• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Way to Introduce Melee to Non-Players

rupan

Smash Cadet
As the title says, I want to know your opinion is on the best way to introduce Melee to non-players! I think a good way to show people what Melee is, is to let them watch the Super Smash Brothers Documentary, as I got into Melee because of this series and it also got my practice partner into Melee as well.

Last edited:

KEYLIME SSB

Smash Journeyman
Introduce it as a casual group game and slowly involve tech more and more. This may not work on some people though.

rupan

Smash Cadet
Bring them to some tournaments. Thats what I have been doing at least :)
In my current state I am trying to start a scene and only have a few close friends playing, hopefully if I get the game big enough I will be able to introduce new players with your method!

Introduce it as a casual group game and slowly involve tech more and more. This may not work on some people though.
It's definately worth a shot though

Last edited by a moderator:

ChibiRoboMan

Smash Rookie
Melee is fun as a casual and competitive game. Therefore, it shouldn't be too hard! If they like fighting games, or S4 even, try showing them some old clips of Melee competitive play (newer stuff might seem more daunting) and then try to display your ability to your friend (chain grabbing, wavedashing, basic but upper level tech), and they might catch on or they may not. A lot of people do, that's why Melee is so popular at the moment haha.

Top Bottom