• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best way to taunt

Zori

Smash Champion
Starting a thread to see how everyone taunts

My favorite way is to call rush on the ground and then stand next to rush and down taunt

Thank me later :]

Ragna22

Smash Ace
I instinctively just jump up and down a few times like I do in the actual Megaman games that let you just screw around in the boss room when you beat them before the game decides you can leave the level.

OnFullTilt

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gregolus
I'm looking forward to taunting by FTilting while tiptoeing as slowly as possible.

Abortion Doc

Smash Cadet
I like to just stand there and shake Mega Man's leg by ever so slightly wiggling the control stick

Last edited:

ENKER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamanx1367
3DS FC
5344-0965-9612
I also freeze frame teleport out! (FFT? FFTO?) But, now I HAVE to try these others. :D

Last edited:

Riskman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
weavorsomething
3DS FC
2406-5118-0663
I by instinct go for side taunt, but I also like doing down taunt to look like I teleported out. All of his taunts look great in my opinion.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I'm surprised nobody jumps, and then right as they land, teleports away.

ENKER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamanx1367
3DS FC
5344-0965-9612
I will now, lol. :)

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
Rush Coil, let him send you up higher on the second jump, Leaf Shield so it looks like you're copying a weapon, then teleport out once you land. :shades:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The teleport taunt is the best one. Hands down. I just like the fact that he punches the ground to do it too.

Last edited:

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
All of the above, everything, yes. Love it. :grin:

SilverChaos

Smash Apprentice
If you hold left on the control pad as the Results Screen comes up, you can force the "Teleport In" victory pose, so I always combine the Teleport Out taunt with the Teleport In victory so it looks like he teleported to the victor screen.

1FC0

Smash Lord
I like taunting. And turtles.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Lately I've been a fan of doing it old school, turning left and right over and over (toe wiggle)

Usually though I throw a Metal Blade on the floor, pick it up, and state indefinitely without blinking/moving ever again.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Ok this one will change your life.

Repeatedly shield and unshield, and it looks like Mega is doing the Rumba.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Doesn't the back turn taunt look like he's channeling Zero?

Edit: Someone needs to do this taunt while holding a Beam Sword.

Last edited:

MarioFireRed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MarioFireRed
3DS FC
5026-4457-8398
I usually throw Metal Blades down, Down Taunt, then proceed to SH a few times while holding the blades until their invincibility wears off.

If it's their last stock I do Side Taunt.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Jump (or short hop) for joy!!
If it's on the last stock, if I feel cheeky enough, I'd teleport to the victory screen. That smile on his face on that pose always warms my heart a lil bit.

K-45

Smash Journeyman
On someone's last life I like leaving a metal blade in the ground saying this is your grave.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Mega Upper if you can, and when you know and see your opponent flying in the background in the distance on their last stock... time Up Special perfectly, land and Down Taunt at the last second for the both of you teleporting away.

AMAZE.

KRBAY

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SSBBSonic
3DS FC
0774-4477-0228
Usually I use the D-Pad.

oh...

BlkSheep642

Smash Apprentice
Down taunt at the last second so when it freezeframes it looks like I teleported away.
This seems to be very popular, but what's better is that if this is done on the last stock, and you hold left on the D-pad, It seems as if you teleport out of the stage, and into the victory screen. I do this all the time, and my friend noticed that I do it intentionally, recently.

Dyz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dyz-89
3DS FC
1950-9945-5854
This seems to be very popular, but what's better is that if this is done on the last stock, and you hold left on the D-pad, It seems as if you teleport out of the stage, and into the victory screen. I do this all the time, and my friend noticed that I do it intentionally, recently.
i think i just played some games with you, i was using Duck Hunt, and were you using Diddy kong then switched to the black and yellow megaman? if so GG man,

on topic, i use Megaman as well but recently i noticed some people dont like Taunters, unless its after an epic moment and they taunt after the 1st stock i dont mind that, though usually if they taunt i do the same when i win and by popular selection Down Taunt to teleport away ftw, other than that, i have enjoyed just running and jumping off the stage pressing Neutral A, just to shot some pellets

BlkSheep642

Smash Apprentice
i think i just played some games with you, i was using Duck Hunt, and were you using Diddy kong then switched to the black and yellow megaman? if so GG man,

on topic, i use Megaman as well but recently i noticed some people dont like Taunters, unless its after an epic moment and they taunt after the 1st stock i dont mind that, though usually if they taunt i do the same when i win and by popular selection Down Taunt to teleport away ftw, other than that, i have enjoyed just running and jumping off the stage pressing Neutral A, just to shot some pellets

OH man, yea, i was just testing if diddy kong was really that easy to use. GGs to you too.

iiGGYxD

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iiGGYxD
3DS FC
0447-7543-7353
I hold down to inspect my boots....make sure they're nice and slick >->

Top Bottom