• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best way to make friends here?

TheLonelyTugboat17

Smash Rookie
Hey folks, it's your friendly neighborhood tugboat again :)

I am sorry if this thread is inappropriate here in this forum, but I have decided that I am going to start to main Lucario. After seeing the community's loving embrace of Mr. Trela in my other thread, I decided I want to also be in that cuddly circle. I will begin to read up on all the strategy and stuffies...

...but to be honest, not to see like a diddly little dorky dong, how do I make people here think I am "cool"? I know it is just an internet forum, but I get the sense that a lot of you guys are friends just like your friends in real life. I haven't really gone out much lately, occasionally will go the old arcade on Miller Street by the Strip Mall in town with a few of my RL brawl playas, but other than that it's been, eh, kinda lonely lately :(

I don't want to seem like that desperate little diglett, but how do I make this forum think I am "cool"? How do I fit in? I am willing to change myself and behavior as needed to be a part of this comunity.

Thank you so much (future) friends!

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
*coming from the guy who has 7 post.

Honestly though just post a lot and don't make post like these. People will eventually get to know you. Just don't become a Jebus.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
It's not terribly difficult. Just think of it as you would in real life. Don't be a jerk, don't be a pompous ***, etc. etc.

If you're going to give opinions on things like match ups or whatever, don't be afraid to do so. Just keep in mind that you're new and you probably don't know as much as the veterans, so don't stubbornly insist that you're right. Giving your opinions won't get you a bad rep, but insisting that you're right because you beat your best friend/people on WiFi with some tactic won't get you a lot of friends fast.

Other than that, post a lot!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
8 goat minimum.

Anything less, I ignore all your comments.

:phone:

yessi

Smash Ace
NNID
Chonglers
i hope you guys are as friendly as you are in this thread :ohwell:

Top Bottom