• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best/Worst Stages for Yink?

<<onioN>>

Smash Rookie
I have an upcoming MM with a Yink player(I play Bowser) and I want to make sure I'm 100% studied up on the matchup before I play the MM. I'm in Socal and I want to know what Yink's Best/Worst stages are so I know what to pick/what to ban. The stagelist is:

FD, Battlefield, PS2, Smashville, Town and City, and Kalos.

Thanks for the help!

woodstck

Smash Rookie
Ok, so this is from my experience:

- I love smashville because in juggle situations I can run around underneath the platform and poke with upair. (and also get easy techchases on the platform). I also like to Z-drop bombs on it to deny jumps/ high approaches.

- Kalos is good as well because the platforms at the ledge allow you to mixup your recovery a bit easier. You can also use the vertical walls for even more mixups by wall jumping. The wide open space center stage gives you room for you to play the projectile game.

Concerning the rest of the stages I feel pretty indifferent. I generally think that Yink works really well with platforms since you can poke with upair, cover spaces with projectiles and drop through plats with fast arials like bair and nair to contest your opponent underneath. He also benefits from large stages as many projectile characters do (PS2 & Kalos in particular).

Apart from that I usually worry about stages with small blast zones because Yink is lightweight but you don't seem to have any in your list!.

I find this discussion really interesting and would love for other yoinks to share their thoughts!

Rizen

Smash Legend
YL likes to run away from bowser and throw stuff at him. Ban big stages, especially PS2.

PurpleEyedGuma

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-6430-7504-4526
Having played with the “Rishi’s Jungle Jam” ruleset, Kongo Falls is a pretty good stage for him. It compliments his jump height, agility, and projectiles well.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Any stages that have narrow pathways which isn't many of them are the worst for Yoshi I would say. Great Cave Offense being a small example.

Top Bottom