• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Way to Practice Alone?

Corwin4TheWin

Smash Rookie
So I finally have a GameCube and copy of Melee that I can call my own (YAY!). The only problem is, there aren't a lot of people I can practice with in my area. There is a university 30 minutes away where I can practice with friends and whatnot. But I was just curious how I should go about practicing when I can't make the drive there and I'm at home alone. Are CPUs good enough to practice against? Is there a certain level I should be training against? Thanks for reading, any advice helps!

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Practicing vs CPUs is very helpful for working on tech skill. To be honest, it's not difficult to spend weeks or even months just solo labbing tech skill, and you probably won't even get bored of it if you have enough motivation.

Beyond that, I recommend going to locals. If you really are unable to travel out to events often, it might be worth while to sign up for netplay so that you can get some practice against real opponents. www.smashladder.com

Last edited:

Suzukipot

Actual Mother trash
NNID
em12498
3DS FC
0404-9964-5652
if you're just starting out, I would definitely recommend practicing against CPU's, at least until you get your basic techskills down. If you want something a little more advanced after that point, I'd recommend downloading the Melee ISO.

Top Bottom