• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BestNess’s beginners guide to Ness

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
BestNess made a beginners guide on how to play Ness and it’s great. I recommend it to anyone who wants to get into playing Ness or even already plays Ness because there’s a ton of good information and some combos I didn’t even know about. By far the best Ness guide I’ve seen (no pun intended). Here’s the link

He also said he’s gonna make a guide solely for PSI Magnet and more combos in the future

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yiqNdmC4m-g

Last edited:

kraw23

Smash Apprentice
This was a pretty good watch. I have some stuff to take away (as he goes over specific combos) and am looking forward to his PSI magnet video. Worth watching even if you're a Ness veteran

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
This was a pretty good watch. I have some stuff to take away (as he goes over specific combos) and am looking forward to his PSI magnet video. Worth watching even if you're a Ness veteran
Yeah definitely the combos were the main thing I took from it. The PSI Magnet video is gonna be awesome. He uses it really well

I’d like to learn more applications for DJC magnet, etc...

Last edited:

kraw23

Smash Apprentice
I just went into training mode (on battlefield), picked one move that I saw BestNess use (running off a platform > DJ > PSI mag > nair) and practised it a bunch. Once I started using that in actual matches the MagDJC has worked its way in to my play in general on it's own.

Even just stalling for a moment as you fall is enough to get a free hit as it makes your opponents mistime punishing your landing.

Currently working on B reverse MagDJC so I can immediately bair. Its useful as you can stall your momentum on purpose to bair in place, or you can keep the momentum and rar the bair.

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
I just went into training mode (on battlefield), picked one move that I saw BestNess use (running off a platform > DJ > PSI mag > nair) and practised it a bunch. Once I started using that in actual matches the MagDJC has worked its way in to my play in general on it's own.

Even just stalling for a moment as you fall is enough to get a free hit as it makes your opponents mistime punishing your landing.

Currently working on B reverse MagDJC so I can immediately bair. Its useful as you can stall your momentum on purpose to bair in place, or you can keep the momentum and rar the bair.
Yeah I’ve been working on MagDJD cancels all day today just getting them down solidly and I’ll be ready to take it further by tomorrow. I feel comfortable using it just stalling in match already

Top Bottom