some applications.

Edit: Best quote from Reddit:

"I love advanced techniques, I do. There was an article last week that said I was the best at advanced techniques; I'm great at them. People tell me that all the time, that I do advanced techniques better than anyone.

Let me tell you about the anti-Trump wall jump; it's a failure. It's a very bad advanced technique. I can beat it every time because I win. Beefy Smash Doods are dummies. I know the Beefy Smash Doods; I've worked with them before; I've done videos with them before.

Look, they're good, but they can't win. People come up to me and they say, Beefy Smash Doods make good videos but they don't win. They can't win at Smash, which I love. I love Smash. Sakurai is a good friend. I worked with him on the first Smash Bros. Great guy."

No--this is ANTI-Trump wall jumping. It's tech skill practice for border-hoppers when he builds the wall.
That's a good one! Although, I think that the "Best Reddit quote" comment for this video goes to the Redditor blackcoleman; even the Edit remark is hilarious :laugh::

I think anti trump wall jumping is already pretty popular in the Mexican scene

Edit:thanks for taking my gold virginity

-blackcoleman of Reddit

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/45b8nd/antitrump_walljump_advanced_technique/czwlvw3

<<NEW TECH DISCOVERED>> In ssf2, while playing as Ichigo, head to the training mode on a map with still platforms (Battlefield, PokemonStadium 3, etc.). Once training if you go to one of these platforms, run forwards and when you are just about to fall perform a Fair. If executed correctly, Ichigo should side on the platform. This is because his Fair gives a little bit of a Boost forward when he performs it.

EDIT: This works on the main platforms as well.

Last edited:
Were the creators of this technique given a small loan of a million dollars?
:awesome:
So I guess you could say, this advanced tech is a way to...
Stump the trump. :cool:

that was a joke thanks for coming
More like Dump on Trump.
BldJM9S.png
I'll be returning to my little corner now.

The wall turned on him ;)

As a Falcon main, been trying to implement this. However, there's a only one good follow up that I can think of, which is bair. All in all, a nice tech, though, thanks to BSD for sharing this with the world :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom