• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best way to SH -> Nair?

Sam'sAwakening

Smash Cadet
What is the best button to use for short hop nair? Should I use X or Y? Also, is using Z and good option to get the nair out fast, or should I just slide my finger to A?

Pauer

The Pauerful
I use z because it gives me more control since I'm using two fingers. At least that's how it feels to me. Anything is fine really as long as it does the job.
But getting the nair out ASAP isn't as important as people like to think. Most of the time, it's best to time the nair so it can't get shieldgrabbed, which can still be very fast if timed right.

M4zu

Smash Rookie
I use X because i learn sh with it also I think that it's better because u can slide your thumb form X to B, my tip it's to practice the motion slowly and it'll become muscle memory

Vista_

Smash Cadet
Ultimately it's up to personal preference, but it everything feels comfortable then I'd reccomend not using z to do the aerial because if you try to do an instant SH Nair and you're a frame or two early with the Z input then you'll do a JC grab.

Top Bottom