• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best way to fight against Bayonetta?

KirbyFan20

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FlameMaster93
3DS FC
4811-7980-0973
I can never seem to figure out the optimal way to fight this character. Maybe Bayo mains here can give me some insight?

My main characters are Kirby, Toon Link, and Peach.

Gamehowitzer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gamehowitzer
3DS FC
5327-1431-1627
I can give you a few pointers. Stay on the ground for one. And always be looking out for that side b or dash attack approach. Shield those and punish. If you see a smash attack coming, punish it. they're easy to avoid and punish and they have a bunch of startup and end lag. As long as you stay on the ground bayo wont be able to get air combo's started on you if you dont let her knock you in the air.
Edit: Rather stay NEAR the ground. I almost always beat bayos with my kirby.

Last edited:

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
I can give you this: Bayo hate to approach as she is a bait and punish character with low options to approach with.
if you need to approach, make sure its safe or shield or wellspaced so she doesnt get you.

Kirby: I heard Kirby do have some easier time to edgeguard her than most of the people do DAir and multihops.
also get her ability, as kirbys Bullet Climax is that height so Bayo has hard to even stand on the ground do how low it is

Toon Link: Use Bombs and all his other projectile to ship damage and force her to approach. dont be too predictable tho as she will proberly get use with it and can try to witch time one of your projectile up close

dont have anything about peach tho as I dont know her much

Gamehowitzer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gamehowitzer
3DS FC
5327-1431-1627
I also have little trouble with bayo as marth. since you can make walls using your tilts and the attention to spacing makes you more aware to her aproaches.

SJMistery

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-3611-4128
Most projectiles in general will give her a bad day. Especially the fast projectiles with decent flinch like Greninja's uncharged Water Shuriken. I love baiting the side B to send a fully charged one instead, tough. If she intercepts one of those via close range bWitch Time, the tiny damage output will result in almost negligible slowdown. And with SS to get out of the combos and a very fast aerial speed, and a reliable kill throw to finish the job, I can say Greninja can camp her quite safely. This should in teory work too for Toon Link, minus the aerial part, wich means you have to be carefull and use the F-throw if she gets too close. Remember, throws ignore B-Time, and either Forward or Back throws give you a good distance to fire more projectiles.

By the way, some disjointed hitboxes can hit her safely with proper spacing. Shulk's and Corrin's side Smash attacks are in general too long-ranged for Witch Time to reach the attacker, and some others like most swordfighters can potentially avoid the slowdown if you aim to hit her only with the very egde of the hitbox.

Last edited:
Top Bottom