• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Better WTF character: Ayumi Tachibana

Tera253

Smash Ace
That was referring to Happy Mask Salesman.
however, Tera is now entering a mode so rarely seen that... bah, on to the topic.
[1stperson]

I didn't want to spend a whole crapload of time looking for a bigger picture, but I'm pretty sure that anyone who's looked at their trophies has seen her anyways. (I mean, hello? I've got like 12 of her! she's really easy to get!)
And, someone on deviantART that goes by the name of "~AngstyGuy" did something I didn't want to (was too lazy to) do: came up with a decent moveset, and backed it up with images. Okay, image, but there's like 4 different shots of her there.
The Link
Now, I am obviously not taking credit for the image, so don't get after me for that. if you don't like the art then do one of 5 things:
(1) fall in a ditch
(2) tell it the the illustrator
(3) don't post about it
(4) shut up and just think about the character herself
(5) all of the above
(the 1st one's the easiest)

So, my reasoning here is that no one else has done this thread (at least, it wasn't in the character thread support list) and, like G&W, Pit, Marth and Roy (the last 2 particularly) they were not very well-known until SSB. Ayumi falls in the same boat as Marth & Roy: Japan only. But, looking at their success, there will always be a fanbase somewhere (heack, even Mewtwo has a fanbase out there... ... ... ...)
[/1stperson]

whew! all that first person was making Tera dizzy!
~Tera253~

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Hmmm.....putting her on the game would be thinking outside of the box......way outside of the box. Nevertheless, I wouldn't complain if she showed up as a playable character on Brawl.

Tera253

Smash Ace
Actually, doing drugs does tamper SSB and SSB skills for the better.
but nonetheless, since other less significant characters show up here,Tera thought: "Why not?"

~Tera253~

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Let's just hope this thread doesn't have as much flaming as the other one!

Uhh, I don't know. It could happen, I suppose. The moveset is nice, though.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Interesting concept. Ayumi is one of those characters where I wouldnt mind at all if she made it in, but at the same time I wouldn't be bummed if she didn't.

LinkGadra

Smash Apprentice
I have a question.

Is a WTF character truly WTF if it can be predicted? I doubt people thought of Mr. Game and Watch as a character in Melee.

Kirye

Smash Ace
I have a question.

Is a WTF character truly WTF if it can be predicted? I doubt people thought of Mr. Game and Watch as a character in Melee.
Actually, no one predicted Game and watch because no one knew there'd be a WTF character.

Nowadays, people have come up with EVERY suggestion for Brawl.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
How so? In what ways does this Ayumi Tachibana make her a better candidate for Brawl then the HMS? Just wondering.
For starters, she was the main character of a (I think maybe two. Was there a Detective Club on the Super Famicom?) poopular title, while that mask guy is just a sidequest, and then a song. But that's not the point. Let's not argue about that mask guy here. Or anywhere, for that matter. Ayumi for the... maybe...?

parrothead

Smash Lord
How so? In what ways does this Ayumi Tachibana make her a better candidate for Brawl then the HMS? Just wondering.
Because "Major characters from minor franchises > Minor characters from major franchises". For example, "Takamaru (Nazo no Murasame-jo) > Toadette (Mario series (mostly in spin-offs))".

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
For starters, she was the main character of a (I think maybe two. Was there a Detective Club on the Super Famicom?) poopular title, while that mask guy is just a sidequest, and then a song. But that's not the point. Let's not argue about that mask guy here. Or anywhere, for that matter. Ayumi for the... maybe...?
HAHA! Poop...:p

But yeah, I see your point. HMS DIDI have a big role in Majora's Mask, though...

Stryks

Smash Hero
Not really, he just told u he lost the MM to the skull kid, and asks link to get it back, link gets invilve in the conflict on the moon, saves the day, HMS takes the mask, says some stuff and leaves... not much of a role if u ask me...

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
Will you guys stop bringing HMS up in every thread it's getting annoying and I'm probably not the only one that thinks that. On topic I actually like this idea and I think it would be cool to have her in.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Happy Mask salesman is pretty much the N64 version of this guy:

Except instead of swords, it's masks.
What?! No way! The Old Man would rock! He's my second most-wanted character for Brawl, next to Ralph!

He hase other things besides the sword, like those two fireballs, and gambling!

Tera253

Smash Ace
yes, yes, yes! yes! Yes! Yes! YES!! YES!! Chuck Norris should totally be in.
but the reason that she's a WTF character is because she's from the same breeds as Marth/Roy and G&W/ICs.
she's like G&W/ICs because the game is little known (Tera gets this feeling that it wasn't contending with others such as Zelda and Metroid as far as popularity goes)
and, like Marth and Roy, was Japan-only.

~Tera253~

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
I dunno if she'd be a WTF character so much as a hilariously lucrative opportunity for Brawl to appeal to the sailor fuku loving demographic (which is a HUGE demographic).

Hey, if Sakura worked for Capcom...

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
No, it would either be Rauru...

...or Sahasrahla.

Those old men are cool, the THE Old Man pwns! He's retro, he's namless (sans the name "The Old Man"), and he's got swords, fire power, and boundless, confusing knowledge at his hands!

The Old Man FTW!

Indigo4

Smash Apprentice
Ayumi wouldn't be bad in the game! If anyone has ever played Trace Memory for the DS, Ayumi reminds me of Ashley. Not because of looks or anything, but because of the style of the game. I think Ayumi, as well as Ashley, deserve some consideration.

Tera253

Smash Ace
Those old men are cool, the THE Old Man pwns! He's retro, he's namless (sans the name "The Old Man"), and he's got swords, fire power, and boundless, confusing knowledge at his hands!

The Old Man FTW!
read about 6 or 7 posts up, where Numa Dude truthfully stsated that the old man is a pedoophile.
~Tera253~

Zarasai

Smash Journeyman
i think some better WTF characters would be

Pommy (Bomberman 64 TSA)
Mumbo Jumbo (Banjo Kazooie, yeah its third party but i would be like wtf)
and some others i needa think over better first though...lol

tirkaro

Smash Champion
I personally wouldn't mind ayumi tachibana in brawl. if anything jump ultimate stars taught us, its that random schoolchildren have fighting potential as well. I've always wanted to kick butt with a schoolgirl :p

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
I... I've been wanting to do this thread since forever. Ever since I got her trophy she has interested me and I've wanted to play her game...

It would be AWESOME if she got in. I don't care about the WTF factor (but she is a good WTF, most WTFs suggested are actually very improbable and stupid, thus, kinda WTF)

Neko Godot

Smash Cadet
Ayumi is my most wanted character for Brawl. Speaking of which, anyone got any Ayumi sigs?

GenG

Smash Lord
She isn't the main character. At least, not always. He does appear in each game aiding the main character (you). He was the main character in the third game, for Satellaview.

I love Famicom Tantei Club Part 2, but she isn't fighter material. I even doubt she could work as an AT... Is just a plain normal girl.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
I love Famicom Tantei Club Part 2, but she isn't fighter material. I even doubt she could work as an AT... Is just a plain normal girl.
which is why she is so incredibly awesome. you wouldn't excpect a normal schoolgril to fight in a fighting game, which is what gives her the WTF value. hey, jump ultimate stars did it, why not smash?

Top Bottom