• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best/worst stages

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman
When you give me your stage ideas, please say the character you use. It will explain why you don't like playing on that particular battlefield.

Mine is as follows:

Favorite: Final Destination-flat, and useful for air and edge statagies
Least: Almost any progressive stage. Ex. Pokefloats (MAN!), Big Blue, Icicle Mountain, ect.
Character(s): I mainly use Yoshi, but I also like Captain Falcon and Shiek.

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman
Best : Final Destination, Hyrule Temple, Battlefield.
Why? : Final Destination is flat, great for simple one on one's. Hyrule temple is great for 4 player free-for-all's. Battlefield because the platforms add a little air variation to gameplay usually.

Worst : Icicle Mountain, Yoshi's Island (?)
Why? : Icicle Mountain because I HATE having to keep jumping or going down in the middle of fighting, just disturbs the whole play. And either Yoshi's Island or Yoshi's story, the one with the 3 blocks in the middle of the floor, and that's because of those blocks. Also coz there's a slanted
hill at the left of the screen which is too simple to KO opponents. Hardly ANY edgeguarding fun to be had here

Kinda annoying when you attack the blocks and end up falling through them -_-

Favourite chars : Mario, Falco, Samus

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
Best: Hyrule Castle, Classic Yoshi Stage.
Why:Hyrule brings out real skill or real skill at being cheap. in me and my freinds case. its real skill. Yoshi's place because of the clouds and height diffrence between platforms.

Worst: Rainbow Cruise Mushroom Kingdom II Iceclimbers place. Too much movement or too easy to die. one of those.

TheGrim

Smash Rookie
Favorite: Final Destination, Battlefield
Why: They are both very simple stages with a flat area. This makes it more balanced.

Least Favorite: Poke Floats, Rainbow Cruise, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue
Why: Too much moving around.

Character(s): I mainly use Falco, sometimes Fox. Jigglypuff if I'm battling in lower Tiers.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Best: FD, Battlefield, Pokemon Stadium, Yoshi Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland N64
Why? There are eligible for tournament play.
Worst: Icicle Mountain, F-Zero Grand Prix, Big Blue
Why? Moving pieces of $#!t (sorry 'bout the language)

Character(s): Main-Link, Secondary-Marth&Mario
Sometimes I play w/Falco, Jiggs, Sheik (though I'm not good w/these guys)

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
favorites: FD,DL64, BF, FoD, YI- they're small stages that give advantages to a character that doesn't have projectiles like mine (Roy).
least: any moving or big stage- big stages because people camp and pillar and i can't do anything to stop them. moving stages because they're anoying and bring in luck as one of the factors.
Character: Roy

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman
I think we've all concluded no one likes Icicle Mountain :laugh:

The new Ice Climber stage looks better than the Melee one at least.

iMichael

Smash Lord
Favorites: Yoshi Story, FD and P Stadium
Why? Because Combos are easily done on these particular stages =D

Worst: Icicle Mt., Big Blue etc.
Why? I shouldn't have to explain lol

Character(s): Mario

Shock the Hedgehog

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockhog
Favorites ~ Final Destination, Battlefield, Pokemon Stadium, Temple, Mute City.
FD , BF, and PS are great basic courses. Temple is big, and I like big.
Mute City is fun, I don't care what any pro says.

Worst ~ Yoshi's Story, Icicle Mountain, Rainbow Cruise.
Yoshi's Story is too small. Others are moving courses.

Mains ~ Fox, Falco, and Dr. Mario.

teeman92

Smash Lord
Pensacola, FL. That place that Tristen de Luna fou
worst:
yoshis island- those sqaure keep screwing me up,i fall thru the middle mostly
green greens- exploding block,wall of doom,wind
brinstar depths- kraid is very distracting, can last long,no edges
maybe battle field too- the uber glitchy edges

best
FD- classic,no hazards,no platform, very peaceful
past dream land- just like battlefield,but no glitchy edges

mains: fox,falco,
seconds:G&W,capt falcon,kirby,

Vyper

Smash Rookie
Favorite: FD because everything is even and flat. No advantages.

Worst: Temple because my RA is a Fox noob and he will only play me when on Jiggz on that stage. He never leaves that **** hole!

saratos

Smash Apprentice
Um..
Best-Pokestadium, Starship corneria, old kirby stage.
Pokestadium is all flattish and then disrupts you slightly with weird changes.. Corneria because it take longer to kill, interesting edgeguarding game, some interference, nice flants to challenge yer spacing... Old kirby stage because..

XmeX565

Smash Cadet
worst stage: temple because everyone is cheap and they go to the bottom of the stage and just stand there and they never die!!
Best Stage: FD because it all depends on skills, you cant hide anywhere its all SKILL...!!

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
FD is an amazing stage, really good for a nice, even match.

Best:FD(Obvious), Battlefield(still pretty standard and fair), Princess Peach's Castle(really fun to play on with friends), and Pokemon stadium(just plain fun).

Worst: Yoshi Island 64(Soooooo cheap! You can win by just being Kirby or Jiggs, and staying on the clouds!), Icicle Mountain(I always disliked this stage, you worry more about the scrolling than you do about attacking), Brinstar Depths(Really really cheap, same as Icicle mountain's reasons), and finally: Onnet(I just hate the fact how you can't fall down!, and the cars also tick me off!)

Eaode

Smash Champion
BEST:

FD: Obviously. Nice, flat, even. Give mah projectile characters an edge =D
DL64: Nice layout that doesn't disrupt anything, and I like the WIDE KO boundaries.
Pokemon Stadium: Basic layout, and the changing is awesome and adds variety
Poke Floats (Ya Rly): I love the ever chaning atmosphere and taking advanatge of whatever comes around. Only when I'm playing Falcon/Fox though :lick:

WORST:

Icicle Mountain: self explanatory
Big Blue: Random cars and everyone dies really stupidly on that stage, no fun.
Brinstar depths: again, self exlanatory

Characters: CF, Fox, Falco, Marth

.:«Jeff»:.

Smash Rookie
Best: Hyrule Castle, Classic Yoshi Stage.
Why:Hyrule brings out real skill or real skill at being cheap. in me and my freinds case. its real skill. Yoshi's place because of the clouds and height diffrence between platforms.

Worst: Rainbow Cruise Mushroom Kingdom II Iceclimbers place. Too much movement or too easy to die. one of those.
The real skill is evident in me and my cousins case, but we do like to be cheap(especially if its just me vs. him). For some reason my sister doesnt like Hyrule, I have no clue.

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman
The stages on Brawl look much better. They're really even and a lot are flat, but there are still many stage events going on to keep things interesting.

Sure there will be luck events but it looks like there'll be more even stages this time around. (And hopefully no icicle mountain)

Imperial Wraith

Smash Journeyman
The real skill is evident in me and my cousins case, but we do like to be cheap(especially if its just me vs. him). For some reason my sister doesnt like Hyrule, I have no clue.
No clue? O.o

It's a nice stage, but she probably doesn't like it because fox can camp rediculously, and run away FOREVER from every character save CF (who wil take more damage) by running around the stage in a circle.

The stage practically endorses spamming.

People can also camp the bottom, so live to rediculously high percents. It just... isn't conducive to skillful play, it just turns into who can abuse the stage best.

Patinator

Smash Champion
Favorite stages:

Final Destination. The ultimate basic stage.

Battlefield. Final Destination. But shorter with more platforms.

Dream Land 64. A larger Battlefield with easier-to-sweetspot edges.

Temple. Meh, just because of the alternate music. AND the fact you can survive lots of damage if you like to tech.

Least favorite stages:

Icicle Mountain. I don't think I need an explanation.

Big Blue. Good alternate music, but seriously. It's just Icicle Mountain horizontally.

Kongo Jungle GCN. ...If it weren't for the music, it'd be alright.

Characters: (...Ignore my signature.)

Mains: C. Falcon, Roy. Secondaries: Ganondorf, Doctor Mario, Falco.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Best: FoD, Small stage, makes it easy to follow DI
Corneria: I camp up against the wall in this level, techs keep me alive for a LONG time
Peaches Castle(or whatever the its called): Same reason as Corneria
Mute City: No ledges make Edgeguarding easier

Worst: FD, Im a Kirby main, no where to hide makes me very vulnerable to spamming
Kongo Jungle 64: THE BARREL, IT DOES NOTHING(seriously, that barrel loves to kill me)

Mains: Kirby
Seconds: Doc, Falco, Marth, Fox

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman
Is that your favorite or your worst? I sure hope that's your worst, cause that's not an even stage. I like to play by tournament rules, so I like the balanced stages.

Barbeque

Smash Journeyman
Least Favourite: Icicle Mountain
Favourite: Rainbow Cruise (probably)

I don't really like stages just because there good stages/counterpicks/neutrals.

Favourite Character: Peach
Main Character: Ice Climbers

XmeX565

Smash Cadet
you know i think the worst stages are these:
poke floats, iscle moutain, flat zone, mushroom kingdom 1 & 2, brinstar depth, big blue, rainbow cruise.

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman
Yea, I agree, unless your playing for fun. There is a difference with striving to win and playing evenly with skill and that of running around collecting items and trying to avoid stage interuptions. I go with the first.

Top Bottom