• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Better WTF character: Ayumi Tachibana

GenG

Smash Lord
What example are you using from Jump Ultimate? Ryotsu have super human strength. Prince of Tennis and Captain Tsubasa aren't normal sport series. Ayumi is just... a girl, she doesn't punch, she doesn't kick, she does nothing. Her franchise doesn't have anything to work around. You can't work a moveset from that.

Animal Crossing is a non-violent game, but has a lot of tools to create a moveset.

Neko Godot

Smash Cadet
What example are you using from Jump Ultimate? Ryotsu have super human strength. Prince of Tennis and Captain Tsubasa aren't normal sport series. Ayumi is just... a girl, she doesn't punch, she doesn't kick, she does nothing. Her franchise doesn't have anything to work around. You can't work a moveset from that.

Animal Crossing is a non-violent game, but has a lot of tools to create a moveset.
Ayumi is a detective. She could use her magnifying glass of doom and smack people around with a briefcase. And who said she can't punch or kick?

GenG

Smash Lord
Ayumi is a detective. She could use her magnifying glass of doom and smack people around with a briefcase. And who said she can't punch or kick?
She was easily seized by a guy with a knife. She even fainted when she saw the body of the Girl at the Back. Not suited for battle. And not the main character either again... She is a normal 15 year old girl, like any other going to your school, without magic powers or glasses of doom.

Neko Godot

Smash Cadet
She was easily seized by a guy with a knife. She even fainted when she saw the body of the Girl at the Back. Not suited for battle. And not the main character either again... She is a normal 15 year old girl, like any other going to your school, without magic powers or glasses of doom.
Bleh, whatever. I still think she's getting in.

NukeA6

Smash Master
I rather not have anymore schoolgirls in fighting games but Smash doesn't perverted fanservice so I guess I'm alright with that.

So...anyone got an idea for a moveset? Can't think of one without being out of character.

EDIT:
I notice the guy above me has an Ashley version of my sig ^_^

EDIT 2:
Well Neko was above me for a few seconds -_-'

Neko Godot

Smash Cadet
I rather not have anymore schoolgirls in fighting games but Smash doesn't perverted fanservice so I guess I'm alright with that.

So...anyone got an idea for a moveset? Can't think of one without being out of character.
Ayumi moveset you say?

Stole this from Deviantart XP

Tlaloc

Smash Journeyman
I would actually love to see Ayumi in the game as a playable character.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
I personally think her moveset should be a lot more abstract and should revolve around her complete helplessness. like accidently tripping and dropping her briefcase, slapping someone in self defense, throwing random objects, running into people, etc.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I created one. I will post in up in the near future.

Buci01

Smash Journeyman
Well, I played Famicon Detective Club Part 2 SNES English translated version, and to be honest, it´s a great game with a very good story (well Story is the only thing this game has, like reading a book)
But there is a problem... she is not even the main character, she just helps you a lot. Her only 'attack' being poisoned coffee which would stun you. And Jumpkick is like extremly out of character.

I´d love to see her, the freaky janitor, the teacher, the girl who stands in back or atleast the Main Character (Anata?) as an AT.

Very good game. Now I only have to find Famicom Detective Club Part 1 with good SNES Graphics in English.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
Well, I played Famicon Detective Club Part 2 SNES English translated version, and to be honest, it´s a great game with a very good story (well Story is the only thing this game has, like reading a book)
But there is a problem... she is not even the main character, she just helps you a lot. Her only 'attack' being poisoned coffee which would stun you. And Jumpkick is like extremly out of character.

I´d love to see her, the freaky janitor, the teacher, the girl who stands in back or atleast the Main Character (Anata?) as an AT.

Very good game. Now I only have to find Famicom Detective Club Part 1 with good SNES Graphics in English.
Anata means "you" in japanese :p

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
This sounds like a fascinating idea. Brawl has quite the colorful cast, so why not? Sakurai-san could come up with some creative moves for her. After all, he showed just that to us with Captain Falcon and the Ice Climbers, didn't he? BTW, I just came up with the perfect entrance for her:

A bus arrives in the stage, Ayumi steps out of it and then it leaves. It would be rather amusing for me to see an entrance like that (but not as much as Lucas', though:chuckle:).

Buci01

Smash Journeyman
We should use her original Famicon Detective Club Part 2 Intro: The body of a young schoolgirl is washed up. You hear Ayumi running to her dead friend. A loud scream. Revenge in her eyes. She is ready to brawl.

But I think the schoolbus idea is a little more appropriate.

hello_kitty

Smash Journeyman
oh she's the one from Melee, I think she should be playable. She definitly stands out from other Japan characters, she's not another sword fighter like Tumarkari or whatever her name is, Ayumi is a detective. How many detectives are in Brawl? 0, and she would be perfect.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I like the idea of her in Brawl...

But I can't help but get the feeling that 80% of her supporters, support her because she had a trophy in Melee... Could be wrong though..

I like how she would implement a "dark" universe in Brawl. Since don't have much of those.. (Metal Gear and Metroid)

Anyway. I support her.

Top Bottom