• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best/Worst Stages for Sheik?

Krispy100

Smash Rookie
I was wondering if Sheik has clear-cut good and bad stages, or if it's more dependent on matchup and general preference. In tournaments I don't know what I'm supposed to ban and which stages I should pick.

vien

Smash Rookie
From Best to Worst (In My Opinion):

FoD - Great for Sheik except against Puff and Peach.
Battlefield - Great stage for Sheik, great platform movement
Yoshi's - I hear people say this stage can be bad in certain matchups but this is my favorite stage and I feel its great for Sheik.
Pokemon Stadium - Pretty good map for Sheik, I would ban it against spacies though.
Dreamland - Good for Sheik except always ban against Puff and Peach
Final Destination - I always ban FD against spacies and Marth. Probably Sheik's worst stage.

Overall, Sheik is better with platforms. FD sucks

Last edited:

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master

Battlefield - Good stage for Sheik, great platform movement
Yoshi's - I hear people say this stage can be bad in certain matchups but this is my favorite stage and I feel its great for Sheik.
Pokemon Stadium - Pretty good map for Sheik, I would ban it against spacies though.
Dreamland - Good for Sheik except for
Final Destination - I always ban FD against spacies and Marth. Probably Sheik's worst stage.

I picked FD as my counterpick in losers finals yesterday T_T

got 2 stocked by a Marth I had 3 stocked in game 1 and lost just barely on his counterpick in game 2.

Personally, I think battlefield is awesome for shiek. With shiek it's all preferance but yeah... FD sucks for shiek. Dreamland is pretty good against Marth because no auto tipper platforms. Honnestly next time I counter pick a marth I'm going to either Dreamland or FoD.

NeoAkira

Smash Apprentice
FoD has clear-cut advantages for sheik, but I pretty much always default to Battlefield. The platforms make it far easier for me to hit my wavelands and it's easy to pressure from below the platforms with shffl fairs/uairs and utilt.

In the end, whatever stage you practice on the most and feel the most comfortable on will benefit you the most outside of a few matchups on FD.

$alsa

Smash Cadet
NNID
itzall1848

Battlefield - Great stage for Sheik, great platform movement
Dreamland - Good for Sheik except always ban against Puff and Peach

This is a very good scale.
FoD I would say is actually okay against Puff and Peach, but there are better alternatives, against Peach you need to be really confident.
Battle field Sheik has a lot of good spacing setups with the plats to auto cancel needles into anything you want, like fair or grab.
Yoshi's, I like to take most spacies here if Battlefield almost worked but I couldn't quite get in enough, I use this to make the gap smaller, it also gives you some nice high/low recovery mixup if you space your up-B right.
Pokemon, yeah ban this against spacies, stage favours them too much.
Dreamland, this is a good stage against some Foxes because you live forever and you can run away a bit easier, but you kinda give up the high/low recovery mixup without making it obvious what you're doing, it's also kinda nice against Marth because his F-smash doesn't go through the plats, up-tilt does though so be careful of that.
And FD sucks, just ban this too if you think someone might take you here, Sheik doesn't have a lot of options here, the only person I think would be ok to take here is Falcon or maybe Ganon/low tiers excluding DK.

Top Bottom